Chapter Twenty-Five

~~Emilia's POV~~
I pull up my pants after removing the strap-on before grabbing Sophia, carrying her bridal style up to the room.

Not one part of me felt guilty about what I just did, as it released some of my anger. The tiny part of me that is disappointed will be something I'd need to drown with liquor.

She had almost passed out after she came undone, almost making me release with every sound she made. I glance down at her, the woman I've come to love with every fiber of my being.

I was lost before her, and somehow she helped find some part of me I thought was missing. I grip her tighter to me, as if she would disappear.

Her calm and steady breaths bring me back to life, like I was never living it.

I'd never let her get hurt again.
~~Sophia's POV~~
I groan in irritation as the sunlight hits my closed eyelids, turning over on my side.

My body felt sore, from my hips and down. I lift my head, looking around the room. Trying to recollect last nights events.

I yawn before stretching, noticing that Emilia's side was cold. Meaning she had left way earlier than usual. Frowning, I leave the bed, walking into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and take a quick shower before getting dressed for the day. Putting on some dark blue jeans that made my ass look good, paired with a yellow crop top long sleeved shirt.

It was almost Spring, yet the weather still didn't seem like it wanted to catch up.

I pull on a pair of socks before leaving the room, letting my hair air dry as it hands past my shoulders wet and curly.

Walking down the stairs, I glance around confused. There's no chatter, no men —or women— in black, no cleaners or cooks to be heard. And no Emilia.

The soft patter of my feet could be heard as I continue down into the kitchen, before taking a detour to Emilia's office. I press my ear against it nosily, relieved when I hear hushed voices coming through.

I open the door to see Emilia, Bruce, Eric, Silas, Lupita and Hank all huddled around the table.

Everyone glances up at me, Silas breaking into a grin as Emilia's eyes light up.

I smile a small smile almost immediately, which would've been bigger if it wasn't for the sore feeling resting between my thighs. I wince as I shift feet, a little intimidated with all the attention on me.

"We'll come back to this later. Eric and Hank, you'll be leaving with me in thirty minutes. Bruce-" she stops herself, glancing at me, "-you know what you need to do. Silas and Lupita, you're staying here with Sophia."

They all nod before the room clears, leaving Emilia and I alone.

"Leaving? To where?" I question as Emilia closes the distance between us, wrapping her arms around my waist and looking down at me.

"Well, my love, I have some unfinished business that I need to complete." She lifts up a hand and brushes a piece of hair that fell in front of my eyes back behind my ear.

I narrow my eyes at her suspiciously, "Don't tell me it's-" she cuts me off quickly.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with, darling," she drawls out, the corner of her mouth lifting ever so slightly.

"Are you ever going to share anything with me?" I fit my arms between the space of our bodies before crossing them in front of me.

Her small smile disappears completely, and she backs away from me. Stopping a few steps away and sticking her hand in her front pockets.