be okay | 14

Chapter 14:
Be okay

"Drowing my thoughts out with the sounds"
-Halsey (Young God)

Week 1 - Day 5

Daniel jumped up from his spot on the bed and immediately ran to the bathroom, where he knew the scream had came from. He tried to open the door, but it was locked. So banging on it, he pleaded that the person who was in there opened the door. He heard feet behind him and could see the others not too far behind wondering what was going on. There bathroom door opened seconds later, revealing a Gabriela in only a towel and tears streaming down her face. She was shaking profusely as she collapsed in the arms of Daniel. He brought the two to the floor as she cried into his chest. She was still wet from her shower that she had taken only a few minutes before, so Daniel's shirt was soaking every second.

"Hey, what happened?" Daniel whispered to her as the others gathered around her form. She lift her head staring at him.

"You don't see it?" She asked, while turning her head towards the open bathroom. She seen red, blood covering the whole bathroom, she even believed that she had some on herself and was getting it on Daniel. Everyone looked towards the bathroom to only see a room that was steamy from the hot shower.

"See what?" Daniel asked. Gabriela looked at him once again before getting out of his arms and standing to her feet. She kept the towel securely around her as she went to face the bathroom. But when doing so nothing was there. She stepped inside the bathroom looking around confused and a little terrified. She closed her eyes and rubbed at her face, hoping what she seen was just a image of her imagination.

But when looking again, she was standing in a blood covered bathroom once more. She screamed. Everyone else jumped at her voice and looked at her in worry.

"How do you not see it? There's blood everywhere!" She shouted.

"Gabbie baby, nothing is there. Are you feeling okay?" Jack stepped up. She ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

"N-Nevermind. Get out. Get out!" She shouted and slamming the door on their faces. She went up to the blood covered mirror and wiped the thick substance away. Cringing at the feeling she looked at herself in horror. She's seen things before, but never something like this. The irony smelly was getting to her. Closing her eyes and opening them once more, every thing was gone. No blood on anything. And what she wiped off the mirror was just water.

"Miss me Gloria?"

Looking past herself in the mirror she could see a man standing behind her. She couldn't be going through this again. Not ever. So swiftly turning around she was met with an empty bathroom. But not wanting to take the chance she quickly exited and dashed back towards her shared bedroom with Jack. She did not want relive something she remembered happening to her in her dreams.

And when actually entering she didn't see Jack in there. He was actually down stairs waiting for the others. He was casually twiddling with his thumbs when he heard a loud bang. He jumped at the sound and looked in the direction of where it had possibly came from. The sound happened again, this time giving an answer to where it could have came. That same door that was behind the stairs. Jack stood to his feet and went towards the door in caution. The banging sound getting louder.

He grabbed the knob, trying to turn and open it, but it seemed to be locked. So pressing his ear against it, he heard faint whispers this time.

"No please stop! I promise I won't do it again. Just don't hurt me" it sounded like Gabriela. But a little older.

"You're getting what you deserve you brat. Kissing that slut is a sin and I don't want you near her ever again" the sound of a grown man spoke and soon after a whip connecting with skin echoed. Jack cringed when a loud scream was heard not too long after.

"Stop! Don't hurt her!" Now Jack was really confused when he heard a older version of himself. That single phrase brought up old memories that were faint but still there.

"What are you doing young man?" a voice had said, making Jack jump away from the door. Looking he had seen Jeremy towering over him with a grim look on his face. Jack stepped back, fear striking him as he now seen resemblance from an old family member with Jeremy.

"N-Nothing" Jack stuttered out; gulping down a lump that was stuck in his throat.

"Well if so, everyone is waiting for you outside. And I don't want to see you near this door ever again. If so, I'll have to tell Sam. And she'll give you a punishment, something you deserve" Jeremy stated a glare sitting on his face. Jack nodded eagerly as he moved past the man and ran out the front door.

"Everything is going to be okay" older Jack said to a crying Gabriela. Jeremy just hit the door with his fist the voices shutting up almost instantly.