finish the story | 19

Chapter 19:
Finish the story

"Sing you a lullaby where you die at the end"
-Melanie Martinez (Milk and Cookies)

Week 1 - Day 7

"You guys are going no where" the familiar voice of Sam said, making all the students step away in fear. Behind her was Jeremy and a guilty looking Evan.

"What did we do to deserve this?" Jack spoke up, his emotions no longer just showing terror, but anger too. It was like his life was on an infinite loop and he reliving everything his past self had just gone through. He remembers all the beatings, all the blood, his life being taken.

"Oh it's real simple. You all are sinners. Life was made to be one way. A beautiful wife and a strong husband. To cherish each other and to hold. And if you keep being who you are then you'll keep living this tortuous life. Over and over again" Sam explained as she got closer to the eight. They all just took steps back, scared of the people they now knew were imposters. Just a couple that died a long time ago, their souls rotting in hell until they get what they want.

"I don't understand" Christina wondered this time. Here eyebrows were furrowed as she was not comprehending what was being told to her. Sam rolled her eyes, her once bright smile now beginning to falter.

"Well let us break it down for you guys, yeah? Tell the real story on how this should all play out. How each and every single one of you will die in the end" Sam said. She snapped her pale fingers, a sudden video projector starting and showing a blurry film up against the wall. It looked to be a recorded video. Home videos if you will.

"Come on Jordan, help Sam and Gloria with the bags" a man had spoke behind the camera. The video was showing a very upset boy that looked just like Jack, along with two females who looked just like Sam and Gabriela. The Jordan kid sighed before helping with the last few bags that needed to be taken out from the small blue car. But soon the camera was turned to a couple that stood in the entrance of the cabin.

Two figures that looked just like Jonah and Tatum. The pair shared a faint kiss, before the voice of Sam yelled for the female, while the man behind the camera called for the guy.

"Jackson my boy, treat her right and your life would be filled with no worries" the guy spoke, while putting a hand on the Jackson boys' shoulder. The other just nodded. Eventually a clip skipped to when everyone was in the cabin, checking in. The man behind the camera was now talking to a kid that was in uniform and looked exactly like Corbyn. But on his name tag it read Carter.

"Two rooms good sir" the man behind the camera spoke, making the Carter boy begin typing in numbers, before handing over two room keys. But what was still caught on camera was a different male that seemed to be a split image of Daniel, came out and began talking to the Carter boy, who's cheeks tinted pink when the other winked at him.

"Alright everyone, I got the rooms. Once we unpack we can begin this bonding adventure" the guy behind the camera spoke. Sam who was looking through a magazine piped up and went to stand next to the man, instantly allowing the camera to be set on a few others. It was the Jordan kid talking and laughing with another boy that replicated Zachary in so many ways. But then again that kid who mimicked Zachary wasn't paying attention to Jordan. No, he was looking past him. While not too far away was the Gloria girl going red in the face, as a female who mirrored Christina whispered things in the other's ear. "Up to the rooms now!" The man behind the camera didn't seem too pleased.

The video cut out. The teens putting their attention back on the ghost couple.

"Sinners all of you!" Jeremy's voice boomed.

"But how?" Gabriela's voice squeaked out.

"Oh we'll tell you" Sam snickered. The video rolled again. But it was just pictures this time.

First up Jonah.

"When you truly love someone you don't abandon them. You don't run away when you could have easily taken them with you. You left her to defend for herself. She was going crazy with her disorder and yet you did nothing. Your not a man, your a pathetic little boy."

Next was Corbyn.

"You can't take something that wasn't yours. Plus something of the same gender. You disgust me."

Now Daniel.

"You stole too. You took another's heart and didn't return it. Instead you broke it, the second you were caught with your little boy toy."

Right after was Jack.

"You disgrace of a human. You were raised to love a women, not a man that didn't even return the same feelings. He never loved you, he loved someone who was already taken."

Then went Zachary.

"You decided you wanted to play. So you did. You took someone's heart and played with it because you couldn't have who you really wanted."

Then Tatum.

"The daughter of us both, said she hated us. She hated us because we drove someone she truly loved away. When in reality she did that herself. You did that when your boyfriend seen how crazy you really were."

After was Christina.

"You caused destruction. You shattered a family love when you refused to stay away like asked."

Lastly Gabriela.

"You too gave yourself up to someone that couldn't see your full potential. Yeah, this love seemed to be unbreakable, but it drove us apart as a family. And nothing is more important than family."

"But we aren't them" Daniel called out. "Whatever happened years ago is over. Just let us go."

"Oh no, we can't do that. You all gotta finish the story. Fulfil the real reason why you all were brought here. But don't worry in the next life you all will get another chance. And hopefully you'll realize what you've done wrong."

And with a snap of their fingers, the eight teens were once again laying in their beds.

+++

I really hope this book isn't confusing. If so just comment and I can help clarify.

-Nevaeh