Chapter One-Hundred-Two

Thea continued to fight, despite the tears that seemed to leak endlessly from her eyes, obscuring her view slightly but she wiped them away angrily.

She couldn't believe it, Elliot was gone, Thea had seen the body lying so lifeless, only a few meters away from her. His usual humorous expression and the lively twinkle in Elliot's eyes was gone, living a shell of what had once been.

Ginny still stood close to Thea's side, hoping that she wouldn't do something reckless again. Thea had surprised even herself when she had dared to utter the killing curse to Antonin Dolohov. She hadn't ever thought that she would be capable of doing such a thing, but Thea was in pain and she was angry which only fuelled the power behind the incantation. It was Cedric's death all over again, Thea could already feel her brain wanting to shut down, to send her back into the depressive state her life had been in after Cedric's death. But Thea refused it, she wouldn't go back to that, ever. She wanted to avenge Elliot's death and anyone else who died fighting.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Thea was scared. After seeing how easily it had happened to Elliot, she just hoped that no one else would meet a similar fate. 

"George! George!" 

George was being shaken roughly, while everyone tried to snap him out of his thoughts that he was stuck in. He could already feel the tears dripping down his face.

"No." George whispered under his breath. 

His eyes found where a large pile of rubble covered the area near where the wall had exploded. 

"No-No-No!" Someone shouted as well. "No! Fred! No!"

George looked over to where Percy was shaking Fred violently and Ron was kneeling beside both of them. Fred's eyes stared without seeing, the ghost of his last laugh still etched upon his face. 

George stood still unable to move as he watched Percy sobbing over his twin's body. George couldn't believe it was true, it was impossible. 

Hermione was still shaking George trying to snap him out of it. It was becoming increasingly dangerous for them to keep standing there. Large monstrous spiders were coming down over them all as well as the never-ending spells coming there way. 

George couldn't move, tears fell down his face as he struggled to embrace the impossible. His eyes looked over at Percy and Harry struggled to lift Fred's body from the ground and hauled it over to safer ground. 

After it was deposited safely behind a suit of armor and well hidden. Percy took off in the opposite direction, while Harry, Ron, and Hermione who had also been on the scene scattered off into another direction. George was left standing there as spells whirled past him so quickly that they ruffled his hair. Tears still dripped down his cheeks but a sudden wave of emotion came over him as he ran down the corridor, his wand raised high, emotion overcoming him as he found himself in crossfires with another Death Eater. 

Thea continued to fight, refusing to give up, she was in the middle of a battle when she was interrupted mid-battle when a high, cold voice once again echoed from the walls. Thea quickly crouched down, her eyes cast down as her hands pressed over her ears.

"You have fought valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

When Thea looked up she could see that the Death Eater she had been facing had already disappeared and Ginny was coming over to her side.

"You okay, Ginny?" Thea asked solemnly, forgetting about her own grief momentarily. 

"I'm okay, Thea. You?"

Thea could barely look into Ginny's eyes as she could already find tears pooling in her eyes.

"I'm just ready for all of this to be over.