Chapter Twenty-Three

Stopping at the mall, Sophia gets out and runs inside quickly, the warm atmosphere engulfing her, making her shiver in delight.

Sophia pats her coat jacket, making sure her wallet is in her pocket. "Yes!" She excitedly walks towards the food stand, ordering a donut.

Walking towards Victoria's Secret, Sophia's stride is cut off as she hears a familiar voice call her name. She whips around, spotting her ex-bestfriend: Rodrigo.

Her breath catches in her throat, having flashbacks to what had happened to her. She turns away quickly, hoping to get lost in the small crowd. Running into the women's bathroom, she's relieved to see that there are a few other women. She smiles at them in passing then walks into one of the stalls, trying to slow down her rapidly beating heart. She takes a deep breath, repeatedly telling herself that everything was going to be okay. Now, she regretted wanting to go out.

Leaving the stall, Sophia glances at herself in the mirror, not liking the sunken look in her eyes. She wanted to get back to Emilia already.

Walking out the bathroom door, Sophia lets out a small squeal as she bumps into someone, and without looking up, she struggles against them.

"Sophia! Sophia stop! Ow!" Sophia glances up, covering her mouth.

"Oh! Oh I'm sorry! I thought you were...I thought you were someone else." Silas grabs his side where he was elbowed at and glares at her.

"First you run, and then you beat me up?!" Sophia shrugs, patting his back. "And who were you going to attack like that?"

Sophia tries to cover up her slip up, not wanting to talk about it anymore. She didn't want to think more about him if she didn't have to. Plus, Emilia would kill him if she ever found out that he came close to her again.

"Just in case, you know? After the shooting I guess I have been defensive lately. Plus you grabbed me like what the hell man. Made me drop my donut. You owe me." Sophia begins to walk towards the food shop. "Let's gooooo Silas."

Silas narrows his eyes, knowing she's hiding something but not pressing her on it.

"Sophia!"

She gasps as a hand latches onto her wrist, pulling her back roughly. She slams into the guys body, looking up. 'Where the hell is Silas?'

"Sophia I need to talk to you." Rodrigo pants, looking an absolute mess. Although he had on a nice suit, which was confusing, he had a beard, his hair was longer and messy looking, under his eyes were huge bags of guilt. His blue eyes that once glowed were no longer lit up.

"Let. Go. Of. Me." Sophia hisses out, so much hate in her tone that made Rodrigo flinch.

She goes to pull away again, but Rodrigo wouldn't let go. "Please Soph I need-"

"She said, let go." Sophia recognizes the fear in Rodrigo's eyes as he flips around, using Sophia as a shield.

"Let me go, or she's coming with me." He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a switch blade, pressing it against Sophia's throat. By now, the mall has been cleared out. Barely anyone walking around and for some reason, the ones who were didn't even look this way.

Emilia doesn't glance in Sophia's direction, and doesn't look into her eyes. She needed to focus on Rodrigo. "Let her go. Or I swear, I will find you and I will kill you."

Sophia glances around at all the men and women around Emilia. Silas looking serious, and very deadly. As if he'd pull apart Rodrigo limb from limb in any moment he could. Lupia stands near Emilia, her glasses covering her eyes but Sophia knew she'd do the same. Breathing in deeply, Sophia once again tries to remember what she learned, her brain cloudy from feeling Rodrigo pressed against her back. Memories returning again. She tries to relax, closing her eyes.

Emilia just wanted Sophia back in her arms again, to be safe. She couldn't believe this was happening again. Like this air of bad luck surrounded Sophia. Something was always happening to her. She needed to be more careful.

"You ruined my life! My business! Over this bitch," Rodrigo chuckles darkly, "You are all going to die soon. He's coming and you all will be finished. And Sophia will be mine."

Emilia feels anger rush through her, she takes a small step forward.

Rodrigo presses the knife into Sophia's skin, she whimpers in pain and shivers in disgust as Rodrigo leans down and kisses her ear, whispering "It'll all be okay soon. You'll be with me."

Emilia pulls out her gun, seeing an opening from Rodrigo's shoulder. Sophia notices what Emilia is doing and attempts to distract Rodrigo.

"I-I'll go with you. Just let go of me and I'll walk with you. Away from here. Remember how we used to be?" She feels Rodrigo loosen his grip a little, his tensed state becoming more relaxed.

"A-and how we always spoke about marriage? When we were younger we did a fake marriage between us. Don't you want that to happen one day?" Sophia takes in a deep breath as the old memories bring her to a dark place, instead of what they used to do for her. Make her happy.

Rodrigo pulls the knife away slowly, feeding into every thing Sophia said.

Sophia takes advantage of the situation, pulling away quickly and twisting the knife fully out of Rodrigo's hand, kicking him in the groin. He groans in pain as the knife drops to the ground, he reaches for it.

Silas takes action as he pulls Sophia away and out of fire as Emilia shoots Rodrigo in the leg.

"You know where to take him. Do it quickly." Emilia puts the gun in her belt and walks towards Sophia, grabbing her arm and pulling her close. Hugging her tightly. She presses the back of her hand on Sophia's head, closing her eyes. She takes a deep breath, breathing in the scent of lavender and lemon shampoo.

She begins to pull away but Sophia tightens her grip, her face in her chest, "I'm sorry." She mumbles out.

"Come on. Let's go home. Gotta take care of that cut." Emilia removes Sophia's hands and wraps an arm around her waist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole ride back to the mansion was hell for Sophia. Emilia wouldn't say a word to her. It was deathly silent.

Emilia parks the car into the garage, turning it off and getting out. Leaving Sophia in the car.

Sophia gets out and jogs to catch up to Emilia. "You know you don't have to pretend as if I'm not here."

Emilia still refuses to acknowledge her, knowing she'd follow her upstairs into the room.

Emilia walks into the bathroom, grabbing the first aid-kit. She motions for Sophia to come into the bathroom. Sophia rolls her eyes and blows out a breath, walking into the bathroom and standing in front of her. Emilia backs Sophia up against the stink, then lifts her, sitting her on top of it.

She stands in between her thigs, dabbing a little alcohol on the cotton swab, then grabs Sophia's chin, tilting her head the other way. She presses it against the cut on Sophia's neck, making her hiss and flinch away.

She pulls away, putting a bandage on it.

"Thank you." Sophia watches as Emilia puts the supplies away, not responding to her.

She grabs Emilia's arm and pulls her in between her legs again, wrapping her arms around her neck. Emilia lets out a breath, closing her eyes and setting her hands on either sides of Sophia's legs, putting her head down.

"I love you." Emilia glances up at her, her light colored eyes sparking. She stands up straight, her eyes full of shock.

"What did you just say?"

Sophia feels relieved, letting out a small sigh and hopping down from the counter, "I said...I love you."