road trip | 5

Chapter 5:
Road trip

"I don't wanna be the lonely one"
-Tori Kelly (Hollow)

The eight of them stood in the quiet office, just there waiting for anyone to speak. It was the principal and his two sons Jake and Logan. They looked as if they didn't want to be there, but it was mandatory that the children of the principal were always there for meetings with other students, as long as they weren't too personal. Apparently it's a way to help relax other student's nerves. The eight awkward students looked around the small room, when the principal finally dropped his reading glasses and moved so he was standing in front of the eight of them. A bright smile grazed his features, while clapping his hands together in happiness and obviously business.

"I'm so glad that you all managed to stop by before heading home. I promise that this little meeting will be brief. I'm just going to explain what you all are here for. And before you ask any questions let me say everything that is needed" the principal Mr Paul exclaims. The students just look at each other in curiosity. "You eight will be going on a road trip. Sound fun right?"

"No" they all murmured out. It instantly brought the principal's mood down.

"What? No, this is great! You all will be given the opportunity to get to know each other. Make friends and finally get to see things in a new light. I know you eight aren't the most popular students around and so I'm giving you a chance to finally open up and realize that in order to make a name for yourself you need to speak up. Be brave. Be you!" Mr Paul spoke proudly while Jake snickered beside him. Logan rolled his eyes at his childish brother. "Plus I'll pass you for the next semester no questions asked."

"What makes you think we would want to do this?" Jonah said blankly and crossing his arms.

"Your parents. They're the ones that called. Apparently they're all friends and have been planning this for some time. They said something to me about their kids being losers" The principal furrowed his eyebrows.

"Whatever" Jack mumbled with a scoff.

And it looks as if Mr Paul was going to speak again, but was stopped.

"You eight losers are going to go on this road trip and learn to communicate like normal teenagers" their principal's son Jake smirked while crossing his arms. His older brother just elbowed him in the side, making Jake glare in his direction before pouting slightly. Logan just rolled his eyes while their dad gave out a deep sigh. He pushed both of his sons out of the way making sure his form was presentable.

"What my son was trying to say was, your parents care about you. They want you to be able to be more social and learn what it would be like to put yourself out there. So as an arrangement with a therapist, your parents and I, we all decided that for the next two weeks, you eight will be going on a small road trip. You will be taken to a cabin and that's where you'll spend a few nights getting to know each other. Break through your barriers, express yourself. And the second you all do that, is the second you all are aloud to go home. Understand?" The principal spoke with a smile sprouting at the end.

They just nodded with frowns. The eight teenagers looked at each other, their anxiety raising and their usual awkward movements only increasing at the thought of having to live with each other for the next two weeks.

"Good. Your trip starts tomorrow. Go home, rest and meet me here tomorrow at eight" their principal spoke cheerfully, before he pushed them out into the sea of other students that scrambled to get home.

They looked at each other, suddenly feeling really nervous. But with small waves and little smiles they went their separate ways. Jack, Corbyn and Jonah went left. Daniel, Zachary and Christina went right. While Gabriela and Tatum went straight.

+++

I feel like all these chapters are going to end up shortish. Hope that's okay.

Thanks
-Nevaeh