Chapter Seventy-Nine

Tonks and Remus' wedding was scheduled for a few days later. Although most people would have left it a few more weeks after the proposal but with the war bearing down on everyone's heads, the fear of never knowing what would happen the next day as well as the wish of Tonks and Remus for it only to be a small wedding, it had been organized for a few days later but the Ministry had suddenly decided to try and ruin the entire occasion. 

They had placed the Anti-Werewolf legislation act in effect and it was easy to say that no one in the Order of the Phoenix was happy about it. 

They had met back up at Grimmauld Place which was likely to be one of the last times, the Order used it as Headquarters. Snape's departure after the death of Dumbledore had raised concern among the Order as not only was Snape well aware of the place being used as Headquarters after Dumbledore's passing all the members had become Secret-Keepers. 

Harry had already been forced to go back to the Dursley's for the last time as it was the safest place for him at the point in time but that left the Order struggling to find a new place for Headquarters. 

But that wasn't why they had gathered there today. They had been discussing things about the Anti-Werewolf legislation act and even though none of them were happy about it, it was all agreed that there simply wasn't anything they could do about it. 

"Well, the Ministry can do what and think what they want. I don't care, Remus and I are getting married whether they like it or not. They can't do anything about it." Tonks shouted loudly so everyone could hear her as she was accompanied by several shouts and cries of support. 

"Am I the only one who would love to see Tonks march up to the Minister declaring that?"

The wedding had slowly been creeping up on everyone throughout the day and now there was only half an hour until the ceremony began, Thea found herself with a panicking Remus on her hands. She had propped herself up on the kitchen table watching amused as Remus paced back and forth. He had experienced several mood swings in the space of just a few minutes. Thea had already tried to calm him down but nothing seemed to be working, so soon she was left with only one option.

"Is anyone going to help me here or am I going to have to manage this myself?" Thea called out receiving no response from anyone. 

Thea quickly picked herself off the kitchen, grabbing the latest copy of the Daily Prophet which sat beside her only showing bad news. She quickly rolled it up before heading over to Remus, where she grabbed him by the tie and began slapping him across the face with the rolled up Daily Prophet.

"Pull! Smack! Yourself! Smack! Together! Smack!" 

"Ow!" Remus shouted looking at Thea, victimized. "What was that for!"

"Don't be an idiot, Remus! You are going to get married to a beautiful woman in a matter of half an hour. Tonks loves you and I know you love her. Trust me, I didn't go through months of hearing Tonks swooning over you for nothing, so please get out there and get married!" Thea said, before giving Remus a little shove. 

The ceremony was just as beautiful yet simplistic as Thea thought it was going to be. Despite Thea's strict talking to Remus, he still remained very nervous and on edge but all his nerves melted away the second he saw Tonks, dressed in a simple flowery dress that she had picked out for the occasion. Happiness radiated off her face and a similar expression was mirrored on Remus' face. 

Thea couldn't help but grin as the person she considered to be her sister slowly walked up to where Remus stood before the ceremony began. 

Happy times like these didn't often last during the dark times the Wizarding World currently found themselves in. So it made it even more important to treasure moments and people while they were happening instead of waiting for goodness who knows what. The happy memory of seeing Remus and Tonks get married would stick around for a long time and provided much-needed happiness and hope for the group who had had the pleasure to see them get married. 

However, it was clear that someone was missing in the celebrations. Harry was still with the Dursley's and the Order had no news on him. It was too risky nowadays to send mail with owls being intercepted left and right. Both Tonks and Remus had wanted the boy to be there and be included in the celebrations, however, the boy would have to stay at the Dursley's until he became of age. The Order had already begun to the plan how they would get Harry away from the Dursley's house safely as Death Eaters seemed to be following them everywhere. 

But that wasn't what was on the mind of everyone that night, the small crowd watched as Remus and Tonks celebrated their first night as a wedded couple. They had just shared their first dance before coming over to Thea who appeared deep in thought and jumped slightly in shock once she noticed the couple standing in front of her.

"Remus? Tonks? I thought you two would be out there enjoying married life? Why are you here?"

"We wanted to talk to you and thank you." Remus said.

"And besides we have a present for you."

"Present?" Thea asked. "It's your wedding night, I'm supposed to be the one giving you guys present not the other way around."

"Don't be ridiculous, Thea!" Tonks cried jokingly. 

"What my wife is trying to say." Remus began, an even wider smile forming on his face once he referred to Tonks as his wife. "We wanted to thank you for everything. Without your sometimes slightly violent methods of persuasion, I would never have admitted my feelings for Tonks and we wouldn't be here."

"I wanted to thank you as well, Thea. You put up with my constant rants for several months and sat on the couch with me, sobbing into pints of ice-cream and the list goes on. So we wanted to give you this." Tonks said, dropping a small key into Thea's palm. 

"What-" Thea began but was too stunned to respond. "You are giving me the apartment but you own it not me. And what about Remus saying he didn't want me to live by myself?"

"Well, Thea it's not like you haven't been in that apartment by yourself more night than not and maybe you could consider Elliot moving in with you? But I think you'll find that the apartment is no longer in Dora's name, rather in yours."

"Oh, you sly dogs."