thoughts | 11

Chapter 11:
Thoughts

"Tryna fuck me and my mind up"
-Madison Beer (Dead)

Week 1 - Day 3

Corbyn looked over the science book in his hands, obviously very interested in whatever he was reading. He just wanted to keep his mind occupied for the final day on the RV, before they will be forced to actually do things that make them communicate. Out of everyone, he was the most quiet. Well he had a little competition with Tatum when it came to that. Either way, he kept all his focus on what was in front of him and not was going to happen in only a few short hours. Apparently their arrival to the cabin won't be very long now, as they realized it was closer than they thought.

He was actually in the shared bunk, him and Zachary decided to use. At the moment he had the bunk all to himself, as Zachary and everyone else was in the main part of the RV doing whatever pleased them. He laid on his back, the book tightly in his hands hovering over his head. He read the same sentence over three times and still not being able to process what he just read. He only ever did that whenever something else clouded his mind. And right away he would know what was wrong, but this time he was completely oblivious.

He had no idea what was going on with him and it was frustrating.

It was only blocking him from doing something he truly loved. Learning about the outside world. And no not nature, but farther than that where big balls of gas float effortlessly around. So dropping the book to the side, Corbyn got out of the bunk and decided to get something to snack on. Maybe he was just hungry?

He made himself a simple sandwich before taking a seat at one of the booths in front of Christina who too ate a sandwich. Christina noticed his distressed form and raised an eyebrow. She stopped mid chew, swallowing whatever she could, before opening her mouth to speak.

"Is something wrong?"

Corbyn looked up from his food, giving her a sideways glance.

"No, why?" He responded.

"I don't know, you just seem irritated. Is there a reason behind that?" She asks. He just shook his head, turning his view to Zachary and Tatum who were having a thumb war.

"I have no idea. I can't focus on anything" Corbyn answered as he snapped his attention back to a curious Christina. She just clicked her tongue in fascination.

"Maybe it's because we're on a road trip to a cabin God knows where, with people we hardly know. An always energized therapist is our look out and a fat slightly creepy dude is our driver. I would be unfocused too" Christina bluntly spoke. Corbyn's mouth dropped as he watched her get up and put her dishes away. He too finished his food not too long after, getting up. But in the process he bumped into Gabriela. The upsetting part is that she had a drink that managed to spill all over Corbyn and run down.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Here let me help clea-" she was stopped.

"It's fine. You're fine. I'll just take a quick shower and put something new on. No big deal" he soothed, making Gabriela nod at his words. And even if he seemed completely fine with it, she still felt guilty for her clumsy ways.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be mad" she panicked.

"I'm sure. I'm not mad. It's okay, really" he chuckled as he chuckled before walking past her to get to the storage units. He grabbed a band t shirt and a pair of sweatpants as he wasn't feeling all too fancy for a real outfit. Especially sense he'll just be on the RV for another few hours.

And with heading to the back getting ready to take a shower, Corbyn had walked in just as a familiar figure stepped out. Thankfully the person had a towel on. Corbyn once again opened his closed eyes as the person chuckled. It was Jack and he was utterly amused with Corbyn's flustered form.

"Don't cream your pants blondie. Do you mind? I sorta need to get dressed" Jack smirked. Corbyn turned even more red as he exited the bathroom and waited patiently for Jack to finish his business. It wasn't long, but the embarrassment still lingered as he seen Jack walk past with a cocky smirk. Now he was even more confused.

His mind wasn't straight. But then again neither was he.

And while cleansing his body, Corbyn kept thinking about what Christina told him. It was just because he was on this road trip. Not at all because he suddenly had a wave of emotions hitting him all at once. Especially for a certain someone.