Chapter Thirty-One

~~Emilia's POV~~
I grip the hair on my head in frustration. It had been exactly three days, 30 minutes and 45 seconds since Sophia has been kidnapped.

After I had woken up from the floor, Jesse, Bruce, Hank, Eric and Lupia had just arrived. Too little too fucking late.

Why in the fuck did this keep happening to me? Every time I pulled her close, she ended up ten times further than before. I couldn't fucking lose her. I wouldn't. I'd die before she'd ever pass away because of me. She had so much to live for. She wanted to open a business for her art, and she had already gotten calls for them to be featured in the art gallery.

I shut my eyes tightly, remembering how bright her smile was when she told me. I had just been coming home from getting lunch as she ran to me. Phone in a tight grip in her hand, a beautiful smile on her face and her eyes twinkling in excitement.

My heart drops, pain spreading to my chest as I think of never seeing that smile again. I couldn't do this without her. I couldn't wake up without feeling her warmth next to me. I couldn't walk into a room without smelling her scent. I couldn't live without her.

When I first saw her in the elevator, I knew she had me. Instantly. Her brown eyes, her nervous smile and reddened cheeks. God, she was so beautiful. I wanted her then. It was like my life flashed before me. I could see me with her, forever.

I never believed in soulmates, I always thought the idea was stupid. Because we're only human, and humans made mistakes. Humans cheated and hurt those that they loved. The thought of loving someone so much to never hurt them, to want to always please them and treat them as if they were on top of the world seemed fake. Until I saw her. Until I got to know her, and until I realized that every love was different.

She was different. She was special. And fuck, she was all mine. To hold on to and to never let go of.

I take a deep breath, letting go of the strands on top of my head before standing up. I pick up the cup full of liquor, shoving a hand into my pocket as I walk towards the window, staring into the darkness of the sky.

Downing my drink, I close my eyes as the burn of the liquor travels down my throat. It warms my belly and I immediately go to pour more.

A knock sounds at the door. "Come in." I rasp out, throwing back the amber liquid.

Silas walks in, looking defeated, "We've found nothing on her, boss. It's like they disappeared into thin air."

I swallowed, expecting that to be an answer but silly hoping that it wouldn't be. "Keep looking."

He nods and goes to leave, but stops himself and turns to look at me, "We'll find the three men that you saw do this to her."

I nod, stopping as his words register in my head. I never told him that I saw three men, hell, I didn't even see more than one. I think back, noting how late Silas arrived to the house meeting after Sophia was kidnapped. Putting it off by saying he had a "late night."

I smile at him, containing my anger as I grip the glass in my hand.

"Thank you, Silas. You've been a lot of help."

He blows out a breath, nodding and walking out. Shutting the door lightly behind him.

I immediately take out my phone, calling Hank.

"Assign Drake and Eric on Silas' person. At all times. He's been suspicious. Report to my office after you're done." I don't wait for him to respond before hanging up, and walking upstairs. I put on dark pants and a heavy jacket. Pairing it with black boots, then walking back downstairs. I pass by my office, continuing down the hallway. As I near Sophia's art room, I press my hand against the wall. Watching as a scanner pops through the wall.

The wall gives way, opening and sliding to the side. I walk in, tracing my fingers along the guns on the rack in the wall. They're illuminated by a blue hue, shining upon the guns metallic exterior.

I smirk, my fingers landing on a Scorpion EVO 3 semi-automatic gun. The first one my father ever introduced to me when I stumbled into his weapon room.

I grab it, walking out of the room and back into my office. I place it on the table, making sure the safety was on before sitting in the chair at the head of my desk. I place my feet up on the desk, hands together as I await Hanks presence.

I finished sifting through documents on Silas as Hank walks in, nodding his head at me and pulling out a chair, sitting down.

"You think Silas is in on this?"

I nod, feeling confident in myself. "Any updates? Did they find anything on him?"

Hank hesitates, "Yes. He's stupid to not cover his tracks. Eric followed him, and he's currently waiting for him outside. Silas reportedly walked into a warehouse. The location is very remote. And nothing your organization knows of." He clears his throat, pulling out a map that had red circles. Hit spots.

"There were three stops, here," he points to a red circle, the area in it close to the safe house.  "Here..and here." He taps the second circle once again, "This is where Silas had stopped thirty minutes ago."

"After he leaves, I want Eric to engage. We don't know what he has in there, so bring along Bruce, Jake and Lupia. And find out where the hell Jesse is." I stand up, stretching out my body and cracking my neck.

Silas was going to have it.

~~Silas POV~~
I chuckle darkly, putting the barrel of the gun against his head.

"Any last words, young sir?" I mock, clenching my hands tighter around the handle.

He spits out blood, then grins at me, his teeth stained with the dark liquid.

"Nope. Only that I fucked your girl in high school. Oh, and your sister." My smirk drops and I growl in frustration, smacking the gun upside his head.

His head drops and he groans in pain. I crouch, grabbing him by his hair. "Would you like to say that again, bitch?"

Steely gray eyes peer into mine, and for a second the coldness in his eyes makes me hold back a shiver.

"Fuck you, Silas." He growls out.

I tsk, walking around him and running the tip of the gun against his hair, watching how the metallic glint matches perfectly with red.

"You know, red is a nice color on you Jesse. I honestly believe that you should be buried in a pool full of blood. But, we can't have that happen as quickly as you want it to. You failed us, you fucking traitor. You have to be punished." I pout at him, feigning pity.

His eyes widen as he catches on. I watch as he struggles to yank out of the ropes binding his wrists.

"Bring her in."