Chapter Fifty

After Valentine's Day passed the school seemed to go back to somewhat normal. Umbridge still made everyone's lives hell wishing for them to succumb and accept her way of the ruling but Thea simply wasn't going to give her the satisfaction.

There were quite a few instances during class when Thea got really close to picking up her bag and walking through the door. Umbridge was infuriating and Thea had had enough.

During a particularly nasty lesson in which Thea was forced to bite her tongue the entire time to save her from calling out, Umbridge called Thea over to her desk as everyone filed out of the classroom extremely happy that it was over.

Thea packed her books up quickly, trying to ignore the taste of blood in her mouth before heading over to the pink devil's desk. George and Fred had tried to wait for her but she had waved them both out of the classroom, trying to assure them and herself that she would be alright.

"Hello, Professor Umbridge," Thea said, trying to force herself to look happy instead of the look of disgust she was so tempted to show.

"Good Afternoon, Miss Diggory. It has come to my attention that your brother died nearly a year ago." Umbridge said with no sympathy at all. "Of course I did comfort you about it at the start of the year but it was a nearly a year ago that's enough time for you to get over it. Your brother's death shouldn't be an excuse for messing around in my class and slacking off as for your friends, Mr. and Mr. Weasley, I suggest you rid of the friendship immediately, they are a bad influence. If I catch you slacking off, one more time, it will be a month of detentions. Do I make myself clear, Miss Diggory?" Umbridge looked up to the girl who was almost in tears, she watched as the girl gained control of herself yet again before replying.

"Crystal," Thea replied, anger making her voice shaking ever so slightly. "And now if you don't mind me, Professor, I'll just be going, I need to talk to my friends that are a bad influence."

Thea walked quickly out of the room before slamming the door behind her and sliding down the nearest wall to the floor before properly bursting into tears. George was by her side in seconds with Fred not too far after, they hadn't wanted to risk Thea having to walk by herself to lunch so even though she had wanted them not to wait for her, the boys had waited for her across the corridor.

"What happened Thea?" George tried to ask as Thea cried into his shoulder, his arm wrapped around her.

"One word, Umbitch."

"Technically that was three words, or we could not focus on that," Fred said rapidly finishing his sentence when George sent him a look.

"Thea, as much as your brief explanation of what happened did narrow down the possibilities, I would like to know what happened. If it's alright with you of course."

Thea pulled away, wiping her eyes slightly before letting out a breathless chuckle.

"And now, you're laughing," George said slightly confused. "What just happened?" He continued looking up to his brother who looked just as confused as him.

"Umbitch told me that I needed to get over my brother's death because it was nearly a year ago and that I shouldn't use it as an excuse to slack off. And..." Thea trailed off as she began laughing.

"And what?" The twins asked in unison impatiently.

"She told me to stop hanging out with you guys because she said and I quote 'you guys are bad influences'."

All three of them shared a chuckle. "Well, unfortunately, Thea you don't have a choice because we will kidnap you if necessary, we won't let you leave," Fred said jokingly leading all of them to laugh again. However, it quickly died out when the group noticed the new member that had joined them.

"No loitering in the halls." Umbridge snapped at them looking all too pleased with Thea's crying state. Her smirk was clear on her face and it infuriated George who quickly got to his feet and squared up with the woman.

"I suggest you wipe that smirk off your face," George said staring the diminutive woman right in the eye.

"Or what?" Umbridge snapped back.

"We will force you to." Fred piped up also now on his feet.

Umbridge looked ready to make a smart retort back but she turned her attention to Thea who was watching it all happy with a small smile on her face. Umbridge grabbed Thea roughly up by her arm and pulled her over to the twins.

"Let go of her," George said, watching as Umbridge refused to. "Now!"

Umbridge, let go of Thea's arm giving her a slight push towards the twins. "Now do you see why I suggested you cut all ties with these two. Bad influences, bullies, violent, two boys who think they can scare a teacher."

"Yeah, I can see that, Umbridge," Thea replied watching as a look of triumph blossomed across the woman's face. "But I can also see two kind people who stand up for the oppressed against tyrant leaders. Really, Professor, it's really quite unfortunate that I don't listen to people especially when they say bad things about my family."

Umbridge's face fell quickly replaced by a look of complete anger. "Detention!" She screamed, her pudgy face turning red with anger. "All of you! A whole month!"

Her screaming voice had alerted students and professors alike who were coming back from lunch to the hallway where they circled the four of them, Umbridge still screaming. Looks of pity and sympathy were shot their way as well as curiosity to what had caused the pink devil to go completely off her nut. Suddenly, much to everyone's relief, the crowd parted and out stepped Dumbledore.

"What seems to be the matter, Dolores?" Dumbledore said kindly.

"Her!" Umbridge pointed one plump, shaking finger at Thea. "She's got everyone under her control, these two," Umbridge said now pointing at the twins, "immediately stood up for her even though they didn't know what was wrong!"

"Dolores, Miss Diggory has had a particularly traumatic year, I'm sure she's still suffering and not completely herself and simply lashed out at you because you were the closest. It's nothing to worry about."

Thea bit her tongue again to stop herself from laughing. Leave it up to Dumbledore to try and portray her as insane to stop her from getting into trouble.

"As for the Weasley twins, although they are quite fond of pranks and have a mischevious side, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. They were simply standing up for a student in need. And that's why none of them will not be receiving detention for this."

Umbridge continued to shake with anger, stamping her foot on the ground in her anger, causing several students to chuckle. As she stormed off angrily, the students cheered. Dumbledore quickly made his way over to the three. "I suggest you watch your backs for a little while, I don't think Professor Umbridge will forget that very easily. I'll send letters to Molly, Remus and Sirius, if they have their own punishments to inflict, I'm afraid I won't be able to save you from those ones." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye.

"Thank you, Headmaster." Thea said warmly.

"You're very welcome, Miss Diggory.