Chapter Eighty-Two

Eventually, Bill and Fleur returned but it wasn't with good news.

Thea's heart had stopped briefly when she had heard the news.

Mad-Eye Moody had lost his life whilst fighting. 

Thea was devasted. Although she and the man hadn't been as close as Tonks and Mad-Eye had been, despite him still being her tutor she had still highly respected the man and all he had taught her throughout her tutoring. 

Mad-Eye Moody had been pursued by Lord Voldemort himself after Mundungus Fletcher had apparated away in fright, apparently, it hadn't taken long for Mad-Eye Moody to be killed.

It didn't take long after the everyone had finally returned that Harry claimed to have a painful vision that involved witnessing Ollivander being tortured. 

Members of the Order of the Phoenix quickly rushed over to help him while Thea slid out of the room, shutting the front door quickly behind her, sitting on the step outside just like she had only an hour earlier, hoping the fresh air would soothe rapid breathing and clammy appearance. 

It was all becoming too much. 

It seemed that every death since her brother's that had happened seemed to rip Thea in pieces once again. She had become an Auror to help prevent deaths but it seemed like double the number of deaths happened under her vision. 

Thea let out a sob into the silent night air, she hadn't felt such sadness and guilt since her brother's death. And with her earlier visit to her parents still weighing heavily on her mind, she couldn't help it. Nothing ever seemed to go right no matter how hard to tried to get it to go in the right direction. 

The door behind her opened once again and Thea slowly turned around, feeling the warm light from the kitchen on her face as she saw who it was. 

Tonks stood there looking down at Thea, an understanding look on her face. Thea at first didn't know what to say at first but Tonks quickly broke the silence. 

"Oh, Thea. It's okay, I promise. I know things can sometimes get too much but trust me, you have been so brave to even get this far."

"I'm so sorry, Tonks." Thea said, noticing the woman's own swollen, red eyes and tear tracks that shone brightly on her cheeks in the moonlight.

"For what?" Tonks asked confused.

"For Mad-Eye Moody's death. It should have been me, I should have gone out there instead, he was a better Auror and Order member then I will ever be-" Thea broke out into loud sobs.

"No, Thea! Don't you ever say that again." Tonks said suddenly angry. "I'm so sorry as well, I haven't checked in to see how you were doing much recently and I haven't even asked how the visit to your parents went?" Tonks continued, her tone softer. 

"How does everyone alright know about that?"

"Elliot told me," Tonks replied.

"Of course he did," Thea said with a slight chuckle, wiping at her eyes with her sleeve.

"But Thea, I've talked to Molly, she says that she has a spare bed upstairs if you want to get some rest before heading back to her apartment."

"That sounds great, Tonks."

When Thea woke up again laying in the spare bed that Molly had made up for her, she lay there for a few moments, her mind having those few moments where she couldn't remember anything that had happened as her eyes slowly adjusted to the light. 

Molly Weasley slowly opened the door of the room that Thea had been staying in, hoping to find her still asleep. She had seen Thea as she had led her up to the room where the spare bed was. The way her voice seemed to almost fail her slightly as she had thanked Molly and the way her short hair still somehow managed to fall over her face as she walked behind Molly. The second Molly had seen Thea all her motherly instincts had kicked in and had taken the time to give the girl an extra hug as well as a little extra care, it was clear that she was struggling. 

Thea's eyes flickered to where the doorknob turned and the door opened revealing Molly Weasley standing there, a tray in her hands. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, Thea. I didn't mean to wake you." Molly quickly apologized.

"You didn't, Molly," Thea said. "I had already woken up a few moments before. What time is it?"

"It's nearly lunchtime, dear. I just thought I should bring you up a few sandwiches before they all disappear into Ron's stomach." Molly said gesturing to the few sandwiches that decorated the plate upon the tray. 

"Well, he does love his food," Thea said with a chuckle. "Thank you, Molly."

"It's no problem, dear. You are almost a member of the family anyway. But I also thought that you would like to know that George is completely fine, we couldn't save his ear but it's not like he isn't going to talk any louder." Molly said a sad smile on her face. 

"Thank you for telling me, Molly."

"I also wanted to officially invite you to Bill and Fleur's wedding. I know you didn't exactly want to go but I won't hold anything against you because I think I know the reason behind it. But both Bill, Fleur and I would love for you to attend despite you being there on Auror business."

"I can't wait, Molly."

"Well, we still have to set everything up, so we have to hope that will all go okay."

"I'm sure it will, Molly."

"I hope so, dear."