Chapter 31

*6 weeks have past*

Shawn had finally settled in with Nick. The two ended up not moving into Nicks original house as it was very spacious. Nick revealed that him and Hailey only moved there because they had plans of starting a family.
The two had set up there small but cosy two bedroom house which was on the other side of town. Not to far away from family of course.

"Hey babe, you still wanna do dinner tonight?" Nick said entering the bedroom where Shawn was on his phone aimlessly scrolling through his instagram feed.

"Oh shit... I forgot, yeah we can still do it." Shawn replied.

"Well get dressed up a little. Its kind of a formal restaurant." Nick smiled grabbing some pants and a dress shirt.

"Blazer or no blazer?" Nick asked about to grab the blazer.

"To formal, just do dress shirt." Shawn smiled and Nick nodded going into the bathroom to get changed. Shawn grabbed his dress shirt which was plain white. He liked plain white dress shirts as you couldn't really fail with them, they looked good with everything.
He then grabbed some black pants and put on his little outfit. He paired it with a black tie and styled his hair so it looked nice and tidy. Nick walked out the bathroom with his formal wear all on.

"Oh you shaved?" Shawn said walking over to Nick and giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek while tiding up his tie.

"Well yeah, its formal." Nick replied embarrassed that he could never do his tie properly.

"Yeah but I like you with some scruff." Shawn said quietly smirking.

"It sucks I can't get any." Shawn laughed.

"You're only 18, it should start growing more evenly and fast very soon." Nick replied walking over to the shelf and grabbing some cologne.

"Versace?" Shawn said as Nick sprayed.

"You bet." Nick replied giving his partner a wink.

"You seem a bit frantic, whats up?" Shawn said and Nick sat down with a huff.

"Well just after moving and getting back into work, I feel a bit pressured to give you a good time and life in general. I don't want you t regret this move." Nick said and Shawn kissed his forehead.

"Don't worry, I'm feeling amazing about this and I'm not bothered by anything at all." He smiled and Nick returned the smile.

"Okay well the restaurant is called the rose field, it has a nice outdoor area that I booked. Has a rose archway and roses set out everywhere." Nick said laughing.

"Damm you know how I love me some cliche Roses." Shawn replied.

"Well there is a reason they are a symbol of love, they look great." Nick replied laughing.

-

"Ugh yes, two reservations for Nick Jonas?" Nick said to the receptionist at the restaurant as Shawn stood next to him.

"Oh yes... and the outdoor reservations?" The women replied.

"Yes please" Nick smiled back and the lady lead them to the outside area.

Nick was right. As they exited the building to the outdoor area, there was a huge rose archway that lead to a table with two seats. On that table sat a candle in the centre and two roses, each sat for each person. Surrounded them were fencing that looked over a small pond and rose petals laid on that fence, the pond also had its own natural sound as there were small fountains.

"Oh wow" Shawn said looking around as Nick smirked.

"I really outdid myself didn't I." Nick said proudly.

"It really looks great though." Shawn replied laughing.

"I'll let you too get settled in." The lady said as she headed back inside and Shawn and Nick took there seats.

"Wow it looks really nice Nick. How much did this cost." Shawn said a bit worried.

"Don't worry about it. Just enjoy yourself okay?" Nick said looking at the menu.

"I'm gonna have to be a baby and drink water or juice." Shawn said laughing.

"Oh yeah I forgot your age... maybe I'll order a bottle and sneak you some if you want some that bad." Nick said smiling.

"I just wanna have a glass with you so it feels more romantic." Shawn said laughing.

-

The two had finished dinner and Nick became a bit more frantic and tense.

"Is everything okay?" Shawn asked and Nick gulped.

"What? Yeah of course. I'm having a great time with you." Nick said laughing nervously.

"Okay well we better go. My tummy's full and I wanna get some snuggles with you." Shawn said babying his voice which made Nick laugh.

"Okay... here it goes." Nick said standing up with Shawn and Shawn looked confused.

"Its been a small time knowing you Shawn but that small time has been amazing. I look at you and see everything I ever wanted. You helped me feel comfortable with my sexuality and myself in general. A year ago I never would have thought that I would be out of the closet and in love truly. I though I had to sacrifice that to please others but you taught me elsewise. I look into your eyes and I see my future and my universe. Trust me, if I could put a baby in you I would." Nick said laughing and Shawn laughed back with tears.

"So that's why I'm asking this" Nick said dropping to one knee and Shawns jaw dropped, he gasped as more tears came.

"I know you had fears you would never be able to find a partner but baby... I wanna make you happy and fill all your dreams. Shawn, Will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" Nick said and Shawn was sobbing at this point.

"Oh my fucking god." Shawn said laughing through tears.

"Of course I will." Shawn said lifting Nick up to his height and hugging him, he softly sobbed into Nicks shoulder and Nick embraced him.

"I love you Shawnie."

"Thats the only time I'm letting you call me that.

-

This was really cute to write but hope you enjoy. There still more Don't worry