Chapter Fifty-Five

"I think we need to break up."

"Wait...what?" 

"I think we should break up."

"But Thea...why?" George replied, heartbreak clear in his eyes. 

"You shouldn't have to spend your life trying to fix a broken person like me and it's hard for me to be around you and not cry." 

"Come on, Thea. It's a joke I get it. Haha, very funny. You finally got me back." 

"It's not a joke." 

"Thea, I know you don't want this or mean this."

"It's just...." Thea trailed off her mind immediately going back to her nightmare and the reasons she had to do this. 

"It's just what Thea?"

Thea took a deep breath before her emotions took over as she found herself screaming at George.  

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE! YOU'VE NEVER LIVED WITHOUT LOVE IN YOUR LIFE, I SAW IT AT CHRISTMAS! ALTHOUGH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TEND TO DISAGREE ON LOTS OF THINGS YOU STILL LOVE EACH OTHER UNCONDIOTANLLY. I NEVER GOT TO EXPERIENCE THAT, MY PARENTS HATE ME AND THE ONLY PERSON WHO TRULY LOVED ME WAS MY BROTHER AND GUESS WHAT HE'S GONE TOO!  AND ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU TRY TO HELP ME BUT REALLY YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND AT ALL. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOSE A BROTHER!"

Tears fell out of Thea's eyes as she brushed them away angrily, she looked to George trying to gauge his reaction as he just stared blankly ahead. 

"SO YEAH, I THINK WE SHOULD BREAK UP BECAUSE JUST BEING AROUND YOU MAKES ME CRY!"

"Woah, Woah. What's going on here?" Fred walked out approaching the two, looking concerned as his brother continued to stare ahead and Thea continued to cry before she turned on him.

"AND YOU! YOUR JUST THE SAME, SO STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY BOTH OF YOU!" Thea shouted before turning and running away, pushing people out of the way as she passed. 

"What on earth just happened," Fred muttered quietly to himself before going to comfort his brother and to try and understand what was going on. 

Thea didn't exactly know where she was going but her feet quickly found the familiar path that she hadn't used since before Christmas and Thea soon found herself in her former hiding place with the enchantments still the same as how she had left it. Hugging her knees tightly, Thea just cried and cried and cried.

"What happened, George?" Fred asked quietly as they prepared the first stage of the giant prank that would leave them a legacy at Hogwarts forever.

"She broke up with me."

"I assumed it would be something like that." 

"You're not helping, Fred." 

"Sorry. But I just don't understand, why? She was finally happy."

"Well, not anymore apparently. She said a whole lot of stuff like how I didn't understand, how I never helped her, that I have never lived with love in my life and that being with me made her cry." 

George heard his voice crack with sadness towards the end, out of all the things, he thought Thea would be talking to him about that certainly wasn't it. 

"Are you sure you want to do this, George?" Fred asked quietly. 

"I'm sure, Fred. There's nothing left here for me anymore." 

Thea just stared out of the window, similar to what she did every night. Her mind was blank, she didn't know how long she had been sitting there but the stiffness in her legs gave her a general idea, the leftover tears still trailing down her face, she couldn't cry anymore. The nightmare from the previous night still haunted her and although Thea could feel fatigue already behind her eyes, she wouldn't dare let herself close her eyes in fear that she would experience something similar again. 

She was suddenly jolted out of her thoughts by loud bangs coming from down the hall, accompanied by Umbridge's shouting and as another bang sounded, whooping and hollering from students. Thea's eyes opened wide as bright colors filled the sky she had been observed only moments before, she watched as two people on brooms darted around the courtyard, yelling things at Umbridge while fireworks went off in the background. 

It was only too bad she knew exactly who the two people were. Her suspicions were only confirmed when one of the people swooped in front of her window making direct eye contact with her. 

George flew past all the windows in the castle, trying to find the one where he knew Thea would be. He nearly flew past her not noticing her but stopped himself as he saw out of his peripheral vision her eyes follow him. George looked at her, a mess and she looked at him, sitting proudly on his broom but not noticing the outside world, only noticing her. George broke the eye contact looking over to where his brother was waving frantically at him. He turned back to her, mouthing two words.

"I'm sorry." 

Thea didn't have time to respond before he flew away again. She could only watch as the twins became small dots in the distance.