Chapter 16

Shawn was walking up the driveway just after Hailey had pulled in.

"Aww you poor thing" Hailey said as she pulled Shawn into a hug. She smelt of cotton candy perfume. Very sweet. It was nice but because of who she was, Shawn felt sick.

"Thanks" he said softly irritated at her.

"Okay come with me" she said guiding Shawn to her house thinking he had never been there before.

"Baby I'm home" she said as soon as she entered and Shawn followed, Nick turned the corner and his eyes widened as he laid eyes on Shawn.

"Oh you know Shawn from next door?" She said introducing the two men. Shawn shook Nicks hand tightly as he was still very angry at Nick.

"Ugh yeah of course" he said half dazed at Hailey's question.

"Well he is having girl problems and I saw him crying so I invited him over. Poor thing, who would hurt such a angel" she said walking past  Shawn and Nick, placing her bag on a bench. Nick just stared at me and Shawn smirked.

"What is this?" Nick whispered.

"I'm having girl problems, didn't you hear?" Shawn replied smirking and walked right past Nick and into the kitchen where Hailey went. Nick followed.

"So what exactly happened?" Hailey said flicking on the jug to make coffees.

"Basically I had liked this girl for a little while and then we finally 'did it' and she snubbed me, making me leave" Shawn said and Hailey felt so sorry for the poor boy.

"What a bitch" she replied.

"Do you know if she had any problems in her life or issues?" Nick asked sitting down waiting for a answer he wanted to hear.

"Well we all have them I assume but when you promise you love someone, you normally put them first right?" Shawn replied and Hailey nodded.

"Exactly. You don't tell someone you love them and then just snub them" she said pouring herself a tea.

"Well sometimes serious issues put them in awful places." Nick said sitting down a bit pale from the whole situation.

"No excuse. You talk with your partner, you ask for help and you work it through together." Hailey said.

"Now I'm just gonna go use the rest room. Nick try be nice on Shawn." She said stepping out the room.

"What the fuck man" Nick said and it caught Shawn of guard.

"I know your hurt but this is fucked, she doesn't even know who you're talking about and you have her wrapped around your finger. She doesn't even know the full story."

"Well maybe you should tell her, yeah I might be a douche for this but your the one who was persistent and wanting a easy fuck while your girlfriend was away." Shawn said starting to tear up.

"It wasn't like that Shawn and you know that. Why can't you just understand that this is hard for me".

"Because... I want you and you want her more. Fuck you" Shawn said and Nick was clenching onto the bench.

"Shawn this is probably the first time you have pissed me off." Nick said trying to keep calm.

"You're acting like your the only one who's allowed to be hurt and I'm suppose to just understand."

"She's a good person Shawn and you're fucking her over."

"And you aren't? Your no fucking angel" Shawn spat out.

"Well at least I ain't no slut. You begged for me" Nick replied and Shawn choked.

"No I-I'm sorry" Nick said putting his head down in his hands.