sleeping | 10

Chapter 10:
Sleeping

"And there's certain things that I ignore"
-James Arthur (Certain Things)

Week 1 - Day 2

It was going on eleven o'clock and there was no denying that the eight teens were getting tried. Both Gabriela and Christina already went to their shared bunk as they claimed they needed their beauty sleep. Jack was carelessly tapping his fingers on his knee as he looked out the RV window, seeing how the trees and mountains whipped past him. It was slowly making his eyes droop. And he was going to rest where he was on one end of the couch, but Sam bounced in energetic as always. No one knew how, but didn't question it.

"Okay great, so you guys are still up" she looked at the students, them looking puzzled back. "Me being a rule breaker I brought a laptop for you guys to watch some movies. As long as you don't tell Mr Paul, I won't. Enjoy" Sam finished placing a black laptop down at one of the booths, before making her way back towards her private room. Jonah was the one to pick it up and bring it over too the small group, them all gathering around to see what was on the portable computer.

Sam wasn't lying as they all seen at least ten different movies already downloaded to the desktop. It took a great amount of time of debating but they all eventually agreed on the first movie of the series Harry Potter.

"How are we gonna set this up so all of us can watch?" Corbyn wondered as he plopped back down in his spot at the other end of the couch. No one knew, until an idea sparked within Tatum.

"How about we place it on one of the booths' tables and angle it so we all can see? We could put it on full screen" she explained. She took the laptop and placed it on the booth that was closest. And while she was starting the movie, everyone had gotten comfortable on either side couch. Jack was stuck with being on the end near Jonah and Tatum. He felt cold and lonely. He hated being alone.

The movie wasn't even an hour in when half of the group had fallen asleep. It was only really Jonah, Jack and surprisingly Zachary. But Zachary wasn't paying attention to the movie, he was more of just scrolling through his phone as he kept talking glances at a cuddled Corbyn and Daniel. Jack studied the younger's upset facial expression and understood now. It kind of made him frown, but he would never admit why.

Jack got up from his spot and went so he hovered over a sulking Zachary and tapped his shoulder. The pale boy jumped before relaxing at the sight of Jack.

"Come with me" he whispered. Jack then turned on his heels, not bothering to check if Zachary was following him or not. Jack went to the bathroom and sat right on the cold tiled ground. And when he heard the door shut lightly soon after, he knew Zachary had followed. A presence was felt being sat beside him, but neither said a word. "So I'm guessing you like pretty boy out there, don't you?"

Zachary looked at him in shock, but dropped his head nevertheless. He gave a deep sigh, squeaking out an answer.

"I don't know."

"Like how you don't know if you wanna be a boy or not?" Jack teased, making Zachary squeal and playfully punch the other in the arm.

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding. I'm kidding. I find your style...cute" Jack spoke truthfully and running a hand through his locks of curly hair. Zachary blushes at the comment, watching Jack's hair bounce back in awe. And without warning he was the one to run his slim fingers through Jack's hair. Zachary loved how soft it felt. He even giggled as a singular curl fell right in Jack's eye.

"And I find your hair cute" Jack rolled his eyes.

"So I'm guessing you're okay now?" Zachary looked at him skeptically.

"What do you mean?"

"I brought you in here so you would stop sulking over Daniel. Do you feel better now?" Jack asked once again. Zachary reached over and ran his fingers through Jack's hair, tugging at it lightly. And with a nod of his head Zachary said "yes". He felt a lot better actually. And he hated that he did. "We'll let's go then. Finish this movie."

Both boys stood up, exiting the bathroom and once again entering the main room where now even Jonah had fallen asleep with a Tatum practically laying on top of him. The two looked as if they were about to fall off the couch from their weird position. Zachary took his seat next to Daniel once again, while Jack was going to sit at the edge near Jonah's feet. He was quickly stopped by the younger boy himself.

"Sit with me" he ordered and making a little room so Jack could fit. Not declining the offer, Jack got up and squeezed himself on the tiny couch. Zachary leaned into his side getting more comfortable, making Jack tense the tiniest. He eventually relaxed as he rested his head to the side and let his eyes droop. He could feel Zachary shift once more, arms suddenly being wrapped around him. Jack didn't mind as his head was practically out of it and all he wanted was slumber. "Goodnight Jack."

Zachary smiled and pushed that same loose curl from Jack's flawlessly face.