Fade

Ace is exhausted from releasing too much energy from his body on that one punch.

"What a waste, who knew that the well known Ace is this weak. Are you sure you're the one who defeated so many strong foes as they say?" Said the enemy leader.

"Shut up. Who says I can't beat you on a one on one" said Ace as he stands up.

The enemy taunts Ace.

Ace sprint towards the enemy and tries to attack him, but Ace's punch was evaded and the enemy counters with a kick on the chin.

Ace flew upwards.

The enemy appeared behind Ace and grabbed his head.

He slammed Ace's head down on the ground with full force.

After that, Ace couldn't move a muscle, and his vision is getting blurry.

"Looks like this is it for you Ace" said the enemy.

The remaining enemies returned with Hansel and the others who were unconcious.

"Hmm.. what a pity" said the enemy leader.

Ace couldn't believe his eyes that they were all defeated by these enemies in such a short time.

"Any last words before you die, Ace?" Said the enemy leader.

Hansel and the others regained their conscious and were too weak due to the enemies' attacks.

The other enemies forced Ezra and the others to look at Ace who is down on the ground.

"A-Ace.... sorry, we lost." said Ezra.

"Say your last words, Ace" said the enemy leader.

"I'll definitely beat you!" Said Ace.

The enemies laughed at Ace's statement.

"I'll look forward to it" said the enemy leader as he looked at Ace.

Ezra and the others tries to struggle to help Ace, but it's no use.

"As a special service, I'll let you see who I really am"said the enemy leader as he removes his mask in front of Ace.

Ace was rather surprised on who the enemy was.

"Y-You're ... Chrono..!?" Said Ace.

"Well then, Good bye Ace" said Chrono.

Chrono punched Ace straight at his heart, leaving a big hole in his body.

"ACE!!!" Ezra and the others yelled.

Ace's corpse slowly fades away.

***

Julie suddenly felt uncomfortable.

"Is there something wrong?" Said Azumi.

Julie: What is this feeling..? I hope the others are okay..

"We're not done yet, Julie" said Azumi.

"Yes!" Said Julie as she grabbed her axe.

***

"Well that takes care of that" said Chrono.

All of the sudden, an unknown presence attacks the enemies from behind and saved Ezra and the others.

"So she's here too huh" said Chrono.

***

The person who saved them from the enemies lead them straight to a cave near the mountains.

"W-Who are you?" Hansel asked.

The person didn't reply and is just looking for any sign of the enemy from the entrance.

Hansel noticed that Ezra is crying.

"I can't believe was killed. It's my fault,I couldn't do anything" said Ezra.

Hansel and Max couldn't believe it either.

"Don't worry, we'll get through this somehow" said the person as it removes its hood.

They were shocked to see that it was Pixie Scale's guild leader, Juniper Draglone.

To be continued...