Chapter Forty-Eight

"Are you going to do it, George?" Fred said. The girls had decided not to come into the shop and had found themselves a spot outside giving them a few moments of privacy as they scoured the shop to find any inspiration as well as anything that would help them with their plan for the end of the school year.

"What do you mean, Fred?" George asked confused.

"Are going to tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"Are you going to tell Thea that you like her?"

"What?"

"Well, if I'm not mistaken and by my amazing lip-reading skills, I believe that's what Angelina and Thea are talking about right now." Fred replied tilting his head at weird angles trying to read the girls' lips.

"You do not have amazing lip-reading skills." George scoffed.

"Even if I don't, I still think you should do it, what do you have to lose?"

"A lot actually."

"Like what?"

"An entire friendship."

"Come on, George."

"Come on, Fred."

"Do it!"

"Why don't you?"

"What?"

"Don't you still like that Lindsay girl?"

"No, I don't! But you like someone, so go tell her!" Fred replied trying to shove George in the direction of the door.

Everyone in the shop watched as the two twins went back and forth, no one was really sure what the argument was even about, eventually the argument got louder and louder but seemed to stop suddenly.

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"I'll tell her, Fred. And if it goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

"Go get her, George."

The twins purchased their items before leaving the shop to see Angelina and Thea standing looking slightly concerned.

"We heard a lot of yelling." Thea said.

"Um...yeah that was us." George replied.

"What were you two arguing about?" Angelina asked.

"About what colour of one of the products in there we wanted." Fred replied.

As much as she enjoyed Angelina and Fred's company, Thea was slightly glad to be able to have some alone time with George. After her talk with Angelina, Thea had been forced to really think about things and the fact that she really did like George and it wasn't just a friendship thing.

"Where do you want to go?" George asked Thea nudging her slightly trying to get her attention. "We have a little time before lunch."

"How about Honeydukes before lunch and then after we go for a walk?"

"Sounds good."

The two of them walked to Honeydukes barely talking as they were both trying to craft what they would say in their heads. Honeydukes was as colourful as it always was and they both had fun browsing the aisles, words still twisting around in their heads.

Lunch was a delightful affair, George and Thea met back up with the others and a lot of butterbeer and good food was consumed in a little over an hour. Angelina and Fred during their time before lunch had worked out that they were both trying to get Thea and George together and had formulated a plan to help them.

Once Angelina and Thea headed to the bathroom after lunch to freshen up a bit, Angelina confronted her making sure she would tell George and helping her in any way she could. Fred did the same, the second the girls left, Fred leaned over to ask his brother a few questions.

"Have you told her yet?"

"No. I'm doing it after lunch, we are going for a walk."

"You aren't going to back out are you Georgie?"

"No, Fred. I need to do this."

"That's the spirit."

After waving to goodbye to Angelina and Fred whose grins were just a bit too wide. George and Thea headed off walking through the streets passing other couples.

"Do you have any clue about where you want to walk?"

"I don't really know, maybe just through the street and then pass the Shrieking Shack maybe?" Thea said the butterflies in her stomach adding to her already anxious state.

"Sounds good, Thea." George replied, his heart almost ready to beat out of his chest.

Once they reached the Shrieking Shack, they both seemed to agree to sit down on a rock however the rock wasn't very big which caused Thea to almost to be sitting on George's lap.

George and Thea both sighed before turning to each other as the exact same time.

"We need to talk." They said in exact unison before bursting into laughter.

"You can go first." George said.

"No, you can." Thea replied.

"Ok. Well, um.... I-I l-like you?" George said, rubbing his neck awkwardly turning bright red when the words can out of his mouth.

"Um what?"

George's face fell as he watched Thea become extremely confused and then she burst into laughter.

"Um...what's so funny?"

Thea managed to get a control on herself before responding. "Do you know what I needed to talk to you about George?"

"No? What was it?" George asked confused.

"I like you too."

"Wait, what?" George asked surprise making his voice a bit higher than it was normally. "You do?"

"I do." Thea replied a smile spreading across her face. "Let me guess Fred made you tell me."

"Yep. And Angelina made you tell me."

"That's why they were smiling so wide and they kept giving us weird looks throughout lunch!" Thea shouted in realization and the two of them laughed together not wanting to take their eyes away from one another.

"So, what do we do now?" Thea asked.

"Well, I don't know about you, Thea but there is one thing I want to do."

Thea's breath hitched as George slowly got closer well as close as he could get with the tiny rock, they were both sitting on. Their lips touched and for a few moments the world seemed to melt away, it was just them sitting on a rock together.

George broke away first apologising profusely. "Sorry...I just..."

Thea quickly stopped him from speaking as she pulled him closer by the collar of his jacket, pulling him back into a kiss.