Chapter 2

"Shawn honey you seem very quiet and your not eating much." Shawn's mum said concerned. Shawn had not had any of his dinner that his mum prepped. It wasn't Shawn's favorite but it's not like Shawn hated it ither.

It was Macaroni and cheese.

"I'm fine mum really, i'm just not feeling up to it that's all" Shawn replied.

Aaliyah was giggling trying not to laugh. Everyone could tell she was giggling and now everyone was curious. All three family members looked at her.

"What?" she asked trying to keep a straight face

"What's so funny?" Shawn's dad asked slightly smiling. Seeing his children happy brought him joy.

"Oh well. Shawn probably isn't eating because he would prefer to be eating with our new neighbour" She said and Shawn choked on his drink of water.

"What the pretty women next door? You know she is taken right son?" He said and Shawn just went bright red and Aaliyah realized the fact that Shawn's dad didn't know Shawn was gay. She then went silent.

"oh it's okay honey, lets just not talk about it and move on" Said Shawn's mum who could tell Shawn was put in a awkward position and Shawn was feeling awkward. He didn't want to be eating with the pretty women who he 

1.) didn't even know was pretty because he had never seen her and 2.) is dating the man that he wants.

He would much prefer to be eating with Nick but of course, his father couldn't know this. Shawn only had one person he was scared to come out to and that was his father. His mum and sister knew but not his father. Even Nick knew before his father could find out. Shawn just felt that his dad would disown him or not accept the fact that he is gay. This was something Shawn could not live with.

"I'm gonna go to my room now, thank you mum for dinner" he said hoping out from his seat and putting his plate on the bench. He turned the corner of the room and Shawn's mum caught up to him and stopped him from going any further.

"Do you have a crush on Mr. Jonas?" she asked and Shawn frowned.

"I don't know who that is" He replied generally confused.

"That's our new next door neighbour" She said and Shawn pulled a O face.

"Oh yeah, his first name is Nick" Shawn replied trying not to smile.

"And how did you find that out?" She asked and Shawn started to blush but the room they were in was lit quite dimly so his mum couldn't tell.

"Oh... I was playing guitar this morning and he came out and introduced himself" Shawn replied and his mother smirked.

"Oh Shawn... I know when you like a boy" She said about to giggle and Shawn started turning red.

"Mum I don't like him, I barely know him" Shawn said 

"So why is Aaliyah talking about it as if you do" She said and Shawn blushed.

"She teased me early on like any little sister would. I only met him less then 10 hours ago. I'm honestly fine" Shawn said and his mother smiled.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" She said and shawn smiled.

"Of course" pulling her into a hug. he then ran up stairs into his room. He took of his clothes until he just had his Calvin Klein briefs on. It was still quite early but Shawn didn't think he would be doing anything else tonight so he just got ready for bed. He got his blankets and hoped in them. When he picked up his phone he read a notification that made his eyes go big

Instagram: nickjonas has followed you

Shawn quickly clicked on it and went to instagram. It immediatly took him to Nicks page and boy was Shawn happy. Half of the photos were just of Nick in the gym or a casual selfie here and there. He would bump into the casual "Chilling with my girlfriend" posts but Shawn didn't expect anything less. He knew Nick was most likely happily taken but Shawn could still admire Nick from afar

Right?

Shawn clicked follow and smiled. He then got some notifications that Nick had spammed him with likes. He returned the favor thinking nothing of it until Nick sent Shawn a message.

nickjonas: how come you spammed me with likes? :)

Shawn frowned confused as that was exactly what he just did.

shawnmendes: I was just returning the favor lol

nickjonas: Oh well thanks ahhaha. I like your feed :)

Shawn started to blush. He felt his stomach starting to turn as his low key crush was messaging him.

shawnmendes: Aha thanks. It takes me a little time to figure out what to post :)

nickjonas: So... You went to prom?

shawnmendes: Uhm yeah.

nickjonas: 

nickjonas: You looked good man, who was the lucky guy?

Shawn's heart was literally beating so hard right now. Why was Nick asking so much questions and why did he want to know who he went to prom with?

shawnmendes: Nah I just went to prom with one of my friends Camila. It was funny because a lot of guys wanted to go with her but she choose the gay guy XD

nickjonas: Nah i'm sure a lot of girls wanted to go with you as well and you never know, maybe guys too. I't wouldn't surprise me.

Shawn was starting to get confused, what was Nick trying to say.

shawnmendes: what do you mean?

nickjonas: Your a good looking guy. I know from personal experience that I have attracted guys without even asking for the attention. I'm sure you do and luckily for you your into that  so yeah ;)

Shawn felt complimented. The guy he had been crushing on is saying that he is a good looking guy.

shawnmendes: Thanks. I would say it back but I'm gay so it might come of in the wrong way ya know?

nickjonas: Nah i'm okay man. It doesn't matter if your a man, women, gay or straight. I'll take any compliment I can get.

Shawn was typing but then he got a message from Nick

nickjonas: Hey man, it was nice talking to you but I gotta go now. What's your number and i'll text you more often.

Shawn blushed and exchanged his number with Nicks and then said there good byes. Shawn laid in his bed feeling really happy. He had butterflies in his stomach and was smiling

"I am not into this guy" He said smiling as if he were trying to prove something to himself.

-

Hey guys. Next chapter. Can you guys tell me if the chapters are to long or short. I won't be offended I just don't know if I am cramping to much into one paragraph or to little into one so comment below

Make sure to comment thoughts, vote and follow and as always, thank you for reading <3