The Key to the Unknown

Gretel and Ace successfully escorted the queen and Arturia back at the castle.

The guards immediately put the castle on lockdown to ensure the safety of the queen and the princess.

***
At the castle hall...

Ace and Gretel are on standby.

"I was assigned to guard her 2 weeks ago. She was having some unknown flashbacks and her head starts to hurt when that happens." Said Gretel.

"I see. So does this flashbacks that she's having... does it have something to do with the "key" that I hear about?" Ace asked.

"I don't know what this "key" is all about, but an unusual thing happened 2 weeks ago, before this all happened." She replied.

Ace was curious what was that all about.

"What unusual thing?" Ace asked.

"Out of knowhere, a mysterious island emerged at the center of the ocean. The council began investigation, but the island can't be entered." She replied.

Ace was speechless.

"Anyways, we should be on alert. Whatever is happening to the princess, has something to do with this" said Ace.

Ace: She's so serious now. I thought she was a shy type, but she is just like her brother.

***

At the princess' room.

Arturia has finally calmed down and is asleep in her bed, while the queen is sitting beside her.

"It seems that her condition is getting worse, your majesty" said Gretel.

"It is.... I guess it's about time she knows the truth" said the queen.

"If I may ask, your majesty. What is actually going on here" Gretel asked.

The queen touched Arturia's hand.

"She is ---" before she finished what she was going to say, a bomb shell blasts through the window.

"GET DOWN!" said Gretel as she was about to save the both of them.

The shell exploded and the damage was devastating.

***

"What was that?!..... Arturia!" Said Ace as he quickly went upstairs.

***

Gretel was covered by debris.

Gretel: The explosion was powerful than I thought, I was completely blown away before I even....

She suddenly remembered the queen and the princess.

She immediately tried to remove all the debris.

Before she could, she saw the princess was abducted by mysterious men.

"SHIT" said Gretel as she gets up.

The ones who did it got away with the princess in hand.

She suddenly remembered the queen.

She immediately looked around where she might be.

***

Ace was surprised to see that half of the castle roof was destroyed.

"Don't tell me... this was His doing" said Ace.

When he reached the room, he saw Gretel whom is sitting beside the queen.

"Where's the prin--" Ace stopped when he saw the queen was heavily injured and has a hole on the side of her stomach.

"I don't know if we can cure her immediately" said Gretel.

"A-Ace......" the queen said faintly.

"Y-Yes, I'm here..." Ace replied.

She held Ace's hand tightly.

"She.... doesn't deserve this... Please.... Save her..." said the queen.

"I will!" Said Ace.

The queen lets go of his hand.

"She's... gone..." said Gretel.

Ace was frustated that he couldn't do anything to save them when that all happened.

To be Continued...