Mysterious Enemies

Ace activated his ability and he charged directly at the monster.

The monster noticed Ace who was charging at it.

Hansel was at the top of the building.

"Here goes nothing!" Said Hansel as he jumps at the monster, whose attention was directly at Ace.

"Energy magic: Shockwave!" Hansel.

As he falls at the monster, his fist was covered with magical energy. He then, punched the monster and the impact of his fist travelled throughout the body of the monster.

The monster roared loudly when it was hit.

"Now, Ace!" Hansel yelled.

Ace jumped high and clenched his fist.

The monster was about to destroy the nearby building, but Ezra used her magic dome to surround the monster and Max used his air magic to make the monster suffocate inside the dome.

Ace gathered enough momentum to strike a strong blow.

"Take this!" Said Ace.

Ace punched the monster with full force.

The monster took a strong blow and was knocked down.

***

Hours later...

The rescuers gathered around the area to look for injured pedestrians. While the monster is been taken custody by the council soldiers.

"Something feels off here" said Hansel.

"I agree. For a huge monster, that was quite easy." said Ezra.

Ace's hand is shaking.

"Is there something wrong, Ace?" Max asked.

"N-Nothing, I'm just gonna go for a walk" he replied.

Ace left to settle down.

***

He went back to the park where he sat down on a bench.

Ace clenched his hand, but he immediately stopped.

"My hand... it hurts..!" Said Ace.

This is the first time Ace felt pain in his hand after so long. He even clashed fists with powerful foes, but this time, Ace felt pain.

***

At a certain location...

A girl jumps across the tall buildings, and was headed straight to the tall building near the city center.

When she reached her destination, 3 people were already waiting there.

"I have a report, sir" she said.

"Go ahead" said the person in the middle.

"Ace defeated one of my monsters. But, it seems that he also took a recoil." she said.

"Is that so? We'll strike them this evening. It's time that I show that hag that I can defeat him" the person said as he jumps off from the building.

The other 3 also left.

***

Ace's hands still hurt that he can't hold the spoon.

"Are you alright Ace?" Ezra asked.

"I-I'm fine, it's just that I'm not in the mood to eat, I guess" He replied.

Hansel noticed his hand, but he just remained silent.

"Mind if I join you all?" Said Chrono.

Everyone was surprised.

"This looks delicious" said Chrono as he grabbed some of the food on the table.

"What brings you here?" Ace asked.

"I'm just passing by when I saw you all eating here in this restaurant, so I voluntarily came to eat" he replied.

"Is that so? Then, would you mind if you would treat us to some food?" Said Ezra.

"Hey Ezra, that's rather rude" said Max.

"It's alright. Excuse me! Can we get some of these" said Chrono.

All of the sudden, a lot of waiter came to their table and gave them a lot of food on their table.

"Don't be shy, it's my treat after all" said Chrono.

As they enjoy their feast, a mysterious figure is monitoring them from afar.

To be continued...