Chapter Fifty-Nine

Thea stood in the middle of the Burrow's entrance hall watching as everyone ran pass her not even giving her a slight bit of recognition. Even Molly Weasley hadn't noticed the guest yet. 

Thea had almost immediately regretted agreeing to accompany the Weasley family, Harry and Hermione to Diagon Alley to get things for the new school year almost as soon as she had arrived. 

Not only was it her first proper day off in two weeks and she wasn't studying. Thanks to the rising guilt in her chest, Thea seemed to become more aware of this fact by the second. But it was mainly what the trip to Diagon Alley was sure to include. 

To examine the empire otherwise known as Weasley Wizard Wheezes that her ex-boyfriend and his twin brother had created. Thea seemed to have better control over her life with each passing day, no longer relying on pointless day-dream depicting what life might have been like if she hadn't broken up with George. But Thea wasn't ready to throw all the progress away, just because she made the discussion to enter the shop, the memories would be too painful anyway. 

"Why 'ello there."

Thea snapped up from where she was staring at the floor to see the blonde woman who stood in front of Thea. 

"Hello, Fleur! I didn't realize you were here!" Thea exclaimed trying to put as much surprise and shock as possible into her voice even though she was more than aware of why Fleur was there and her engagement. 

Thea had often spent her early mornings in the Burrow with Tonks and Molly over a cup of tea as Tonks confided her feelings in Molly before Thea had headed to work. This, of course, meant that Thea often had to listen to Molly's rants about Fleur saying how that her and Bill had rushed the engagement. Thea had expected it to be awkward now spending so much time with her ex-boyfriend's mother but because Molly and Thea had had a close bond for such a long time, nothing had really changed. 

Fleur looked all too pleased that she would be able to tell the story of her engagement and why she was there but Ginny quickly beat her to it. 

"She's engaged to Bill, Thea. She's here to get to know us better." Ginny said quickly, directing a slight smirk towards Fleur as she left the room. 

"Congratulations, Fleur!" Thea replied brightly, before leaving the room as well following one of her favorite red-heads. 

"Thanks for that," Thea said to Ginny once she had finally caught up with her. 

"No problem, I had to get you away from Phlegm." 

"Ginny!" Thea tried to scold the younger girl but couldn't as she burst into giggles when then, in turn, set Ginny off. 

Thea hadn't seen much of the younger Weasley kids or Harry and Hermione since the Department of Mysteries. Her early morning visits often took place when not many people were awake and by the time they woke up, she had left. 

She had completely expected for Ginny and Ron to be angry with her about breaking up with George because she had witnessed first hand how close they all were but something about how she had helped them in during the battle in the Department of Mysteries had only increased their admiration of her. 

Soon enough Thea found herself surrounded by the younger members of the household, all very glad to see her again. Thea had just finished embracing Hermione when Ron spoke up to ask a question, eagerly awaiting the answer. 

"Is it true that you are training to become an Auror?" 

"I am. It's keeping me very busy, I've kept meaning to get over here to see you all."

"What sort of things do you do?"

"Is it fun?"

"Who else is doing the course as well?"

"Is it anyone we know?" 

The questions kept coming at Thea at such a rate that she could barely concentrate.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. Everyone slow down for a second. I can barely hear what any of you are saying."

"Is it because you are getting old." Ron teased, wincing when Hermione hit him on the arm. 

"Very funny, Ronald." Thea retorted back. "But yeah, the course is a lot of fun, it's hard work particularly because they are trying to cram three years worth of study into one year but most of the people are nice." 

"Most?" Harry questioned.

"Do you need me to hex anyone?" Ginny asked. 

"Well, there's only three people in my course and I'm the only girl. But all the instructors are nice and we are all getting our own tutors soon to help us with anything else. Elliot and I quickly became good friends, we have a lot in common. But I simply can't get along with the other boy, Miles. And Ginny I don't need you to hex anyone. Believe me,  I can take care of that myself." Thea said, shooting the group a mischevious smirk. 

"You didn't!" Hermione gasped. 

"I don't remember saying anything," Thea said. 

"Children!" Molly Weasley shouted getting their attention. "Oh and Thea." She said after she noticed the girl following behind. "I'm so sorry I didn't hear you come in, thank you so much for agreeing to come with us." 

"It's no problem, Mrs. Weasley."

Thea watched as Bill, the oldest Weasley son passed a full money bag to Harry as the younger boy thanked him.

"Where's mine?" Ron demanded."

"It's already his, idiot. I got it out of his vault for him because it's taking about five hours for the public to get to their gold at the moment, the goblins have tightened security so much. Two days ago, Arkie Philpott had a Probity Probe stuck up his.....Well, trust me, this way's much easier." 

"E is always so thoughtful." Fleur purred, stroking Bill's nose. Thea watched as Ginny mimed vomiting into her cereal behind Fleur and Thea let out a chuckle that she concealed with a cough as Harry tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

"Hey, Harry," Thea said, grinning widely. 

"Can I talk to you?"

"Of course," Thea replied as Harry pulled her into the living room. 

"I just wanted to thank you for what you did that night."

"Oh, it's no problem."

"And I wanted to give you this," Harry said, pulling out something from his pocket that Thea couldn't see. 

"Um...Harry."

"It's an invisibility cloak, it was my dad's. I just assumed you don't exactly want to see George or Fred for the matter right now but still want to see what they have created so I thought you could use this."

Thea sat there in shock before a huge smile came across her face. "You truly are one of a kind, Harry," Thea said before Mrs. Weasley called them out to where Ministry of Magic cars sat waiting to take the large group to the Leaky Cauldron.