get on board | 6

Chapter 6:
Get on board

"I guess I'm a disappointment"
-NF (Let You Down)

Week 1 - Day 1

Mr Paul and his two sons had stood in the school's parking lot waiting for the eight students who had no choice but to follow through with this task. They watched as many other students walked past them and into the school building. Jake and Logan would occasionally speak to those students, wishing they could just leave and head in the large building themselves; but they weren't aloud to. At least not until they seen the the large RV behind them take off with those chosen students in it.

"Come on dad, why do we have to-" the youngest son Jake was cut from his complaint when his dad hushed him.

"Quiet. They're here" Mr Paul stated while straightening out his suit. "Smile boys. Act nice."

Logan genuinely placed a smile against his face upon seeing the eight frowning students, while Jake rolled his eyes with a scoff and crossed his arms. Once they were close enough (with their about two weeks worth of luggage trailing behind them) Mr Paul made a grand announcement with a smile so bright it could blind you.

"I'm glad you all had shown up. You won't regret it. Remember this is a benefit for you guys. On the way to the cabin it'll be about a three day drive, you'll spend your time getting to know each other. Then you'll arrive at the cabin and there will be tests to help you all open up more. You probably won't even have to stay there for the full two weeks. The second I get a report back saying that you eight finally expressed yourselves for the better, you're free to come back. Have fun and good luck. You may now enter" Mr Paul explained. And when finished he opened the RV door.

The eight teens looked at each other skeptically and yet still upset about this whole thing. When they went home last night and spoke to their parents about this, the adults said it was them just wanting to help. But to the eight teens it felt like they were being shifted off to some lame boot camp. So with a sigh, Jonah was the first to step up. He entered the fairly large vehicle, the others not taking too long to follow right after.

"Wow."

They all looked around, dropping their luggage wherever. Sadly their looks of awe were stopped the second two figures popped up from the back. One was a man wearing an all black outfit and a matching hat. He had a beard that seemed to be growing fairly long. He was also more on the larger side. And next to him stood a women who's aura just screamed happiness. It frightened the others a little. The lady held a clipboard, her hair tied into a tight bun. And they would have mistaked her for a person who was fairly organized and demanding, if she wasn't wearing bleached jeans, a band t-shirt and worn out sneakers.

"Hi. My name is Sam and I'm your specialized therapist. I'm here to make sure you all improve on this journey. And this here is Jeremy. He's our driver. Treat him with respect, because he's nothing but a sweetheart" the Jeremy guy smiled at her words before heading to the front and getting into position. The eight students jumped lightly when feeling the vehicle roar alive.

"I would make yourself comfortable, because now we are heading off" Jeremy announced as he placed his foot on the gas pedal, making the RV jerk forward. The eight took seats, while Sam hovered over them with her smile still stuck on her face. The students felt as if it was permanently stuck like that.

"Okay, now arrangement rules. In the back there is a small bathroom. You are not to use it for longer than half an hour, as there are eight of you. Then are the bunks. There aren't enough for all of you to get one, so share. There are four of them so, two per bunk. Next to us is the small kitchen. Do not make anything too extreme, that you accidentally set the RV on fire. Also clean your own mess...and I think that's it" Sam said as she looked around the vehicle wondering if she should mention anything else. "You may put your luggage above in the little storage units. Other than that have fun and mingle. I'll be in the last small room next to the bathroom if needed" she finished before walking off.

The eight teens nodded at the information, all going to do separate things. Zachary was casually putting his luggage away when he looked to see Daniel pulling out a guitar from it's case. He perked at the instrument and immediately stopped putting his things away to sit next to the other brunette. Daniel noticed the smaller boy and smiled slightly. And when understanding that he wasn't leaving anytime soon, Daniel just continued his business.

He strummed a few cords to the guitar allowing a soft tune to flow. And when it began to sound like the same song he played only yesterday at lunch, Jack couldn't help but become intrigued himself. He stopped scrolling through his phone to look at the pair of boys who sat close to one another on the built in couch.

"I just wanna give you the lovin' that your missin', baby to just wake up with you. It will be everything I need and this could be so different, tell me what you want to do" Daniel sang carefully knowing eyes were watching him closely. And even if all the attention was giving him anxiety, he still kept his composure and finished the song.

Almost instantly as he finished the last note, claps were heard. Daniel looked around to see the other seven bystanders looking at him in complete amazement. He smiled, a blush creeping up his face.

"You were amazing Daniel!" Zachary beamed.

"Thanks" he sheepishly replied.