daniel and jack | 2

Chapter 2:
Daniel and Jack

"Could you take care of a broken soul?"
-Jess Glynne (Take Me Home)

It was the beginning of lunch the second the bell had rung. All students had jumped out of their chairs, getting ready to head down to the cafeteria. All except for one. Daniel slowly packed his belongings, leaving the classroom with a small smile and head nod towards his English teacher. And when actually leaving the classroom, Daniel didn't begin his journey towards the huge lunch room. Instead he turned on his heels and went the opposite direction where more classrooms lay. He walked down the long hallway, glancing in different room windows, before he finally stopped in front of a brown door. A smile twitched on his lips as he placed his hand on the doorknob and opened the large door.

He entered as his smile grew even more. He was in the music room.

He looked to see that not a soul was in the room. And so taking the opportunity he walked around the room, debating on which instrument he should play. He loved to play all instruments and actually was self taught for most of them. And when finally reaching the end of all the instruments, Daniel decided that he would grab the cello. One of his personal favorites.

He took the large musical item and sat on one of the many stools. He took a deep breath in and let it go; soon feeling relaxation flow through him. He closed his eyes, preparing for the song he was about to play. And as he gracefully got into position, he wasted no time on taking the bow to the cello and swiping it across the strings. A soft low sound rang through the room, making Daniel shiver in delight. He again allowed a smile to graze his features, as he continued playing the instrument without a sweat. Eventually a song was forming as he continued to play. Soft yet intense music rang throughout the room, Daniel not even knowing he was singing along.

"I know I can treat you better, better than he can!"

And not too long after, he began to put his all into such song. He loved the song, not understanding why. And so whenever he got to sing it, he put more than just his voice into it. He put his feelings as well. He was putting his own twist on the lovely tune, as he skillfully swiped the bow across the strings to the cello, creating a perfect sound. It must of drawn some attention, because when playing, a singular figure walking by their ears twitched at such beautiful sound. The person stopped altogether and decided to figure out who was so talented at the large instrument.

The person known as Jack wasn't surprised when he had seen that it was Daniel. He was known as the band geek, winning many awards for practically being a one man band at the school talent shows. Jack watched Daniel gracefully play for another few minutes, until he seen the brunette stop and begin to get up. So with a nod and sigh, Jack dropped his skateboard that was wedged between his hands, before getting on and taking off down the hall. He skated his body down multiple halls, until he was outside and in the courtyard.

He hid his body behind a set of bleachers and pulled out a box that he knew he would be needing for a stressful day at school. He carelessly pulled out a white and orange stick, that he knows is killing his lungs with each inhale. But with a deep sigh, Jack ran a hand through his bouncy urban curls, his chest tightening in anger as he seen Jake and his posse walk by as if they were having a blast. Jake was the reason why Jack was so closed off to other people. He had raging anxiety and didn't like when people got close to him.

Jack watched the group for a little longer until the bell rung singling classes had started once again. Giving a huff, Jack threw the cancer stick to the ground and stepped on it so the fire was out. He jumped back on his skateboard feeling the wind whip past him as he rolled past and through the halls of the large school.

+++

Yeah, I'll just make this book a mixture of long and short chapters.

Thanks
-Nevaeh