Genesis

Shawn woke up in a ruffled mess. He had a     white queen size bed. The reason he got this bed was because... well he was a queen. His mum suggested a king but he insisted on queen but gave no valid reason he just wanted it.

He was shirtless and wearing only his white Calvin Klein briefs. He sat up and just stared at his blank wall in front of him. He really needed to put something on there. Pictures maybe or just some decorative wall piece. He wasn't to sure but it was something that bothered him.

"Shawn, I'm going into town with your father. I will be back in about a hour"

"Okay mum"

"Do you want anything?"

"No mum"

"You sure?"

"Yes mum"

"Okay see you soon"

This whole conversation happened through a closed door. Shawn was now 17 and at that stage where he was getting a bit old for him mum to be walking in on him. God knows what he could be doing.

Shawn got up and put on a white singlet. He looked at his phone and saw some notifications on various social media websites. He then put on some grey sweatpants as it was a Saturday and headed towards the kitchen. There he grabbed a small bowl of fruit loops for breakfast and sat down. His sister must of also gone with his parents because she was no where to be seen.

The house Shawn lived in was nice. Quite big but very traditional. There were some aspects of Modernism. The house was just a great family house for Shawn and his family. All of a sudden his sister Aaliyah walked in.

"Hey Shawn" she said and Shawn smiled

"Hey. I thought you had gone with mum and dad" He replied

"Nah, I think they are just going to get coffee or breakfast. Mum was talking to me last night about how they don't spend much time together anymore so she definitly wants to improve that" She said.

"Oh okay, have you seen my guitar?" Shawn asked and Aaliyah went around the corner of the kitchen just entering the dining room.

"Mum put it here because you left it on the couch in the lounge" She said.

"She really could have just gave it to me instead of moving it and just not telling me" Shawn said.

"I'm sure that wasn't her intention" She said smiling and then there was a ring at the door bell.

"Ooooo Isabelle's here" she said running to the door and she was right, it was Isabelle. There were some sequels of excitement and then they both walked back into the kitchen.

"Oh... hi Shawn" Isabelle said

"Hey" Shawn said awkwardly looking at Aaliyah

Isabelle has had a crush on Shawn for a while but she didn't know Shawn was gay. Aaliyah hadn't even told her because she believed it wasn't her place to tell her.

"Okay Izzy lets go to my room" Aaliyah said. Isabelle quickly smiled at Shawn and followed his sister.

Shawn finished eating. He felt quite satisfied where it came to his hunger. He grabbed his guitar and headed out the back sliding door where there was a porch. There were a few comfy chairs and a porch swing. Shawn normally sat on the chair closest to the stairs as it was warm and the sun would feel like a blanket to him. He sat down on it and grabbed out his guitar. He was playing some chords to warm up and then started to gently sing. Shawn was a good singer. He had a soft voice that sounded quite angelic.

"Wow man, your quite good." A voice came from over the fence.

Shawn got a fright and turned around to see a man with his arms resting on the fence and his head over.

"Oh uhm thanks. Sorry you just gave me a huge fright" Shawn said laughing and the man smiled

"My bad, just couldn't help but listen. How often do you play music or sing?" He asked and Shawn smiled.

"Uhm... I like to play my guitar at least once a day and same with singing." He replied

"Oh nice. I sing sometimes but not to much. I'm still a little shy around my girlfriend."

With that line Shawn felt kind of sad. He had just meet this super attractive guy and found out he was straight.

"I've never seen you around." Shawn said and the man smiled.

"oh yeah, we just moved in a few days ago. Quite a nice little place, living just of the country side" he said and Shawn smiled.

"Yeah, nice and quiet" He said and the man smirked.

"Why's it gotta be quiet?" he said still smirking and Shawn could feel butterflies in his stomach.

"So I can play music" he replied started to choke on his words.

"Oh true" The man said laughing

"By the way. My names Nick. Whats yours?" He asked and Shawn smiled.

"Shawn" he said and Nick also smiled.

"Shawn... that's a cool name, any meaning behind it?" he asked and Shawn replied

"No I don't think so. It's a casual name. How about you?" he asked

"Yeah my name is pretty casual to I guess. Not much special about it." He said and smiled.

Shawn then heard a muffled voice from next door, it was a female. Nick then turned around to reply to the voice.

"Yeah i'm just talking to the neighbours... Okay i'll be in soon." Nick said and turned back to Shawn.

"Well Shawn I gotta get back to the Mrs. You know how that's like" He said and Shawn laughed awkwardly.

"Can't relate" he said Nick replied

"why's that?"

"Uhm...I'm gay" Shawn said and felt slightly good about saying. He never really confessed to strangers about his sexuality.

"Oh nice man" Nick said smiling

"Women can be pains anyway" He said and winked at Shawn and his heart skipped a beat. Nick then hoped of the fence and Shawn was outside alone again. He wasn't to interested in playing guitar anymore. He was more interested in this man and who he was. He walked back inside and saw his sister and her friend in the kitchen.

"Who was that?" Aaliyah asked.

"The new neighbour" Shawn said nervously and Aaliyah could tell something was up. She could tell Shawn had a little crush and it was true, Shawn had just a little crush on this man.

-

Hey guys. Hopefully you don't mind me doing a fanfic on something that's not One direction. I really like Shawn atm so I wanna do a fanfic about him. If you wanna better understanding, go check out my rants book as I explain it more in there.

Please follow, vote & comment and i'll reply to some. Thanks for reading <3