Chapter Eight

~~~~Emilia's POV~~~~

After the kiss, Emilia couldn't stop thinking about it while laying in her bed. This isn't the first time that she had feelings for a girl, or what she thought were feelings. But, she knew she couldn't let herself fall for someone again. Plus, Emilia would only end up hurting her, everyone around her always gets hurt. She didn't want to damage what they have already made.

'I have to get my mind off of her. Show her that this isn't going to happen.' Emilia then called up Rose, and old partner of hers.

"Baby.." Rose purred into the phone, "I've missed you. Why haven't you been answering my texts? Got another lover?"

Emilia rolled her eyes, annoyed already. "You know, the business makes me busy twenty-four-seven. How about you come to the penthouse tonight? Bring some friends."

"Of course..be ready for me tonight. I've been waiting for you and I want to go all night long." Rose says in an unsuccessful sexy voice.

Emilia then hangs up and gets up to get ready, grabbing her showering supplies and calling one of the men downstairs to inform them.

~~~~Sophia's POV~~~~

Sophia paces around in the room, back and forth. 'I shouldn't have kissed her. Now I feel all these things. It was just a spur of the moment.' Ever since the kiss, Sophia had forgotten about Rodrigo and about what almost happened to her, the only thing on her mind was the kiss the two shared. She was stuck on how to feel about it. Should she try to convince Emilia that she wasn't ready for a real relationship even if she was?

Exhausted with the thoughts running around in her head, Sophia thought it would be best to take a relaxing bath. Only problem? No clothes. Walking around the room, Sophia opened a door that revealed a huge walk in closet. It was full of dresses, pants, shirts, shoes and any other apparel you could imagine.

"Oh wow.." Sophia walks in awestruck of the brightness of the room, reminding her of a little something like Heaven.

Spotting a pretty mini dress, Sophia snatches it off of the hanger and presses it against her body in front of the mirror located in the closet.

"I see you found the treasure chest of this room?" Sophia whips around, shocked at the beauty of the woman standing behind her. "My name is Gloriana. I didn't mean to shock you." Gloriana laughs and walks in slowly. Sophia swore there was a bright light surrounding Gloriana's body.

"O-oh yes. I was just about to shower and I found this closet. Do you mind?" Sophia begins to put the dress back but Gloriana stops her, placing her hand on Sophia's.

"I don't mind, sweetheart." Another voice said. Sophia looks away from Gloriana to Emilia, her eyes widening like she has just been caught cheating. Sophia steps back from Gloriana and clears her throat, giving Emilia a tight smile.

"Gloriana, how about we talk out here and give her some privacy to shower?" Emilia gives Sophia a hard stare, and then looks toward Gloriana with an obvious fake smile.

"Of course, Em." Gloriana then looks back at Sophia, grabbing her hand and kissing it, then giving her a small smirk," Have a nice shower, sweetheart."

Sophia takes in a sharp breath as Gloriana's lips meet her hand, surprised at her confidence. "Th-thank you, Gloriana. Have a nice talk." She then looks at Emilia, who seems to be fuming inside.

When they walk out and Emilia closes the door, Sophia releases the breath she was holding and finishes picking out an outfit.

'Was that jealousy in Emilia's eyes? Or something else?'

~~~~Emilia's POV~~~~

Leaving her bedroom, Emilia hears voices sounding like Gloriana and Sophia. 'When did she get here?'

Walking to Sophia's bedroom, Emilia leans against the door frame, watching Gloriana speak to Sophia. Suddenly, an overwhelming feeling blossoms in her chest. 'She's mine.'

"....you mind?" Emilia quickly answers the question, irritated with Gloriana's presence.

"I don't mind, sweetheart." Emilia takes pleasure in Sophia's shocked eyes, looking at her like she's in some deep shit.

After making Gloriana leave the room, Emilia decided she would have a talk with Sophia later.

"What are you doing walking around my house?" Emilia spat out angrily.

"Oh, me? Su casa es mi casa. Or do you not remember the arrangement your father made with mine? I'd lose the attitude if I were you." Gloriana smiles cockily at Emilia, then starts to walk by her.

"Just stay away from Sophia. Got it?" Emilia stares Gloriana in the eyes, daring her to a challenge.

"Fine, fine. I can't guarentee she'll stay away from me though." Walking away from Emilia, Gloriana smiles to herself. 'Something interesting about that girl.'