jonah and corbyn | 1

Chapter 1:
Jonah and Corbyn

"Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars"
-Jessie J (Who You Are)

It was baseball season and the whole school was excited. Out of all of the sports the school funded for, the students were happy that they managed to keep the program running smoothly. The baseball team had many players who loved the sport. And they had many fans, who would cheer and even sometimes make signs to point out what team they represented for. It was the last inning and everyone sat on the edge of their seats. The game was tied as it was the opposite team's turn to pitch. There were only two more players who haven't had a chance to bat against them yet. Those two being Jake and Jonah.

Jonah never played.

Even if he did try out; even if he did manage to pass the difficult exercises and drills just to see if he would make it or not; Jonah never played. He never understood why. He had one of the highest scores when passing the many physical tests. He even tried to ask and plead for his coach to put him in, but nothing. He was always just sitting on the bench, soaking up the rays of the beaming sun. But when he seen his coach take a hard stare at him, before glancing back at the field, Jonah had a hint of hope tugging at his heart strings.

"Paul! Get out there!" Jonah's small grin dropped completely as he gave a small sigh. He dipped his head, slouching slightly, trying to not look at how Jake cockily stalked up to the home plate. "Dolan! You're in line!" the coach called after. Jonah decided he would just pack his things now, as he knew he wouldn't be in the game. He felt bad for making his mom have to pay for all new baseball equipment. He never used it. And if you looked at the items he had, you could tell they were still fresh. No dents, no scratches.

Jonah hated it.

"He's running, he's run-aww!" The announcer that the entire school knew as the principal yelled through a microphone (that blasted through large speakers so everyone was able to hear). "And that's the game everyone! Charleston won! But don't worry, next game we'll beat 'em. Thank you and have a good night!" He finished before the speakers cut out with a loud ring, causing a few to cringe at the agonizing sound.

Jonah just sighed as he grabbed his bag and begun his journey out of the dugout. He didn't care that his coach was calling for him to come back. He didn't care that he now had a chance of being kicked off the team. It's not like any of his teammates actually liked him anyway. They would just laugh and push him around as he was still a rookie and no one really knew his real potential for the sport. He just kept walking, the warm breeze hitting his barely sweaty skin.

But while pushing past many bodies that also tried to get home, Jonah managed to accidentally run right into a boy about his age. His mixture of blue and green eyes widened as he coughed up a "sorry". He clutched his book that read SPACE across the top. Jonah just eyed him before nodding with a small grin. The boy named Corbyn watched him go, before running a hand through his obviously dyed white hair. And when releasing a deep breath, Corbyn kept his head down as he squished and slithered through the bodies of other students and adults that went to the game.

Corbyn didn't understand why he even went to the game. He wasn't a sports fanatic and actual rather be at home binge watching whatever TV show that played. But when he passed the baseball players who had just got done congratulating the other team, Corbyn completely understood why he came now. Logan Paul. To Corbyn, he was perfect in every way. He wasn't mean, he was actually very smart and if you just looked at him you could tell he was very well sculpted. The two weren't exactly friends, but they weren't strangers either. The two would occasionally talk in the only class they had together.

Science.

Corbyn had a burning passion for anything related to space and how the world turns. And when he got to talk to Logan about it without him throwing a bored expression his way, Corbyn couldn't help but fall head over heels for the older male.

The teenage male felt his cheeks burn as Logan glanced his way and the two locked eyes. The blonde threw him a smile, making Corbyn turn even more warm. Logan even gave a small wave; and just as Corbyn was going to give one back, a pitched voice had been heard from behind him.

"Logan! You did great out there!" Turning Corbyn could see that it was one of the most known girls in school. Ayla Woodruff. She ran up to Logan and wrapped her arms around his much taller frame. He hugged her back, planting a small kiss on her forehead. Corbyn watched in pure disappointment. He should of known that Logan wasn't waving towards him. That's practically crazy. Never in a million years would the two become friends. So with a sigh, the faux blonde dropped his head, gripping his book tighter as he began his awful walk home.

+++

It's officially the first chapter. Hope you all enjoyed! Vote, comment...or don't. That's okay too.

Thanks
-Nevaeh