Chapter Fifty-Seven

"Thea....." Remus trailed off.

"You heard me!" Thea snapped.

"Let her come, Remus," Sirius said. "I know as well as you do that she can manage it." 

"I'll keep an eye on her," Tonks promised. "We have to go."

Thea hadn't been to the Ministry in a long time, she had often frequented the place when her father would take her when she was younger. However, the younger Thea had often found the trips boring because there was nothing to do. If only she had known back then what would happen today, it was a stark difference.

The second, the Order Members plus Thea entered the Department of Mysteries, they were thrown into chaos as Death Eaters quickly overcame the Hogwarts students before turning to the newcomers. Thea held her wand tightly in her hand, sticking close to Tonks, the two of them fought their way through trying to watch out if anyone needed help, their eyes sweeping the room while their minds raced, neverending spells emitted from the ends of their wands. 

"Stupefy!" Thea shouted as a Death Eater tried to creep up behind her. She watched, satisfied as he fell to the ground. 

"Wow!" Tonks exclaimed between calling out spells, pride lacing her voice. "You really do have the attitude of an Order member! I reckon you would make a fine auror!" 

"Really? Because that's where I want to go, I wanted to do it for a while since my dad used to bring me to the Ministry!" Thea replied between calling out more spells, spinning around to notice any death eaters who were trying to creep up on them. 

"Well, if we get out this alive, I promise that I will make sure you do!" Tonks shouted before all her attention turned to the person she was currently dueling, Bellatrix Lestrange. 

Thea quickly headed over to where the other Hogwarts students were, quickly ushering them out of the room, they were quite surprised to why she was there in the first place but didn't question it as they hurried from the room. She turned back around trying to head back towards to where Tonks was but nearly screamed out in shock as she watched as Bellatrix overpowered Tonks, knocking her unconscious. 

She made eye-contact with Remus who mouthed for her to get herself out of there. But Thea knew she couldn't leave without Harry. Thea quickly made her way over to where Harry was fighting alongside Sirius. 

"Harry, come on," Thea said, trying to pull Harry away from the scene. "We need to get out of here." 

Harry looked up to where Sirius was standing as he watched Sirius give him a slight nod in confirmation.

"Go with Thea, Harry. I promise you'll be safe, now go!" 

Harry didn't have time to respond as Thea quickly pulled him away from the scene. They only stopped briefly when Sirius called something out to them again.

"Harry, do try to convince Thea that I did win that game of chess!" He shouted chuckling before his attention turned back to the fight. Thea rolled her eyes before sticking her tongue out at the man. 

"What game of chess?" Harry asked Thea as they tried to head out of the room again.

"Don't worry. I'll explain later." 

"Stupefy!" Thea shouted as other Death Eater tried to approach them. 

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouted behind her at another Death Eater. 

"Good one!" 

"Thanks! You too!"

The two of them turned around as the sound of Bellatrix's evil cackle as she shot a spell towards Sirius. His body went rigid as the spell struck him launching him back into the veil. Thea's eyes opened wide and her mouth fell open as she struggled to grab a hold on Harry's wrist trying to prevent him from running over and putting himself in even more danger. 

"Harry! No! Get back here!" Thea shouted as the boy ran over to the veil but Remus stopped him quickly, holding him back. Thea headed over to the two as well, trying to brush away her own tears as she defended them from the death eaters that remained who were using the moment as a chance to attack. 

Bellatrix's cackle echoed around the room again, accompanied by her chanting.

"I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK! I KILLED SIRIUS BLACK!" 

That seemed to be the final straw for Harry who broke free of Remus' arms and ran in pursuit of the villainous woman. 

"Remus!" Thea shouted trying to get the attention of her temporary guardian. 

"Thea! Get out here!" 

"I'm not leaving without you!" Thea retorted, heading over to Remus' side and conjuring her own spells to try and take the rest of the death eaters down. However, considering the rest of the Order of Phoenix members left were becoming increasingly distracted many Death Eaters managed to escape causing Thea to scream in fury.