teamwork | 15

Chapter 15:
Teamwork

"The people are saying that you have been playing my heart"
-Nicki Minaj (Grand Piano)

Week 1 - Day 5

"Alright everyone, split into two teams of four and let's begin our first test" Sam beamed. The eight students divided; Jack, Corbyn, Zach and Daniel on one team. While Jonah, Tatum, Christina, and Gabriela were on another. Sam smiled brightly at who was on what team. And as she went up to them, handing them a blindfold, that smile slowly turned into a smirk. She blew the whistle that hung around her neck. "First round! You will pick a person to be blindfolded. And then that person would have to be guided by your other team members to get the needed items from around this area. Everyone got it?"

The groups agreed.

"This tests your communication skills. Good luck. Go!" Sam stated before blowing her whistle. For the first team they chose Corbyn to go. While on the second team they chose Christina. There were shouts of different orders on where the two should be going. It only raised Corbyn's anxiety as he hated not being able to see. But he tried nevertheless. Christina on the other hand just wasn't the best with finding things. Back at school she was always yelled at for grabbing the wrong thing.

"No go left! Yeah, right there!" Daniel shouted as Corbyn grabbed whatever it was and placed it in the team's basket. Zachary didn't say a word and just studied Daniel. A frown was on his face as he seen how happy Daniel looked watching a clumsy Corbyn. Zachary then flicked his attention towards Corbyn who almost tripped over a rock.

A fire burned in the pit of his stomach.

Jack seen the upset teen and stopped his own orders to go check up on him. He nudged Zachary in the side, cocking an eyebrow. The younger just looked at Jack before sighing with an eye roll.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked innocently. Zachary just put his attention back on his other teammates that actually worked really well together. The look gave Jack a pretty big hint. "Oh, I get it. You're still crushing on pretty boy. Understandable. But..." He dragged making Zachary snap his attention towards the other.

"But what? I can't stop thinking about him. He obviously has eyes for Corbyn though. Every time I even try to start a conversation, that blonde idiot always interrupts and takes him from me" Zachary scoffs, crossing his arms in the process. Jack laughed at the younger.

"Awe is Zachy jealous?" Jack teased as he poked the other in the side. Zachary pushed him away.

"Don't call me that" he stated coldly. It obviously didn't faze Jack though as he just kept on laughing and annoying the other.

"And time!" Sam shouted and once again blowing her whistle. "You may take off your blindfold and see how many items you've collected" Jack and Zachary went up to the other two. Daniel took off Corbyn's blindfold, the two smiling when they once again could see each other. Zachary rolled his eyes, making Jack chuckle and place an arm over the other's shoulders bringing him close to his chest.

"Uh sorry guys, we only got five" Corbyn squeaked out, red tinting his cheeks.

"No worries. It's all fun and games right?" Daniel replied and winking at Corbyn, making the fake blonde turn even darker. Daniel giggled at his reaction. Zachary hated it and wanted to tackle Corbyn right then and there. Jack just hugged him tighter, bringing warmth that Zachary relaxed at.

"And the winner is Team Two! Congrats guys. Now we'll take a small break so I can prepare for the second round" Sam instructed. The group understood before going separate ways to just chill. Daniel beamed at the news, grabbing Corbyn's hand and guiding him somewhere else in the forest. Zachary watched the two go, eyeing the sight.

"Come on" Zachary said while motioning for Jack to follow. Zachary wanted to follow the two.

"Why? Leave the two alone. What you need Zachy boy is a distraction. Help you move on" Jack said his eyes twinkling at the idea. Zachary shook his head at the thought and just dragged Jack with him in the direction the other two went. Jack gave a dramatic sigh.

"I wanna see what they're do-" Zachary cut himself off with a gasp. His eyes pricked with tears as he seen the sight before him. Daniel leaned up against a tree, Corbyn in front of him. The two were kissing hungrily as if they've been waiting for a taste of each other.

"Zach-" Jack stopped his words as the younger just pushed past him and through the forest. "Zach! Wait, please!" Jack called out loud now, not caring if they were caught snooping on the pair. The voice of Jack did break the couple apart, but they didn't know where it came from.