Chapter Eighty-Seven

Thea was sitting on the couch in the living room, her old diary from her early years at Hogwarts propped open on her lap, her hands clutched around a still warm mug of tea. 

She couldn't help but laugh at some of the entries and how young and innocent 12/13-year-old Thea had been. 

The entries varied in size and detail, going from long recounts about an argument she had had with one of her friends or rushed, short recounts finished off in a scrawl claiming that the younger Thea was late for class or that someone was calling her down for breakfast. 

It was a nice break after everything that had happened in the last few days, with the stress of the war becoming too much, nightmares had once again become a staple part of Thea's life. Elliot had spent a majority of the night, coaxing Thea into reality, where everyone she cared about wasn't dead and she was the only one left. It was actually why Elliot was now upstairs napping as he hadn't gotten much sleep in the last few nights.

Thea found herself absolutely terrified even to shut her eyes for the fear of her nightmares as well as that yet another bad thing would happen. 

She had tried to find anything that would take her mind of the nightmares and the current solution seemed to be the box of diaries that she had found in the bottom of her closet. Thea vaguely remembered bringing the box from the Diggory household to Grimmauld Place after Remus and Sirius had taken on the roles of temporary guardians and now they lived in the bottom of her closet. 

Thea was about to turn the next page to see another scribbled diary entry when Remus and Tonks suddenly arrived startling Thea and causing her to jump, spilling her tea over herself, she quickly through the diary out of the way not wanting it to be ruined by any tea stains. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, Thea." Tonks quickly apologized unable to keep the smile off her face.  

"Don't worry about it. Is something wrong? Actually, nothing could be wrong with the way you two are smiling at me." Thea said gesturing towards their grins. "What happened?"

"Oh, nothing." Tonks tried to play it off casually.

"ARGGH! Tell me! The suspense is killing me!" 

"Okay, fine I'll tell you," Tonks said.

"Finally!" Thea shouted. 

"Are you sure you want to know?" Tonks asked cheekily. 

"Yes!"

"Well, I'm pregnant."

"Well, that's- WHAT!" Thea suddenly shouted the realization coming to her.  

Tonks and Remus only chuckled before smiling at each other, they had both predicted that this was how Thea would react. 

"You!" Thea gestured towards Remus. "And you!" Thea gestured to Tonks. "I can't. AWWW!!"

While Thea struggled to contain her happiness for the couple in front of her, it was clear that other members of the household were struggling to ignore all the noise that was coming from the living room.

"What's with all the noise?" Elliot asked groggily, his hair sticking up at random angles. 

"Elliot!" Thea shouted happily. "Guess what! Wait...do you two want to tell him or can I?"

"You can, Thea," Remus replied to Thea warmly. 

"Tonks and Remus are expecting!" 

"What?" Elliot asked, yawning still half asleep. 

"There is a baby currently in Tonks' stomach, Elliot," Thea told Elliot rather matter of factly. "Oh my god, there is a baby in your stomach! Can I feel it?" Thea quickly rushed over to Tonks and began to feel her stomach, her excitement making her jump up and down literally. 

"Not quite yet, Thea but soon!"

"Oh my gosh, I can't wait!"

"But that's not even the best news yet." Remus started, sharing a look with his wife. 

"What?" Thea asked confused. "What is better than you two having a child?" 

"Dora and I would love for you to be the godmother of our baby."

Thea's eyes widened as she stared forward in shock. Remus and Tonks looked to her in slight concern. Her reaction was vastly different to how she was acting only a few moments earlier. However, they had no reason to worry as Thea quickly recovered.

"You would?" She asked, staring at them with wide eyes.

"Of course, Thea." Tonks said. "So what do you say?"

"Yes!" Thea screeched causing Elliot to flinch slightly and place his hands over his ears like he was in pain. 

"Don't get me wrong, I love you Thea but I would really appreciate it if you stopped screaming."