Creatures lurking in the dark

20 minutes ago...

Hansel's book glowed.

"What's going on?" Hansel.

He opened the book, and he was astonished that some words were being shown in the blank pages.

And the book started to move.

Hansel quickly followed the book to where it's going.

"I got us our room key" said Ace.

"Huh? Where did he go?"

***

Hansel is following the book to random places in the city.

At the end, the glowing stops and the book returned to its original state.

"What was that all about" said Hansel.

He opened the book and saw a picture of strange creatures in the shadows of a city.

He then heard a scream of a woman.

Hansel head on towards the sound. Only to found out that it was near the building they were about to stay.

A lot of people were gathered around near the entrance.

"What's going on here?" Hansel asked a pedestrian.

"A guy and a woman fell from the building" the person replied.

Hansel suddenly felt a chill in his spine and looked at the nearby buildings, and there he saw a shadow of a man with horns. But before he knew it, it was gone.

The rescuers immediately carried the victims to the carriages being pulled by ground dragons.

When Hansel took a look at the victims, he saw Ace is the guy.

"Ace?!" Hansel said in surprise.

***

(At the medical facility)

Ace is still not concious, while the others are  beside his bed, watching over him.

"What happened back there?" Ezra asked.

"That's what I also want to know. I went off somewhere for a moment, and after that I heard a scream, only to find out that Ace was already being varried here" Hansel replied.

"There's not a single scratch on Ace, not to mention some witnesses said that Ace used his body as a cushion when they hit the ground" said Max.

All of the sudden, Ace woke up.

The others were surprised.

"He's up!" Said Max.

"Ace, I need to know why you end up in that situation" said Ezra.

"I...." Ace.

"What is it?" Ezra.

"I-I can't remember" said Ace.

"What?" Hansel.

Hansel: Don't tell me after that fall, he had an amnesia.. or maybe...

"The last thing I remember was that I am relaxing at the balcony" said Ace.

"There's no mistaking it... it must be that creature" said Hansel.

"What do you mean, Hansel?" Ezra.

Hansel grabbed the book and showed them the picture in it.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Max.

"These suddenly popped up in a book with blank pages when we entered this city" said Hansel.

"Then does that mean.." Ezra.

"We're being watched in the shadows by unknown creatures in this very city. And the people living here has no idea on what's going on at all" said Hansel.

To be continued...