Chapter Twenty-Two

~~Sophia's POV~~

Sophia's eyes widen as she registers the anger in Emilia's voice. She turns around slowly and smiles at her.

Emilia looks away from Gloriana, the burning hate in her eyes disappearing as she looks at Sophia, although the anger stayed.

"Get up."

Sophia raises her eyebrow at Emilia, not liking her tone. Silas glances at Sophia, warning in his eyes. She looks away from him and rolls her eyes, getting up and walking over to her outstretched arm.

Emilia wraps her arm around Sophia's waist tightly. "Gloriana, meet me in my office in five. Say what you have to, then you're leaving."

Emilia walks away, bringing Sophia along as they go up the stairs. Meanwhile Jace and Halle take Gloriana into the meeting room.

Emilia lets go of Sophia, walking into the room. Sophia walks in after her, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Look, I can ex-" Emilia holds her hand up.

"I know what happened." Sophia looks at her confused, crossing her arms.

"Then why are you upset right now?" Emilia chuckles, sliding off her jacket and hanging it up in the closet. She then turns around, walking towards Sophia. She leans down, putting her hands on either side of Sophia's hips.

"I remember before I left, clearly stating that if she comes, she's not allowed in. She's somehow connected to your shooting. Anything could've happened. I was told everything that happened as soon as Gloriana pulled up to the gates." Emilia stands back up, being stopped by Sophia.

She stands up and pulls Emilia to her, wrapping her arms around her and laying her head on her chest, closing her eyes. "Don't be upset, okay? I know I shouldn't have went against your wishes."

Emilia pulls away slightly, some of the anger that Sophia saw in her eyes dying out. She places her hands on Sophia's hips, holding them tightly as she leans down and presses her lips against hers, rough and full of passion. She pulls her flush against her body, their tongues fighting for dominance.

She pulls away, pressing her head against Sophia's, "I just can't lose you. Whenever I say something, its to keep you safe." She kisses Sophia's forehead. "I'll be back in a few." Emilia begins to walk away but Sophia grabs her wrist.

"Let me go with you."

"No."

Sophia shrugs and walks by her. "I don't see how you'd stop me."

Emilia pinches the bridge of her nose but follows her out, "Fine. Let's go."

~~Emilia's POV~~

They walk to the office together, Emilia walking in first and Sophia trailing behind her. Emilia sits down in her chair, pulling Sophia into her lap. Knowing her touch would keep her calm. She places her hand on Sophia's thigh, rubbing it with her thumb.

"Explain."

Gloriana looks at them with what Emilia could only describe as jealousy and Emilia knew what Gloriana wanted. But she'd never get it.

"It's about Paul Ramirez," Emilia clenches her jaw, then motions for her to continue.

"I've been getting calls that he left his residence, and it was around the time I heard that there was an attack here. He's trying to gain more supporters and help. You have to secure your spot and quickly. He's trying to run everything. We can't have that happen. I don't like you, and I know you hate me. But you don't hate this. This is just a warning."