Chapter 8

Shawn had just finished school and was planning his walk home. It wasn't raining anymore but the outside was still very much wet. The scent upset him slightly. Everyone seemed to be into the aesthetic of rain and the scent of it but Shawn never liked it, it was just such a moody vibe.

He was walking outside and Camila caught him.

"Hey, Don't forget the party okay?" She said and Shawn sighed.

"I don't know if i can go, I got homework and my parents probably won't even let me" he said and Camila sighed.

"Just say you're coming to stay at mine. Come on Shawn it will be fun and I feel like you need this". She said and Shawn softly moaned.

"Do I really have to?" He said and Camila giggled.

"Yes you do, after everything I've done for you, it would be good if you could come and there might be boyssss" she said giggling which made Shawn giggle.

"Okay, I'll try go" he said forcing a smile.

"YES! Thanks Shawn, see ya" she said and she walked of.

Shawn left the school gate and was about to walk home but then Nick parked up next to him.

"Hey do you need a lift?" He said and Shawn frowned.

"I think I'm fine thanks" he said and Nick smiled.

"Please, I'm bored" he said and Shawn thought that he would be nice and hop in. Once he was in Nick took of and the two were sitting in the car.

Shawn hated but loved how comfortable Nick sat. He had one hand on the steering wheel while the other was just gently placed on his thigh. His legs were spread and he just looked so manly and Shawn loved it.

"So how was your school day?" Nick asked.

"Oh yeah it was just a normal day, didn't do much or anything but I was invited to a party which surprised me" Shawn said which he truly was surprised that he was invited.

"Oh really? When is it?" Nick asked

"Uhm none of your business thank you very much" Shawn said teasing and Nick giggled.

"Have you ever been to a party?" Nick asked and Shawn looked down.

"No... I'm kind of scared." He said and Nick looked over in aw

"Awwww Shawnie is a little scared of his first party" Nick said and Shawn got mad.

"I told you not to call me that" he said gently because he was embarrassed.

"Don't worry, we all have to start somewhere. You should be fine" he said nearing their houses.

"I just don't wanna get into any drama or fights ya know?" Shawn said.

"And I'm sure you won't but if anything happens you can call me" he said and Shawn laughed.

"Wow thanks dad" he said sarcastically but Shawn calling Nick dad created some sort of tension between the two as they giggled nervously and then went quiet. Nick parked outside his house as Shawn just had to walk next door.

"But in all honesty, if shit goes down at the party and you need some, just give me a call and I'll be there" he said and Shawn smiled.

"Well thank you" Shawn said hoping out the car and walked over to his house.

-

"But mum, Camila really wants me to go"

"I don't care Shawn. You're a good boy who doesn't need to be going to parties where there are drinks and drugs and probably boys who might hurt you" she said and Shawn sighed.

"Mum... I will be fine, I promise. Just let me go experience this please. Nick even offered to come get me if anything bad happens" Shawn said.

"Nick? You told Nick about this? How does he know?" She said standing there with a smirk and her hand on her hip.

"He picked me up from school because it was wet and asked how my day was so I told him how it was and what happened, which involved the invitation" He replied.

"So is Nick going to be at this party? Does this party have a connection with Nick?" She said and Shawn sighed once again.

"Mum. Nick isn't going and has no idea about the party. He only found out through me. Just please let me go" Shawn said and his mum sighed.

"Honey. I just want you to be safe and it scares me that you want to do this" she said.

"I know mum but I need to experience things like this"

"Fine you can go" she said.

"Oh my god! Thank you mum" Shawn hugged his mum and ran up stairs texting Camila the good news.

Shawn: hey, I can go to the party hehe

Camila: OMG YAYYY. I can't wait to have a great time with you. This is gonna be so much fun, I promise

Shawn: it better be or else ;)

Camila: hehe I promise. I gotta go, I'll talk later.

Shawn decided not to text back as he couldn't be bothered messaging her. He started working on a outfit despite it being a week away and didn't know if he should go sexy or just casual. He didn't know what to wear because this was his first party he had ever been to. He thought maybe texting Nick would help.

Shawn: hey man. I need some help

Nick: I'm here

Shawn: so that party that is coming up. I have no idea what to wear. Like do I go provocative or casual or what?

Shawn was starting to work him self up like he usually does. He has always done this.

Nick: I would say provocative but it's your first time so maybe something casual just to feel safe.

Shawn: what if I wanna get somebody

Nick: you don't

This weirded Shawn out a bit.

Shawn: whys that?

It took Nick a little time to reply.

Nick: parties are just not the place to be getting with people, you never know what could happen.

Shawn: but heaps of people get with people at parties, I feel like it could be fun.

Nick: yeah but a lot of people also get hurt at parties, just be safe thats all

Shawn was feeling a bubbly feeling in his stomach. He felt like he was talking to his boyfriend who was trying to make sure his boyfriend was safe and not about to be hurt or anything like that.

Shawn: don't worry I'll be fine. Thanks for the advice

Nick: your welcome, can I just ask you one thing.

Shawn smiled at his phone as this seemed interesting

Shawn: sure, go ahead.

Nick: are you still a virgin.

Shawn was a little shocked that Nick was asking this but be replied anyway.

Shawn: maybe. Why's that?

Nick: just wondering. Your first time shouldn't be at a party thats all.

Shawn: well maybe I'm not a virgin so yeah ;)

Nick: oh please. You're one of the most innocent people I've ever meet.

Shawn: Oh shussh.

Nick: Okay, I'll talk later.

Shawn: okay see ya.

-

Sorry for a late update guys, I've been slightly un inspired and ive been busy oof. Please vote and follow and comment to give me more motivation to post