Chapter 24

Shawn went back to his room and called Nick who had just arrived home. He was really scared for what he was gonna do. He waited for Nick to pick up and he did.

"Hey babe." Nick said and Shawn giggled.

"Sorry I just didn't expect you to say that." He replied.

"What's up?" Nick said laughing and Shawn took a deep breath.

"So my mum said that I can continue a relationship with you... but I have to come out to my dad." Shawn said and Nick sighed.

"Are you ready to do that." He asked.

"I don't know but I guess I don't have a choice do I?" Shawn said.

"Yeah you do. Look if you're not mentally there then no one can expect you to come out otherwise it's just not gonna be good. Please just do it when you're ready."

"I would but I miss you already and I want to continue what we have." Shawn said and Nick smiled.

"Yeah well I have to confront Hailey on the issue." Nick replied.

"Oh I forgot about that." Shawn said and Nick sighed.

"Hopefully she doesn't flip out." He said and Shawn sat down.

"She might be a bit hurt." Shawn said a bit concerned.

"Yeah but it has to be done. I gotta call you back later. When do you plan on coming out to him?" Nick asked.

"Now maybe. He just got home from work and I think right now is the only time I'll be confident enough." Shawn and Nick took a deep breath.

"I love you Shawn." He said.

"I love you too." Shawn said and hung up. He then took a deep breath and walked out his room where he saw his mum. She looked at him and smiled.

"Are you doing it now?" She asked and Shawn felt a bit weak. He was now getting scared.

"Yeah... do you think I should?" Shawn asked and his mum walked up to him and hugged him.

"Of course honey. We love you just as you are and I don't care what happens. Your always going to he our son and thats that." She said finishing the hug and Shawn took a deep breath in and walked down stairs. He saw his dad in the kitchen grabbing a glass of water.

"Hey champ." He said and Shawn smiled.

"Hey dad." He replied taking a seat.

"How have you been? Haven't really talked to you much." He said laughing taking a drink from his cup.

"Ugh yeah good." Shawn said a bit hesitant and his dad grew wary.

"What's up son?" He asked and Shawn started getting very nervous. He was starting to sweat and go a bit red.

"Is something wrong?" Shawns dad asked and Shawn took a deep breath.

"No it's just I wanna tell you something." He said and his dads eyebrow raised.

"Okay..." he said and Shawn sighed.

"Dad... I'm gay." He said and his dads eyes grew.

"Really?" He said putting his cup down and Shawn put his head down.

"Yeah..." he said

"Well... I guess I always knew you might be." He said and Shawn raised his head.

"Really?" He replied.

"Oh come on Shawn. You never dated any girls and the only time you brought around girls was when they were friends and don't think I can't tell when you fancy a guy because it was quite obvious when that Zayn guy came around." He said and Shawn smirked.

"Didn't know I was that obvious." He said.

"Well the first time I thought about it was when my mate came around and brought his son and you seemed a bit flustered." He said and Shawn laughed.

"Yeah... that probably was my first crush." He said laughing.

"Yeah I thought so. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I don't care about your sexuality Shawn. You're my son and my only son and I love you no matter what. Yes I may be a bit pushy when it comes to girls and tease you about girls in the past and that might make me seem a bit like a manly man but I will and would always support your sexuality no matter what okay?" He said and Shawn smiled. His dad went over to him and gave him a hug.

"Thanks dad." He said as the two hugged each other for a few seconds.

"So... is there any guy you fancy?" His dad asked and Shawn decided to just come clean.

"The guy next door." Shawn said and his dad laughed.

"If only he was gay right?" He said and Shawn smirked.

"Yeah if only." And his dad laughed.

"Well I gotta go to my study. If you wanna talk or need anything, please just come talk to me okay?" His dad said.

"Yeah sure dad." He replied and his dad then left  and his mum entered the kitchen.

"Wasn't that bad was it?" She said and Shawn smiled.

"Surprisingly easier then I thought it would be." He replied.

"I told you he wouldn't care. Your so pedantic sometimes." She said now grabbing herself a cup of water.

"So what is it about Nick that you like so much?" She asked and Shawn took a seat and sighing just because of the thought of Nick.

"He is amazing mum. He has a slight cocky attitude that gets to you and is so sweet and kind and knows how to make you feel so delicate and his body oh my god." Shawn said and his mum laughed.

"Goodness me you are boy crazy Shawn." She replied taking a seat.

"Do you think it would work between me and Nick." Shawn asked and his mum smiled.

"I think he just needs to sort out the situation with him and Hailey and then we can discuss that. If he is truly not happy with her then maybe but he is a older man." She replied.

"True but I think he might really care about me."

"Lets just wait and see honey." She said as she got up and rubbed Shawns cheek with her thumb. She then exited the kitchen and Shawn sat there alone smiling. He felt good.

-

Sorry for such a awful paragraph thats short. I have such bad writers block and have not been motivated and just through out something. Please vote and follow and comment some story suggestions or just nice comments to keep me motivated