sing along | 9

Chapter 9:
Sing Along

"But my love, he doesn't love me so I tell myself"
-Dua Lipa (New Rules)

Week 1 - Day 2

Daniel was laying his throbbing head down on Corbyn's lap, as the faux blonde just skimmed his eyes over his latest textbook that described the different galaxies in outer space. Daniel was actually playing a simple game of go fish with both Jack and Jonah while Gabriela watched them.

"Nope, goldfish" Jonah grinned, making Jack stick out his tongue childishly. The other three laughed at him, while he just picked a card from the small deck of unused cards. But upon seeing his new picked card his eyes brightened. He flicked his light brown eyes to Daniel's ocean blue ones, a smile growing.

"Daniel. Do you own the card two of hearts?"

Daniel looked down at his only two cards and soon sighed defeated. He plucked the simple card from his finger tips and passed it to Jack. The slightly shorter boy gladly took the card and placed it in his own personal deck where he had matches.

"You're cheating. You can see my cards" Daniel whined with a little pout. It once again caused the small group to laugh.

"From the angle I'm at, that's impossible" Jack replied. Daniel huffed, knowing he was right. "But go you big baby, it's your turn" Daniel looked at his last card, before shifting his attention to Jonah.

"Jonah, do you have the king of spades?" Jonah looked down at his own cards and smiled.

"Sadly" he mumbles. He passed the brunette one of his few cards, making Daniel place his last pair near his personal deck.

"Well I'm out."

"I'm going to get something to snack on, anyone want something too?" Gabriela piped up. They all shook their heads, making the teen nod and walk towards their small makeshift kitchen. She went through the cabinets, managing to find a small bag of chips. And just as she was going to grab them, a hand had grabbed it first. Looking she had seen that it was Christina. Her cheeks instantly went red. "Oh um, I was gon-" she was stopped.

"I'm sorry. Here. I'll find something else" Christina smiled while passing Gabriela the bag. Of course being too nice, Gabriela shook her head no.

"N-No you grabbed it first. You can have them."

Christina nodded her head with a grin.

"How about we share? It's big enough, yeah?" Gabriela nodded at the request. The two took a seat at one of the booths. They were across from each other; Gabriela watching as Christina gracefully opened the bag and took a singular chip out to eat. Gabriela also took one and sighed at the taste. Zachary who watched the heartwarming moment, grumbled before flicking his gaze to Daniel who now casually chatted with Corbyn waiting for the card game to be finished.

Zachary frowned at the sight of the brunette smiling happily with the faux blonde. And when taking a glance at the guitar case that rested in the corner an idea sparked. Maybe Christina was right. He should sing a little duet with Daniel. So jumping from his spot next to Tatum, he moved so he hovered over the brunette. His form made Daniel and Corbyn stop talking and look at him.

"Oh hey Zach" Zachary cringed at the nickname. But then again he loved how it sounded rolling off of the other's tongue.

"Hey, um Christina thought it would be cool if we did a song together. She kind of heard me singing earlier and gave me the idea. You don't have to if you don't want to..." He dragged. Daniel just laughed lightly, sitting up from his laying position. Corbyn frowned lightly at the lose.

"Yeah, she mentioned something about that to me. I would love to. You know the song Perfect?" Daniel asked, making Zachary's heart beat a little faster. But discarding how fast his blood was pumping Zachary nodded in agreement. "Great."

Daniel went to grab his guitar and once again taking his seat. Zachary sat beside him, waiting for Daniel to start. Everyone was staring now, waiting for the reveal on whether their voices sounded good together or not.

"Because we were just kids when we fell in love. Not knowing what it was. I will not give you up, in time" Jaws were dropped as the two stopped playing. They smiled at each other, or that was until a new voice had sung gracefully.

"I wanna be your end game" it was Jack.

"Dude that goes perfect with it. Sing it again" Daniel hyped as he strummed the guitar once more. Jack shrugged deciding to go along with it.

"I wanna be your endgame. Endgame" Both Daniel and Jack sang this time. "I wanna be your endgame. Endgame" Zachary joined in. "I wanna be your end..." Both Corbyn and Jonah sung along . Now everyone was taken by surprise.

"Keep going" Daniel smiled.

"I wanna be your-" Jack was cut off from Zachary going back to the song perfect. He was kind of upset that it was no longer just him and Daniel singing. The others just hopped along with his transition though.

"I don't deserve it, you look perfect. I wanna be your-. I don't deserve it, you look perfect" they sang with Jack putting his own twist.

"I don't deserve it, you look perfect tonight" Zachary finished. The silence made the other three girls clap in amazement.

"For making that up on the spot, that sounded amazing" Tatum piped up and pushing Jonah playfully. He shrugged with a smile.

"She's right guys. You all have great voices" Gabriela said after.

"Definitely" Christina winked to a now blushing Zachary.

+++

Oouu I smell tension. Oh and this was a real mashup they did, but I changed it a little to make it fit the chapter. Don't hate me.

Thanks
-Nevaeh