Chapter Thirty

~~Sophia's POV~~

    I'm jolted awake, my eyes adjusting to the light in the room as the blindfold was rudely ripped from me.

I flinch back as the man from the house that tried to rape me appeared in front of my face.

"Hello, darling," he drawls out. "We've waited a good ten fucking years for you to wake." He rolls his eyes, turning around and talking to another guy by the door.

Looking around, I notice I'm in a basement..or maybe a prison. Panic rises in me as I pull at the rope around my hand, and at the rope wrapped around my feet.

"Where am I?" I cringe back as my voice echoes throughout the room.

They both glance at me once, then turn to talk to one another again. I try to pay attention to what they're saying. Hearing small snippets of words.

"...boss...soon..."

"...yeah we're gonna be loaded." One of the men remark loudly while chuckling.

I clear my throat, hoping to get their attention. I was going to annoy them until I got my goddamn answers.

"Hello? Yes, tied up girl here." I shift, grimacing as the tight rope pulls against my skin, "I was just wondering when the fuck you guys were going to let me go and live my life. I have shit to do." I smile coldly at them, looking between them both.

The unknown guy walks towards me and crouches down so he could be eye level, "Hello, sweetheart. My name is Leonardo and I already know who you are. Anyways, you won't be leaving anytime soon. I came to get my money and if kidnapping some bitch is all I need to do, I'm set." He smirks at me, tilting his head as if he's speaking to a five year old.

"Well shouldn't I get some of that cut? I'm the one suffering here."

He chuckles before standing and looking back at the stupid rapist, "This one is funny. What does the boss want with her?"

The rapist glares at me, walking over to grab a handful of my hair and yank my head back, "Hmm..I'm not sure. But hopefully he'll agree that I can get my hands on her." He reaches down and latches one of his filthy hands onto my breast before squeezing.

"Get the fuck off of me you bastard!" I spat out, trying to move away from his grimy touch.

His face contorts with anger and he reaches his hand up in a fist, slamming it down onto my cheek.

I feel my head snap to the left, the metallic taste blossoming on my tongue being an indicator of blood.

I spit at the ground , looking up at him and smiling darkly, "Does it make you feel more like a man when you hit me?"

"If you don't shut the fuck up, you slut, I'll do more than hit you." He whispers menacingly as he nears my face, his nose almost touching mine.

I jerk back, "Woo, and you need a breath mint. You're all fucked up, aren't you big boy?" I scrunch up my nose.

I gasp as he wraps his hands around my throat, tightening with every gasp of air I made.

"I hate women like you. You bitches are the reason you deserve to be raped." He hisses out, his finger nails digging into the skin wrapped around my throat. Black dots appear in my vision as he squeezes.

"Ricardo. Let go. The boss said she doesn't get too hurt. You're gonna end up giving her brain damage."  He doesn't listen, his grip on me unrelenting.

The other man shrugs, "Thats your money and your life lost. Not mine." He then pulls out a cigarette, lighting it and taking a long hit before coughing immediately.

The man, Ricardo the Rapist, let's go of my throat. I take in a deep breath, the black dots turning gray.

"You're fucking lucky I need my cut. Otherwise I would've killed you and then raped the fuck out of your dead body." He days roughly, spit flying from his mouth. I hold back the urge to roll my eyes. If I wasn't tied down, I'd kick his fucking ass for saying half the shit he did to me. I knew I wasn't the only woman they did this to, and that alone filled me with rage. If I got out of here, I'd make sure he'd suffer a long death.

"Yes, sir." Leonardo walks closer to us, looking at Ricardo the Rapist.

"He's on his way. He wants the room to be completely empty." Ricardo nods hesitantly, glancing back at me with hateful eyes.

"This isn't over." He spits out, leaving the room with Leonardo following suit.

"Good luck." Leonardo smirks at me before shutting the door. Leaving me in darkness.

The way he said that as if I was signing up for my death made anxiety fill me. Who's the boss? Why did they want me?

I think back to the shooting at the restaurant, along with the dead bodies that followed. One car got away and I managed to have a glimpse of his face. I thought I saw a ghost. It couldn't have been him, he was dead.

I sigh,  closing my eyes and hoping to see Emilia's warm smile behind them. I smile to myself, imagining her light eyes. Her creamy skin, and her soft kisses. I hope she's okay. I hope that no matter what, she'd be happy if something were to happen to me. She'd accept that it's okay to move on. And I hoped she knew that none of this would be her fault. My eyes water as I think of her, our happy night ruined by cold blooded killers who signed contracts for money. I wanted her. I wanted her arms wrapped around me to keep me warm and safe.

I sniffle, shaking the thoughts away as I tried to think of a plan. I knew she'd come looking for me. I knew she'd never stop fighting for me. So I knew I'd have to fight for her.

They didn't know how flexible I was, apparently. Nor did they know that I took an aerobics class as a teenager. Fucking idiots didn't do their research.

I take a deep breath before lifting my arms from behind me, pulling them over my head. I wince as my bones crack, discomfort spreading across my shoulders, neck and down my back.

I sigh in relief as I get them over my head, pulling the rope up to my mouth and biting at it, trying to pull it loose.

Thirty minutes later, I'm about to pull the rope loose as I hear muffled voices from outside the door before it opens.

I quickly flip my arms back behind my body, squinting my eyes as the lights are flicked on again, irritating me.

"Well, hello love."