Finding Neverland | George Weasley

"To die will be an awfully big adventure."

As many as the Diggory siblings read over the line neither one of them were expecting to experience or witness death at such a young age. But it is the only line that Thea can focus on after her brother was murdered during the Triwizard Tournament. Every night since it happened, Thea finds herself with the book in her lap, her parents haven't spoken since the funeral and it's almost like she doesn't exist anymore. She was never really out there to begin with, not like Cedric but at least he paid attention to her, he reminded her that she was special, even during times that she didn't believe it.

When it comes time to return to school, Thea suddenly finds herself surrounded by people. People that have never spoken to her in the six years that she's attended Hogwarts. All of them, offering their condolences, willing to lend a listening ear if she wished to talk about it, but what was there to talk about? Cedric was dead, and he wasn't coming back. She doesn't want to speak with these strangers, she doesn't want their pity, all Thea wants is to be left alone.

There is one soul that can see how much the girl is hurting without her brother, but he's seen the faces she's given whenever someone approaches. George Weasley understands he can't approach Thea as he normally would with others. But all he wants to do is see her smile again because seeing Thea's distraught face does not settle well with him at all. So, he starts off small, tripping over his own feet around her, in hopes of getting a laugh. However, it doesn't seem to work until the first frost comes and while he isn't trying to fall, he slips on ice dragging his brother down with him and finally, he hears a laugh.

It's not easy for Thea to heal with Umbridge coming to Hogwarts, but George has every plan to help her.

This plot originally belonged to kmbell92 Thank you for letting me write it!    

DISCLAIMER!

This book was written in 2018 and the first few chapters particularly the first four are far from perfect. I'm hesitant to edit these too heavily as I feel like it is a great representation of how much my writing has improved over the last few years! I may edit these chapters soon mainly to fix the obvious POV issues and the grammar but in the meantime please keep in mind that the first few chapters don't represent the writing that is present throughout the rest of the book! Happy reading!