Chapter Seventy-Four

Tonks and Thea quickly found themselves heading straight into battle. Several curses were sent in their direction accompanied by their own bright flashes of light. Tonks quickly found herself fighting the Death Eater Rowle who was sending the killing curse in any and every direction.

Thea looked over to see Ginny dueling Amycus Carrow although she was handling it quite well, Thea could easily see that she was struggling. Deciding to head over to her, Thea found herself in battle with several other death eaters.

The battle was very similar to what it had been like at the Department of Mysteries except for the fact that Thea's spells struck twice as hard as she had improved greatly in her experience and technique, thanks to her auror training.

Her Auror training had taught her to look for any weaknesses as well as any flaws in technique that she could use as an advantage.

Thea was about to send another curse towards a Death Eater when another Death Eater tripped her sending her sprawling towards to the ground. She landed hard on her right wrist and Thea could swear that she could hear a loud crack which was only confirmed when her wrist began to throb in pain. Thea knew that there was no time to heal it now as she quickly pushed herself up on her good hand, her wand still clutched in it. She had been lucky that she hadn't landed on her wand hand.

"Thea!" She could hear her name being shouted from somewhere but she couldn't work out where. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine!" Thea shouted back, her teeth grinding together as she was in pain. "Just fine."

She quickly looked around to see that other students were joining in the battle. Thea let a small sigh, it wasn't a good thing that the students were fighting, they weren't as experienced and could more easily get hurt. Thea quickly turned her head to see Neville heading over to help the struggling Ginny as Thea tried to head back towards Tonks as she held her right hand in her jumper to avoid it from getting hurt more while her left hand was held out in front of her, spells constantly streaming from it heading towards the Death Eaters.

Thea looked up to see Death Eaters blocking the stairs that went up to the top of the Astronomy Tower as her attention was distracted as McGonagall arrived on the scene and began to battle Alecto when a stray spell hit her, throwing her back to the ground. She bit her tongue to stop herself from screaming out in pain when her eyes fell on Bill Weasley who was still trying to fight Greyback from the ground even after he was bleeding all over after being brutally attacked. He was struggling, Thea quickly pulled herself to her feet despite the pain in her wrist and sent a blasting curse towards Greyback.

Watching in satisfaction as the werewolf was thrown through the air, Thea quickly made her way over to Bill's side as a bright flash of green illuminated the sky from above her as well as two shadows of someone falling through the air. Thea cursed under her breath as she watched the two bodies fall before hitting the ground one after the other.

"It can't be true," Thea muttered to herself.

Dumbledore was dead, their fearless leader was dead. Thea's thought quickly went back to the kindness he had shown her after her brother had died, it had made a big difference. Everyone had an experience or memory of Dumbledore making a big difference in her lives, he had been a mentor to all of them.

The Order wasn't sure what to do anymore. It was a devastatingly blow, made only worse once they had realized that it had been Severus that had delivered the killing curse that had blown Dumbledore off the Astronomy Tower. The night was full of grief and despair. As Thea had suspected, Bill had been brutally attacked, covered in blood and deep wounds but as she headed back over to him to try and help, she was pushed away, while people said that she needed to take care of herself.

Thea had been left with a broken wrist that was swollen and had been bruised badly throughout the battle. She hadn't felt the cut on her face, because of the adrenaline bursting through her veins until someone had pointed it out and she had reached up to feel the sticky dried blood that covered one side of her face.

Thea eventually went to go sit down in the main corridor while she waited for her next instruction her mind whirling, while her face bared no expression. Bill had been taken to Madam Pomfrey to try and see what she could do but Thea was sure that he would probably need to go to St Mungo's because those wounds were definitely going to scar. Everyone that passed her had expressions full of pain, it was a great loss.

Eventually, Thea was pulled to feet by Tonks who had at first grabbed Thea's broken wrist but after seeing her expression contort to one of pain, Tonks grabbed her other arm.

"Come on, Thea. Everyone is heading back to the Burrow."

"I don't want to go," Thea said quietly.

"Come on, Thea, please. I know you don't want to go but you need to get that wrist healed and the last I heard that Elliot was there, he can help, Thea." Tonks said hoping that the mention of Elliot would get Thea to agree to come.

Thea thought through everything for a little while before responding to Tonks. "Okay, I'll come," Thea replied quietly.