christina and gabriela | 4

Chapter 4:
Christina and Gabriela

"Now there's so many thoughts goin' through my brain"
-Post Malone (I Fall Apart)

She followed them around like a lost puppy; her looks replicating theirs exactly. They wore a skirt, so she wore a skirt. Even if she did prefer jeans. They wore heels, so she wore heels. Even if she feels more comfortable wearing a simple pair of sneakers. If she even dared to speak her mind on what they should do or what they should wear, she would just be shunned. So keeping her mouth shut, Christina kept her head low and only spoke when asked to. She didn't want her fellow peers to look at her as if she was some peasant.

And if a certain three girls said anything nasty about you, you were automatically bullied. You would be shoved, whispered about, constantly be picked on. And it wouldn't stop until one of the three females said so. And they never do that. Just ask poor student Eben. Christina didn't want to have her final year be a cruel one, so she did everything they have asked of her.

The four of them sat in their math class. Christina sat in her seat casually, as she watched her three boss' continually throw insult after insult to random kids that just wanted to get their work done. And Christina couldn't do a thing to help them; no matter how bad she wants to. It isn't until after the class is done that Christina goes and apologizes for everything.

"Look at him. He doesn't even know if he wants to be a boy or not" One of the three known as Tessa snickers, while pointing one of her perfectly manicured fingers over towards Zachary. Christina was glad that he was on the other side of the classroom, casually doing his work.

"I walked past that Besson kid and I caught him making googly eyes towards Logan again" Alissa said this time, but it wasn't as rude as she wanted it to be. Out of the three of them, Christina knew Alissa wasn't as mean as she was made out to be. It was more of an act, that she only put up for the other two.

"I went to the bathroom and seen that freak Gabriela. She was talking to herself again" the queen bee Erika smiled evily, making the other two cackle. Christina just shook her head, sinking lower in her seat. She even shifted her view so she caught a glimpse of Gabriela. The girl was sitting in her seat that wasn't even too far away, frowning. It wasn't long before Gabriela looked in the direction of the four, locking eyes with Christina.

Gabriela felt her cheeks get warm, making her quickly put her attention back on the sheet of paper that had a few notes but a lot of doodles on it. She gripped her pencil tighter as she started to draw yet another simple shape that turned out to be an uneven heart. And within that heart she started writing down two simple initials.

C. H.

Gabriela felt her face heat up once again as she realized what she had done. Luckily before anyone could see, the bell rung signalling the end of class and the end of the school day. She quickly stuffed the paper in her bag, wanting nothing more than just to get out of the large building. She's been having this imagination for a small story all day and all she wanted to do was go home and finally write it out.

"Jack Avery. Corbyn Besson. Tatum Dahl. Gabriela Gonzalez. Christina Harris. Zachary Herron. Jonah Marais. And Daniel Seavey. Please report to the main office. Thank you" the principal spoke over the intercom. The eight students stopped in their spots, thinking over all the possible reasons why they were being sent to the main office. Never have they gotten in trouble; and not recently did they sign up for anything. That would mean having to communicate with people. And none of them were good at that.

Gabriela sighed, dropping her head before stalking off in the direction where mostly bad kids went. Her anxiety rose with each step.

It's okay Gabbie. It's probably nothing. Just stay calm.

Shaking her head, Gabriela grinned weakly.

"Just stay calm. Got it."