Chapter Eleven

~~~~Sophia's POV~~~~

Sitting in Emilia's office, Sophia couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Followed? What the hell do you mean followed? And how in the world would you know something like this??" Sophia began to become impatient. This curtain of darkness is finally catching up to her, ready to engulf her in any second.

Emilia stands up and sits half way on the desk, showing Sophia pictures. "Do you know this man? Paul Rodriguez. Mid-fifties?"

Sophia stares at the picture blankly, not showing much emotion and looks up at Emilia. "No."

Emilia raises her eyebrows and does a short, sarcastic laugh. "Oh? It's funny. Same last name, and oh look at that...that resemblance is crazy. Almost like you guys are related."

Sophia looks in Emilia's eyes, never once breaking contact. "Is this what you needed me for? An investigation? I'd like to return to grab my shit from the apartment, and frankly, I don't have time for this."

Emilia sighs and walks around the desk slowly, slamming the folder that had the picture in it on the desk, making Sophia jump slightly.

"I understand that you don't know me, and you don't understand what goes on around here, but the one thing you don't do, is lie to me. I know he's your father, and you know that he has been following you for years now. I am only trying to-"

Sophia feels a burst of anger, tired of this mess. " To what?! To help me?! I don't need help, and I certainly do not need you. Now, I am going to pack my things and you're going to take me back to my apartment so I can get my money and move far away from here!!" Sophia didn't notice that she had taken a few steps closer to Emilia, and that she was making it hard for Emilia to control herself.

Emilia steps closer, both chest to chest, and it finally registers to Sophia how much she missed Emilia's touch.

"I want to help you. And I want you to lower your voice. Can you do that? Or do I have to make you?"

Sophia glances down at Emilia's lips, breathing hard, but not out of anger. Her voice then comes out low, and thick with lust.

"I think you might have to make me." Sophia bites her bottom lip, her eyes flicking up to meet Emilia's.

Emilia brings her hands up, placing them on Sophia's hips, pushing her against the desk roughly. Sophia gasps, aroused by the small twinge of pain she felt.

Sophia watches as Emilia leans in close, feeling her breath spreading across her lips. Sophia licks them in anticipation, and closes her eyes as Emilia's lips finally presses against hers. Sophia wraps her arms around Emilia's neck, pulling her closer, and deepening the kiss. Clashing her tongue against Emilia's, Sophia sucks on her bottom lip, biting it. Emilia moans in response, pushing Sophia down on the desk and leaning in between her legs.

Grabbing her thighs, Emilia pulls Sophia's legs up against her waist, bringing her closer to her. Sophia moans as Emilia slides her hand into her shirt and under her bra, rubbing her nipple with her thumb in a circular motion.

Their small moment of bliss was interrupted when someone knocked on the door, asking to come in.

Shocked, Sophia sits up quickly, her head slamming into Emilia's. Emilia groans in pain and steps back, holding her head as the door opens, revealing Gloriana who looks back and forth between the two. Sophia clutching her head, her shirt unbuttoned, lips red and sore, hair unkempt. Emilia, also clutching her head, her shirt wrinkled and her hair falling out of the nice bun she had it in.

Gloriana looks down, figuring out that they had been kissing, and then sets the folder she had in her hand on the table roughly, twisting and walking out.

Sophia felt bad, she had shared a moment with Gloriana. Although she was drunk and what she felt wasn't real, she couldn't help but feel ashamed for her actions.

Sophia then turns her head to Emilia, wanting to feel her lips once again but knowing that this probably meant nothing to someone like Emilia. Someone who had sex casually, invited their plenty of sex buddies over occasionally, and had plenty of women and men that wanted her. She was no different, and Emilia would only see her as a potential fuck.

"I'm gonna go check on her. She seemed upset. I'll see you around." Sophia hops off the desk and turns around, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

Emilia scrunches her eyebrows and grabs Sophia's hand, confused. "Wait, we have to talk about what just happened."

Sophia closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, turning around and looking at Emilia, not wanting to hear her say the words.

"You don't have to say it. It won't happen again, and it was a mistake. This meant nothing, okay?"

Sophia smiles, a smile full of pain, and pulls her arm away gently, turning around and walking out. Emilia opens her mouth to call her back, but no words seem to escape.

~~~~Emilia's POV~~~~

Sophia was different than the others. She wanted everything to be different with her. She wanted her forever, not just for a few nights. She wanted to feel her hands caress her face, as she's sleeping, not an empty bed once she wakes. But Sophia doesn't want that. Sophia doesn't want her, and why would she? Sophia has seen the way she's been with other women, fucking around, leaving and breaking hearts. Maybe she's just protecting herself. But she doesn't have to. She has to find Sophia, again.

Emilia walks out of her office, walking up the stairs into Sophia's room, breathing out in relief that she was there, sitting on her bed.

Emilia says her name breathily, making Sophia turn around. She notices the gravity defying tears that have welled up in her eyes and she walks closer, putting her hands on Sophia's face, making her stand up.

They stand there for a brief moment, staring into each others eyes, feeling an unspoken want for one another, an unspoken emotion.

Emilia begins, "That kiss, wasn't just a kiss. From the moment I saw you, in that elevator, I knew something was special about you. I felt this connection instantly as you stared at me in awe, and as your cheeks turned red when you turned away from me. There is something about those beautiful brown eyes, so friendly, but full of so much pain and darkness from your past. It pulled me in like a month to a flame. Your eyes shared with me an untold story of yours, and from that moment on, I knew I was fucked. Nothing felt the same anymore with anyone. That kiss, was something so much more. And it's not something I regret. If you'll have me-"

Sophia stops her by crushing her lips against Emilia's, filled with so much emotion she couldn't even speak. Emilia's eyes get wide and then she closes them, happy to feel Sophia's lips and embrace once again. Pulling her close, Emilia felt like she belonged with her. Finally, she had found her place.