zachary and tatum | 21

Chapter 21:
Zachary and Tatum

"Tell the psychologist something is wrong"
- Melanie Martinez (Mad Hatter)

Week 2 - Day 2

No one knew where Daniel or Corbyn were. Their bedroom door was locked and the rooms were only able to be opened from the inside unless you had a key. None of the teens had a key. They assumed that the two would be fine and just wanted to spend some quality time alone. So not bothering to even go near the door, the other six decided to do their own things that evening. Zachary had actually suddenly felt very dirty. As if he had just done something he regretted and needed to find a way to wash away whatever that deed was. And from all the other times before he had felt that way, Zachary just took a shower.

Dropping his clothing and turning the shower water to a warm temperature, Zachary stepped in the bathtub, allowing the soothing water to relax his tense form. He felt a little better, but still couldn't shake that same gross feeling. So he grabbed the dish soap, dropping it on accident as it was too slippery. But when going to get it, Zachary also slipped in the shower. He managed to hit his head off the wall, a headache slowly forming every second. And the younger thought it was best to just step out the shower as it was unsafe to keep washing when his vision was rather still uneven.

He began to get out, when he missed a step and began to tumble over once more. He tried to cling onto something to help steady his form; but considering all he grabbed onto was the shower curtain Zachary still fell down. The curtain fell too, hugging his wet body as more water was being poured on him. He slowly inhaled less air and more water as he was trapped underneath the shower curtain. And every time he felt like he was about to escape, he was only moving his body further under.

It only was a few minutes before Zachary had his lungs filled with water and he had drowned. No one checked to see what was taking him so long as they all seemed busy themselves. Tatum was throwing yet another tantrum, considering she couldn't find her meds. Everyone was scared of her raging form and stayed clear of her. Except for Jonah who eventually had enough and dragged her up the stairs and into the bedroom where Sam and Jeremy shared. He thought they could help.

"She can't find her pills. We don't know how to help" Jonah said as he now placed a whinning Tatum on the floor. She curled into a ball, staring at the two adults in fear.

"Oh I've mastered in this. We'll take this from here" Sam smiled. Jonah nodded a little unsure whether he should leave Tatum or not. And he was a little frightened when the teenage girl jumped up and clung to his form.

"Go! Go and don't look back. They're not who they say they are! You have to go now. Take the others and leave this place. Hurry before he takes Jack and Gabriela!" Tatum yelled and pushing Jonah out the bedroom door. Sam quickly grabbed the clearly scared female and pulled her back. While Jeremy stepped out with Jonah.

"What is she-" Jonah was stopped as Jeremy just walked by and stalked down the stairs a grim look on his face. Jonah followed after a little confused. He watched as he pulled on Jack and Gabriela's arms forcing the two up. The two teens instantly began to protest.

"No let us go. Stop!" Jack shouted and trying to yank his arm away. But it was no use as Jeremy was already pulling them down the stairs of a basement. Jonah and Christina watched terrified.

"Hey, let them go! Who do you think you are?" Christina shouted as she ran up to the three and kicked Jeremy in the stomach. He let the two others free, Gabriela running into Christina's arms and Jack taking steps back. "Are you okay?" Gabriela looked up at the brunette. And with a small smile she nodded. It wasn't the right time but Christina bent down and gave a small peck against the other's lips.

"You sinners!" Jeremy shouted. He stalked over to the couple and like a bull pushed Christina to the ground. He once again grabbed hold of Gabriela and Jack, dragging them down the basement.

"Go! Get out of here! Leave now, before it's too late" Gabriela cried out, before the door was shut and locked. Jonah ran over to Christina and instantly seen if she was alright. The brunette just got up and went to the basement door, trying to open it. It was no use.

"Damn it! We gotta go get help!" Christina yelled frustrated. Jonah nodded to agree, his mind traveling to Tatum and how she was doing upstairs with Sam. The brunette wasn't doing much but trying to claw her way to freedom. Sam kept holding her back though, trying to shove pills down her throat.

Do it. Kill yourself.

"Just take these. Mama knows best" Sam soothed as she once again forced two blue pills in Tatums mouth.

No one loves you. Do it!

"No! I hate you! Because of you, I'll probably never be able to see him again" Tatum screamed and shoving Sam away, going towards the dresser. She pulled out a belt.

She took everything from you. Do it!

"Oh honey, I'm just trying to help you. You're the reason why he's gone. He finally realized you're crazy...just like me" Sam admitted. Tatum didn't listen though as she went over towards the closet and opened it. She's stepped on a tall tool box. "Tate what are you doing?" Sam worried as she watched her daughter prepare a death wish. "Get down now!"

DO IT!

Tatum listened to the voices.

"Rot in hell" Tatum said before she tipped the tool box. Her body hung loosely from the belt she used. Sam instantly ran over to the female, trying her hardest to get the teen down.

+++

Okay maybe this one was a bit longer...

-Nevaeh