dirty | 8

Chapter 8:
Dirty

"If I lose myself, I lose it all"
-Naughty Boy featuring Beyonce (Runnin' Lose It All)

Week 1 - Day 2

Zachary had gotten up from his spot at one of the built in booths (so they could eat) and placed his finished bowl of cereal in the sink. He's never one of the first people to wake up, but he had to share a bunk with Corbyn; which wasn't all that comfortable. So overall he didn't get much sleep. And with a deep sigh he went over to the storage units so he could grab his luggage. He planned on taking a shower as he always felt so dirty. Dirty for sleeping with all those men. Dirty for allowing his dad to give him menacing glares whenever he was seen wearing a skirt. He might seem like he gave two shits about how his life have become, but in reality he was hurting deeply.

He only had one real friend. And even then she seemed to be distant.

Zachary didn't feel like actually dressing up for the day ahead of him, so he just grabbed a loose t shirt and baggy shorts. He still owned boy clothes, he just only wore them when he didn't care. He carefully placed his things back, not wanting to wake the others and headed to the back where he remembered the bathroom was. Zachary automatically felt claustrophobic the second he seen how small the bathroom really was. And considering Jeremy was still driving, Zachary felt himself slowly getting sick.

Nevertheless the small pale boy undressed himself and stepped into the shower he made sure was hot. He used double the amount of soap normal people would use, as he had to make sure he got every crevice of wherever people touched him. He even began humming a small tune to himself, not noticing that someone had entered.

"Because I'm at an all time low" he sung proudly, making the figure stop and stare at the shower in disbelief.

"Didn't know someone else held such a beautiful voice too" it was Christina. She was just about to clean her own mouth hygiene. Zachary stopped his vocals and slowly pulled back the curtains so only his head and part of his chest was shown. His cheeks were a darker red, while his soaked hair laid flat against his forehead.

"Um t-thanks. I don't really sing often" he replies before closing the curtain once again and finishing up. He knew more of the group was awake now and didn't want to hog the bathroom like Sam said.

"Well you should" she said between brushes. She spit and rinsed her mouth. "Maybe you and Daniel could sing something together?" She suggested when wiping her mouth clean and facing the shower once again.

Zachary turned the shower off and sighed. He poked his head out, looking at her in shock, before quickly grabbing his towel that laid against the counter top.

"Yeah, probably not. Daniel's a musical genius. I'm not. Thanks though" Zachary stated while now stepping out into the much colder air, his white towel securely wrapped around his waist. Christina eyed him, before rolling her eyes.

"Fine. Maybe I'll ask Daniel myself" The brunette female smirks as she walks out the bathroom. Zachary's eyes widened as he called after. He ran out the bathroom, gripping his towel hoping it didn't accidentally slip off. And when entering the main part of the RV all eyes met him. His face had heat growing rapidly as everyone looked puzzled. Christina stopped talking with a now amused Daniel to shake her head at the other.

Zachary quickly went back to the bathroom, feeling slightly bothered by a pair of eyes that trailed their gaze all over him.

"Hey Jack" Gabriela called out, snapping him from a daze. The curly haired boy gave her a small hum, showing that she caught his attention. "Would you like some eggs? I made a little too much" he just shook his head no, before getting up and going towards the fridge.

"Maybe next time. I'm not really hungry" he pulled out a carton of juice and grabbing a small blue cup from the cupboards above them. Gabriela nodded in understanding, before going to the others and asking if they wanted any. Luckily for her Jonah and Tatum wanted a little. And she felt accomplished for making something so delicious that they wanted more.

See, you aren't so worthless.

Gabriela smiled to herself.

"Yeah..." She trailed quietly.

When walking back out into the room fully clothed now, Zachary had accidentally had bumped into Corbyn, knocking the boys' book right out of his hand. Both boys watched in horror as it flew across the room and hit Daniel right in the head. The brunette hissed at the feeling, looking at the two who suddenly felt really guilty.

"I'm so sorry" both Zachary and Corbyn said together. Daniel stood up, grabbing the book in the process. He went up to the two and casually handed Corbyn the book back. A smile twitched on his lips while his eyes sparkled.

"It's okay. I know it was an accident" he said while placing a hand on both of their shoulders. Both boys melted at the touch, their cheeks turning a tint of pink. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go ask Sam if she has any medicine for this headache I'm about to witness" he dropped his hands, both boys stepping away to allow Daniel through.

+++

Oouu okay we're getting saucy.

-Nevaeh