Chapter Sixty-Four

As Thea walked into the Auror Department she could already her Miles' voice and as she rounded the corner she saw him perched precariously on a desk, gloating loudly about how he would get Mad-Eye Moody as his tutor, trying to prove that they were very similar in personality and skill. While everyone just watched on, shaking their heads slightly. 

Thea quickly looked around to check that their newly appointed head of the Auror office, Gawain Robards wasn't around to reprimand her before speaking up and confronting the egotistical jerk that stood in front of her. 

"As much as I appreciate the reminder that I go to work with egotistical jerks, I would suggest that you hop down off the table before your head gets so big that you will actually float away," Thea said loudly as she watched, Miles' face fall slightly before he recovered coming back with a comeback of his own. 

"Well, that's unfortunate I thought you still lived in an imaginary world where your brother is still alive and you are still dating that Weasley boy."

Elliot quickly tried to grab Thea's elbow to stop her from punching the boy but Thea had other plans in mind. "At least I have people who care about me, Miles. Last time I checked you were living alone because your arrogant nature even scared your own mother off." 

The Aurors that were looking on began clapping and cheering but quickly stopped as they noticed someone come in behind them, Thea quickly froze in her tracks. 

"Diggory! Grigbarwhagram!"

Thea slowly turned around to look into the eyes of the newly appointed Head of the Auror office, cursing herself on the inside for letting down her filter. As much as it had been great to see Miles' face, she kept telling herself that it wasn't worth it.

"Miss. Diggory as much as that is not tolerable, I must say that Mr. Grigbarwhagram does need to realize that his arrogant nature is also not tolerated. So neither of you will be in trouble this time around, but I hope not to see this kind of behavior in the future. Now you two and Mr. Gregory please step into my office so we can discuss your private tutors for the continuation of your training program."

Thea quickly collected herself before shooting a final glare towards Miles before following Gawain Robarbs into his office. She took a seat in the middle while the other boys sat on either side of her. 

"Now I'm sure you are all eager to find out who your tutors are for the continuation of your program. I've looked over all your character aptitude tests over the last few days and I've been very impressed. The tests showed me, where all your strengths and weaknesses lie. I have then placed you with the tutor as well as having some advice from your colleagues.  I believe you will achieve great things with your tutor's guidance. I've also taken their own strengths and weaknesses into account. I will soon hand you each an envelope which will show to you who your tutor will be. They will be able to train you in any ways they see fit as well as helping you with any weaknesses or worries you may have. So with all that out of the way, I will now hand you envelopes, please refrain from ripping into them until I have left the room." 

Robarbs than proceeded to hand each of them an envelope before quickly vacating the room not wishing to be there when the excitement would surely hit. 

Thea quickly ripped open hers, her eyes scanning the letter in front of her before she saw the tutor she had. Her heart skipped a beat, an excitement bubbled through her veins as well as a slight little bit of disappointment. 

On her right side, where Miles sat, she could hear him let out a sigh of extreme disappointment and anger. 

"You've got to be kidding," Miles exclaimed. "I got Dryslin! How unfair is that?" 

Henry Dryslin although very skilled was hated among many of the Aurors. His dry humor and generally not very happy demeanor made him an outcast among the auror office. Thea had often likened him to Severus Snape because she believed that if they ever met they would become great friends. 

"Oh. I got Dawlish." Elliot said from Thea's other side. "I'm pretty happy with that, he's not really good or bad."

"Which means-" Miles started narrowing his eyes at Thea. 

"I got Mad-Eye Moody." 

"How! You are too much of a coward to have any similar personality traits to Mad-Eye." Miles exclaimed, struggling to find an excuse of why Thea had gotten Mad-Eye Moody instead of him. "I know how that happened, the auror that you live with, Tonks. She had Mad-Eye as a mentor that's probably how."

"Whatever you say, Miles. I think you really are just being a sore loser."

Miles stalked out of the room, no doubt to find Robarbs and demand for a change. Thea turned to Elliot before they both burst out laughing. 

"Mad-Eye, Tonks? Really?" Thea asked Tonks as she entered into their apartment. She had suffered through a long day of Miles complaining but it was good to see Mad-Eye Moody again even she didn't exactly want him. 

"What? You already know Mad-Eye well and I knew you would do very good under his teaching."

"Yeah, but I wanted to meet someone new and get to know them through teaching instead of having a pre-existing relationship."

"So all of this is about your need to meet new people?"

"Yes!" Thea cried dramatically slamming her bedroom door shut behind her.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that but it was quite amusing to see Miles get exactly want he didn't want and what he had gloated about for such a long time. Maybe it will stop him from getting a bigger head that will cause him to float away."

"You heard that?" 

"Of course I did, no one in the office didn't. I just wouldn't tell anyone else about it though. Although it was great, I was so proud. But now you should open that door." Tonks said with a slight chuckle.

"No!" 

"Theodora Anne Diggory! Open that door right now!" Tonks said, trying to fake anger while a smile was still plastered on her face.

"Who told you my full name?"

"I believe it was Remus and it seems like-" Tonks stopped when several angry sounds emitted from the other side of the door. "We both react very similarly when people call us by our full names."