bonding? | 7

Chapter 7:
Bonding?

"Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?"
-Halsey (Gasoline)

Week 1 - Day 1

The eight students haven't heard a word about what they should do to bond with each other from their therapist, so they haven't. They all stayed doing their own things, not bothering or trying to get in the way of each other. Jonah was casually throwing a baseball up in the air, the thoughts of never being good enough to actually play for the school's team running through his mind. His eyebrows furrowed in irritation, completely forgotten about the ball he thrown in the air and allowed it to fall to the ground and roll away. He sighed, about to get up and go get it, but was stopped as someone else bent down and grabbed it.

Jonah looked to see it was Sam.

She held the ball up admiring it.

"You know, I thought you guys would be able to easily talk to each other" she caught their attention, making them all stop and swallow a lump in their throat. "Guess I was wrong. So that means I'm gonna have to step in. Everyone take a seat on the couch" no student disagreed to such order and sat on either side of the RV where seats were open. It was a little squish as the couches weren't all too big, but they made it work. "Great. Now, I'm going to say a word and then you'll say if you like it or not. Maybe whatever you like someone else will."

They nodded, already not liking this social exercise.

"Music."

Every teen said they enjoyed it, but a certain five boys put emphasis on how much they loved such creation of art.

"What instruments do you play?" Corbyn asked Daniel as he seemed to be the known musician on the RV. Everyone has heard of the famous Daniel Seavey in school, yet never really cared enough to get to know him. Daniel tensed at the question, his face heating slightly as a smile started to twitch at his lips.

"Oh, I don't know...all really. Well not all, but definitely a lot. Like the guitar, piano, cello, drums..." He trailed taking a quick glance at Corbyn before dropping his head and looking back at Sam.

"I play guitar and piano too" Corbyn smiled.

"I also play those instruments" Zachary piped up.

"I do but not as much" Jonah mumbled back. He was once again playing with the baseball, tossing it around with a bored expression.

"I'm more with the piano than anything" Jack managed out. He didn't want to speak, but then again this is his chance on possibly gaining friends. He'll try if they will.

"See! You guys are practically friends already. Now the next word is...boys" Sam specifically looked at the three females who just looked at each other. The answer was actually rather different. Two out of the three girls agreed while two out of the five guys also said something.

The tension in the air was a lot more thick than it was previously.

"I mean come on. Everyone can tell I'm gay. Look at me" Zachary sighed while tugging on the slightly larger pink sweater. It was true. Everyone knew him as the girly boy. The boy who didn't give a single damn if people knew that he cross dressed or liked the same gender over all. Yeah, people said things behind his back, but they were childish words you could brush off and not have to worry about.

"I'm actually bisexual. Boys and girls are okay for me" Christina said not wanting to connect eyes with anyone. Of course a single pair of eyes lingered on her for a little longer, slight hope that there was a chance.

"I'm fully lesbian" Gabriela squeaked out. She sunk in her seat, allowing her mind to be clouded to with multiple words and hurtful voices.

"And I'm gay" Corbyn suddenly got quiet. "Please don't hate me" he said almost in a whisper. Gabriela seemed to give the same look as if she's about to be shunned.

The room was yet again quiet.

"Well this took an unexpected turn. You guys continue doing whatever and I'll just leave as this just made y'all even more awkward" Sam began to turn on her heels and head back to her private room, but was stopped as she soon remembered something. "Oh and don't be shy on cooking yourself something for lunch" she winked while motioning towards the fridge that wasn't too far away. And with that she walked away.

The second she was gone everyone partially relaxed and moved away from each other. Tatum was the one to get up and search through the fridge for something to sip on. She managed to find a simple water bottle. And just as she turned around, she had bumped into a slightly taller form. She stumbled but was helped as the person placed their hand on her shoulder steading her form.

"Uh thanks" she said, biting her lower lip.

"No problem" the person being Jonah shyly grinned back.

+++

To be honest I had no idea what to do for this chapter. But at least you know their sexualities now...but some are still hidden.

-Nevaeh