Debt

Vetras slowly opened his eyes.

He looked at the ceiling of the room.

"Where am I?" Said Vetras.

He got up and saw that his wound was treated and was covered up by a bandage.

Beside his bed, there is a meal prepared on the table.

His stomach growled as he saw the food. He quickly went and ate the food like there is no tomorrow.

"It's good! This is my first time eating something like this!" Said Vetras.

The door opened and the girl who saved him walked inside.

"I see you are already healed, I guess?" Said the girl.

Vetras suddenly threw the plate at her, but the butler came out of knowhere and grabbed it.

"Judging from your attire, you're one of those demons" said Vetras.

"Demons?" She asked.

The butler was enraged and was about to put Vetras out of his misery, but the girl stopped him.

"But milady! He called you a demon!" Said the butler.

"I know, that is why I want to know why he called me that" said the girl.

"You people kept on trampling on us villagers from the outside. You take our resources, you make others your slaves, and worst of all, you all don't care! That is why we all consider people like you demons! Said Vetras.

The girl suddenly was in tears on what she just heard.

"Milady?!" Said the butler.

Somehow, Vetras suddenly felt bad on what he just did, but he has his reasons to do so.

"I can't believe we nobles are nothing but a bunch of bastards that would do such evil acts" said the girl as she cried.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Said Vetras as he felt uncomfortable.

"Don't you see! Milady is on the side of the villagers rather than the nobles itself! Why do you think she would save you from dying earlier" said the butler.

Vetras was rather speechless on what he just heard.

"A noble, siding with us you all treated like trash?! What kind of joke is this?!" Said Vetras.

The girl walked towards him.

Vetras tries to grab the knife in the table, but all of the sudden, she hugged him as she cry.

"W-What are you doing...." said Vetras.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you all needed my help" said the girl as she squeeze him tighter.

This feeling was all too new for him.

He then drop the knife.

"What did she mean, that she couldn't be there" Vetras asked.

"You see... she went on a trip to give food and resources to a certain village from the east side. The progress is quite slow, plus she must not be spotted by any other nobles that she is trying to help the villagers"said the butler.

"Did you said... the east...?" He asked.

"Yes I did" said the butler.

"That is where... I live" said Vetras as he also went to tears knowing that his village was saved.

He then also hugged her tighter.

"I am... in your debt." Said Vetras.

To be Continued..