Chapter Fifteen

~~~~Sophia's POV~~~~

Sophia wakes up to the bright sun shining in her face, and the absence of Emilia that didn't last long as she walks in, fully awake and dressed for the day.

"Buenos dias, mi amor.." As Sophia turns her head so the sun wouldn't blind her, she realizes Emilia is carrying a tray full of pancakes.

"Uh, hi....? What are those for?" Emilia walks around to Sophia's side of the bed and waits for Sophia to sit up to set it on her lap.

"To eat. Duh." Sophia gives her a dead look and rolls her eyes. Emilia laughs," Well this is your breakfast, of course, and I think I want to take you on a date tonight. If you accept."

Sophia chokes on a piece of her pancake and coughs loudly while Emilia slaps her back harshly.

"Ow! Stop! I'm fine!" Sophia pushes Emilia's hands away and clears her throat, drinking down the fresh cup of milk that was waiting at her disposal.

"What just happened?" Emilia furrows her eyebrows and sits on the edge of the bed, staring intently at Sophia in concern.

"A date? Tonight? I never took you for the type....hmmmm...what do you want?" Sophia narrows her eyes at Emilia suspiciously.

"Me? Oh nothing...maybe just a small kiss in return?" Emilia leans in, as Sophia's breath catches in her throat. Yes, she had done this many times before, but it was always something new every time.

Sophia's eyes close in anticipation, waiting for the softness of Emilia's lips.

It never comes.

Sophia opens her eyes to see Emilia trying to hold in a laugh, her hand covering her mouth, but the smile in her eyes prevented Sophia from getting mad at her for tricking her.

"Ugh, so rude." Sophia finishes up her pancakes and goes to shower. Getting ready for the day.

~~~~Emilia's POV~~~~

Dating is way out of her league. She didn't take people on dates, they tried their best to take her. But, Sophia is different and she needs to be shown that.

While waiting for Sophia to get ready for the day, Emilia walks downstairs to find Lupia, one of the agents and one of her closest friends.

"Lupia, I'm going to need you with us tonight. I'm planning on taking Sophia out on a date in a crowded area and you're one of the best."

Lupia chuckles, her bright white teeth creating a contrast against the beautiful darkness of her skin.

"Of course, darling. I'll be there." Lupia then walks away, her steps slow and calculated.

Emilia sighs and walks to her dressing room, figuring out what to wear for tonight. "This is going to be a long day."

~~8:00PM~~

Sophia stares at herself in the mirror, barely recognizing the warmth in her cheeks and the brightness in her eyes. This is something new, and different. It's as if she could forget about her past. As if she could finally move on.

She sits on the bed and slides on her strappy black block heels, lacing up the back. Pushing her curly bangs out of her face as someone knocks on the door gently.

"Miss Rodriguez? Are you ready?"

Sophia stands and walks to the door, opening it. "Ready as I'll ever be."

Sophia slowly descends down the long spiraling steps slowly, being very careful not to trip on her long, elegant dress.

"Wow.." A delicate voice breathes, "You look beautiful.." Sophia looks up slowly and her gaze falls upon Emilia. Who looks beautiful in her dark red cherry colored dress that hugged her body tightly, only flowing a few inches below her knees. The color when Sophia first met Emilia. It's been months since then, and it's like time flew by with only Emilia and Sophia in the picture. But Sophia had a feeling her fairytale wouldn't last long.

Sophia reaches the bottom of the stairs and giggles, walking to Emilia. She leans in and whispers in a soothing, seductive voice, "You don't look too bad yourself, baby." Sophia watches as goosebumps raise on Emilia's soft, creamy skin. She pulls away, smirking at Emilia. "Shall we?"

Emilia clears her throat and nods at Luca and Lupia as she takes Sophia's hand. "We shall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~