Part 55 - Flying with a plan

So here we go again! Apologies for this shorter chapter but I hope you'll like it anyway.
Enjoy ^.^
—————————————————————

C'mon! C'mon answer the phone, I beg you!

I was holding the important paper in my already shaking hands while trying to call Delirious for the fifth time but he wasn't answering. After I transferred all the money to his bank account,  I wanted to let him know that he could pay his debts without a single problem.

"Honey? Your dinner's already cold. Are you alright?"

I heard my mum's voice from behind the door. Gripping my phone tighter I sighed and shook my head from side to side even though she couldn't see it.

"I'm fine, not hungry anyway," I whispered back, not even sure if she heard me.

Delirious please! Please, just fucking answer. Maybe Luke can get in touch with him.

"Ok. If you want to talk I'm here. I'll leave you alone," my mum replied, walking away from the door.

With a new hope I quickly called Luke who answered the call on the third beeping sound.

"Skirtboy! Did you miss me that much? We talked like a few hours ago," Luke snickered in a good mood.

"Listen, I was thinking..." I paused myself to take a deep breath, which Luke used.

"Does it hurt? My dick hurts as well. Maybe we can help each other in some way."

"Luke, this is important," I sighed, currently not in the mood for his jokes.

"My dick is also important. Want to give me a private session?"

"I need more money. And... I was thinking I would ask Delirious for help. I already called him but he's not answering. Do you think you could try? Just ask him to check his account if he has twenty million dollars. That's all I need," I explain, ignoring his game.

"Twenty millions?! Your mum is really in big troubles. I sent you what I could but if you want I can borrow some money in the bank or I can gather the money somehow."

"No, you already did a lot. Please, ask Delirious. Tell him it's for my mum and I'm awaiting his phone call," I closed my eyes for a few seconds to calm myself down.

"I will try but you know he has been ignoring me as well since he sold his properties in Toronto. I'll call you back ok? Give me a minute."

Nervously I started to tap my foot, looking out of the window on walking people. I felt like this was the worst waiting in my life. I didn't have plan whatsoever. I just needed him to check his account and call me so I could ensure him that I had everything under control.

My phone rang again and my heart sunk a little bit when I saw Luke's name on it instead of the one I was trying to hard to reach.

"So?" I breathed out impatiently, right after I answered.

"Not answering. I even spoke with Brock but he told me Delirious sent him home for a few days. He sent everybody home, even Lui," Luke almost whispered, and I nodded.

"Alright. I'll pay him a visit. Thanks Luke," I said, already wanting to hung up on him.

"Keep me updated, please. I don't have good feeling about this and if I wasn't in fucking Chicago right now, I'd definitely join you."

Chicago?! That's where Ohm's from. No time!

"I promise. Gotta go."

I stood up, grabbing my backpack. I looked down on the paper, not really having a doubt of my firm plans. I opened the door from my room and stepped out, folded the paper and put it into my pocket.

"Finally. Come eat," my mum shouted from the kitchen, while I was already walking towards the main exit.

"Later, mum! I really, really, can't right now. I'll text you once I land in North Carolina, ok? Keep your fingers crossed for me," I said, not even waiting for her statement.

I hauled the taxi, ordering him to drop me off at the airport. On the way there I bought my fly tickets and luckily enough it was just 2 hours away.

The flight was the worst torture of the whole day. I had to sit and wait hours without even knowing if Delirious got in touch with Luke or if even he checked his account already.

Once I got to his house, I knocked on the door and rang the door bell. Even tho I had no patient of waiting, I knew I had to give him some time to open the door.

C'mon! Just open the damn door already! I can see the light upstairs!