Part 54 - In the lion's den

Hello!!! Oh my god, feels like ages to be writing a note like this. I'm alive, trust me! I'm currently in the work but my goal for the next months is to get back into what I love and that's writing. Thank you so much for your patience, I'll get to your messages soon ❤️ Enjoy ^.^
————————————————————

"Dad."

I didn't even realized I was saying it aloud. A person who hurt me, who hurt my mum. A person who left us, without single word, without single reason. A person responsible for the fall of my grades, for our time of desperation.

"Please, sit," my father stood up, moving the chair next to him.

I couldn't even believe what he was trying to do, unable to understand this situation. I turned myself, walking towards the door without a single word, when he grabbed my wrist.

"Wait!"

I instantly retreated my hand, feeling so disgusted. It was pure instinct, something my body and my brain knew was the right thing to do.

"Don't you dare touch me," I hissed at him, continuing in walking.

He ran passed by me, smashing the door closed just as I opened the door. I instinctively stepped away from him, thinking about the escape.

"Wait, please!"

"Move, or I will make you," I said, hoping he didn't notice how nervous I was.

"Is everything alright, sir?"

I turned my head to the right to see the maid. She seemed to be nervous and uneasy seeing both of us in this situation.

"Everything's alright, no need to worry. Bring us the food," my father said towards her, even though his eyes haven't moved from mines.

"Please, Evan... sit and listen. It won't take long, I beg you," he lowered his voice, receiving a instinctive shake of my head in return. 

"Let me leave," I repeated firmly, making a step towards the door.

He moved aside, giving me a space to open the door and leave, which was something I was not going to reject. As quickly as I could I opened the door, when his voice stopped me in the middle step.

"Somebody's in the trouble. 80 millions is not a small amount of money. If you leave now, you won't ever see the money."

Shit.

His words reminded me why I was here in the first place, for who I was doing this. And even though I knew there were other ways to get 80 millions, I also knew that the sooner I will have the money, the sooner I can help Delirious out. And I was willing to do anything for him.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath while closing the door. I felt like I yelled no to my only escape, my only way out.

"Good. Please, take a seat now. I'm pretty sure Diana has the food already prepared."

With my head down, clearly as a sign of my defeat, I returned back to the dining room. I wasn't feeling good. I had a feeling I was walking away from the only escape point with every step and growing distant from the exit door.

I sat down, looking at the table. I didn't want to look at him, at somebody who ruined our lives and at that moment the only person who could help me out, help Delirious out.

"I hope you're gonna like it."

Maid put a plate with lasagne in front of me then served the same plate to my father before she walked away with a small bow.

"It's not poisoned, no need to worry about that," my father said.

I wasn't hungry, I didn't even have a taste for a food. I just really wanted to get away from this person as far as I could.

"So how are you, Evan? How's life? I haven't seen you for a while. You grew up so fast, and if I have to say into handsome man. You have some of my genes."

I shot my eyes at him, already feeling boiling anger inside me. This man tried to act like nothing happened. Like we were old friends meeting after so many years. But we weren't and I didn't even want to be.

"You're not making it easier for yourself, son. I just want to talk. I want to know about you."

"There's nothing you should care about. You and me both know I'm sitting here and I haven't leave this apartment yet just because of the money. There's nothing else we have in common. So make it easier for both of us and give me what I want," I said firmly, scanning his reactions.

I didn't understand why he bought me in the first place, why he wanted me to bad, where did he even get the money and what was he doing on the CommonMelody website.

"Who's in trouble? Is it your mom?" He asked, and I clenched my fists.

"Give me the money. I won't tell you anything. You left us, out of nowhere, without a single word. What did you expect is gonna happen now? That we're going to hug and laugh and everything's magically ok? You're dead to me and there's nothing you can do to fix this."

"Evan... you're still my son and that's something nobody can change. So fight with this all you want but this fact stays. I didn't want to leave you or your mother, I really didn't, but-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses. I'm not here to listen to this bullshit. Just-"

This time it was me who was interrupted. I didn't care how much I was pushing my luck or what could go wrong here.

"You will listen to this bullshit. You think it was easy for me to leave you?! And then years after, when I finally found you again, watch you being sold to the other men? My only son being sold like a piece of meat. I know you hate me, I'm pretty sure your mother told you so many lies about me. And as much as guilty I'm, I love you. I still love both of you. All I ask from you is a chance. Chance to be a proper father, a strong man in your life. Say you're giving me a chance and the money is yours."

He was looking at me, his eyes burning into my souls with such a intensity that I was afraid to even move my eyes. I knew no matter what he would ask for me I would always say yes if Delirious was in troubles. And as much as I wanted to say "fuck you" I knew he had me cornered.

"So?" He nudged me impatiently, tapping the nails on the table.

"Chance for a money. Deal."