Chapter Ninety-Six

Thea couldn't shake the feeling of dread as the next few weeks passed. Everyone knew that the war would soon be drawing to a close. Wars did not last forever no matter how long this one seemed to go for and it was clear that time was slowly counting down to the final moments. No one knew who would come out on top although Thea was sure that it would be their side. Even though they hadn't heard much from Harry, Hermione and Ron since their brief stopover at Shell Cottage but Thea knew that their mission was going successfully. 

But despite that, the entire Order of the Phoenix was still on edge and it had only increased after Thea's incident. She was lucky to still be breathing but as much as everyone tried to warn her not to overexert herself because of her injuries, her torturous experience wasn't going to stop her from fighting.

Thea and Elliot had moved back into the Diggory family home shortly after Teddy was born, wishing to let the new parents enjoy every moment as well as they could and to not interfere with anything. 

But Elliot had gotten sick in recent weeks, it was just a nasty head cold but he had chosen to take a rest day in bed. So Thea had headed back over to the Lupin's to spend the day with Tonks and Remus as well as her godson, Teddy. 

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Elliot?" Thea said before leaving, checking on Elliot as he lay in bed.

"I'll be fine!" Elliot called before coughing dramatically into a tissue. "Just fine, enjoy the day with your godson and Remus and Tonks."

"I think Andromeda, might be coming as well but I will definitely enjoy it if you need anything you know where I will be."

"Be safe, Thea!" Elliot called as Thea turned back around to face him. "It's still not safe out there."

"I will, Elliot. I promise. Bye!"

"Bye!" Elliot called back before he had another coughing fit. 

Thea stepped outside the home, feeling the wind pick up her hair as it passed. May had only just started but it had already brought with it, the summer air and feeling that Thea loved dearly. 

She hoped the war would end soon so she would really be able to get out and enjoy it all. 

Apparating soon after, Thea found herself in front of the Lupin household. She quickly hurried in, to see Tonks on the couch, holding a larger Teddy while Andromeda sat by her daughter's side. 

"Thea!" Tonks shouted cheerfully. "Come in and sit down. But I think you may need to wait your turn to hold Teddy."

Since Teddy was born and there were other people around, he always seemed to passed around quicker than you stay 'Accio Teddy'. He had quickly become a favorite among everyone and he always seemed to be very happy to see them all. 

After Andromeda had had a prolonged chance to hold her grandson it was finally Thea's turn to hold Teddy.

Teddy soon got himself comfortable in Thea's arms before smiling slightly up at her, his eyes watching the world in awe as his little hand reached up and tried to grab Thea's hair. 

"He's gotten so big, Tonks."

"I know, it's hard to believe, he's grown up so much in only a few weeks."

"You've got to hold onto those moments for as long as you can, Dora," Andromeda said wisely from her daughter's other side. "They go by so quickly, I remember when you were that age and now you are a mother yourself now. It crazy how quickly the time goes."

"I completely agree with you, mum. I don't like saying it but with war happening outside and the fact that Remus and I are heavily involved in it, there is always a chance that Remus and I might not be around forever. So we are treasuring every moment with Teddy that we have."

Of course, the thought had crossed everyone's minds at some point, Tonks was right there was always a chance that anyone wouldn't be around to see the sunrise the next day. Especially in times of war, it was vital that everyone appreciates the happy while they still had the chance to.

But it had also shown Thea just how quickly Tonks had become a mother. Thea still viewed Tonks as her honorary sister because her humor, wisdom and metahphograus abilities always made Thea laugh. However, it was still nice to see Tonks slowly become a mother figure as well not only to Teddy but to Thea as well. 

Remus had also over time grown into the father figure role. Thea had always thought of him as a father figure ever since he had first become her temporary guardian, it had been very temporary! But despite his fears and worries earlier in the pregnancy, he was delighted when Teddy was born and was already growing into a splendid father. 

"You are extremely lucky, Teddy," Thea whispered as Andromeda and Tonks talked amongst themselves. "I wish I had Remus and Tonks as parents, they would be the coolest. I can already imagine it, Tonks letting you get away with murder while Remus is worried about you all the time. Don't worry, Teds, I'll help you run away from him, I'm going to wear the title of best Godmother proudly."

Speaking of Remus he quickly arrived, disrupting the tranquil peace of the group in the living room. 

"The Order had been summonded to Hogwarts, we need to get there quickly." Remus quickly said, directing it to Thea who quickly passed Teddy back to Tonks.

"I'm coming with you." Tonks said.

"No, Dora."

"I agree with Remus, Dora. Maybe you and Teddy should come back to my place with me, it will be safer that way."

Tonks was torn between wanting to go fight with Thea and her husband and staying behind with her mother and Teddy. She walked over to Remus pulling him into a kiss.

"I love you." She said after she pulled away.

"I love you too," Remus replied, preparing to leave. "Are you ready to go, Thea?"

"Am I ready? I've been ready for months, I've just been waiting for Voldemort and his entourage to catch up."