Chapter Twenty-Nine

Thea hadn't moved from the same position since the champions had gone in. Her leg was still vigorously shaking and her already pretty non-existent nails looked to be in even worst shape. Thea constantly fiddled with the necklace Cedric had got her and wished him all the luck she could.

"Come on, Cedric," Thea muttered under her breath for what seemed like the fiftieth time in the last few hours. 

"He is going to be fine, Thea," Alexander said. 

"But it's been so long since they went in. What sort of things do you think they are facing in there?" Sadie asked.

"Well, it must be quite extensive, it will be a lot harder than the other tasks," Max said logically as always.

"Great," Thea said holding her hands up in the air. "Just the thing I wanted to hear."

At Thea's comment, everyone shut up for a while. In fact, no one said anything until red sparks illuminated in the air. Thea jumped up and nearly fell back over from the pins and needles that were in her legs from sitting still so long. 

The competitor that came out turned out to be Fleur, which led everyone around Thea to let out a collected sigh of relief. However, the look of sheer terror that was still present on Fleur's face didn't settle well with her at all. 

Thea looked over to how her parents were fairing with the tournament. Anne seemed to have calmed down a fair bit and Amos just looked so proud and chuffed. Turning back to her friends who were currently debating whether or not the lead singer of a wizarding band called the Weird Sisters should be fired or not.

"I'll be right back," Thea said getting up wobbling slightly but managing not to fall over. 

Everyone looked quite confused at Thea's sudden exit but quickly understood once they saw Thea walking over to her parents. 

"How are you guys?' Thea asked.

"I'm great, Thea but your mother here is quite worried."

"Same, I've just been trying to distract myself."

"Yeah." Anne smiled slightly up at Thea. The relationship between the two of them was still quite strained and slightly awkward at the best of times. 

"I'm just waiting for Cedric to come out holding the cup triumphantly over his head, eternal glory his."

"I appreciate your enthusiasm dad, however, I don't think it will happen like that."

"Why heavens not, Thea?"

"I just think Cedric would be a bit more humble about the whole thing."

"You are probably right, Thea."

"Yeah. Well, I better get back to my friends." Thea said pointing out her friends behind her.

"You probably should, dear," Amos said waving goodbye and Anne joined in.

"Bye." 

Thea walked back to her seating and sat back down, once again squashed between Marquis and Sadie. The night quickly settled in as the temperature dropped, leaving a lot of people shivering in their seats. These meant that people were huddled up really closely almost like penguins to try and conserve as much body heat as possible. 

"It must be nearly over. I mean they've been in there for ages, someone must have found the cu-" Sadie started but was interrupted by a loud crack echoing throughout the field. 

Harry appeared with Cedric holding the Triwizard cup. Everyone started to cheer and triumphant music began to play but Thea was the first to pick up that something was wrong.

Cedric wasn't moving and he lay there quite limp, Harry's sobs could be heard over the cheers and music that quickly ended. 

Thea couldn't breathe, her voice cracked as she tried to utter a single word. "No...."

Dumbledore quickly ran over to the two boys. If it was in any other situation, Thea might find the idea of Dumbledore running at such a fast pace quite amusing but that wasn't the case this time.

"Harry! Harry! What happened?" Dumbledore shouted at Harry.

Harry wasted no time and screamed back, his voice full of emotion. "He's back! He's back! Voldemort. Voldemort is back. And he...well, he killed Cedric!"

Thea broke down, tears forcefully streamed down her face and she quickly sat down in shock. 

The others were clearly in other stages of shock. Marquis' and Max's face was full of shock, well Sadie and Alexander already had a few tears dripping down their faces and cries leaving their mouths. 

Thea could feel her entire world crashing down around her. She couldn't even look over to her parents and to see how they were reacting but she could hear, her father's angry cries at the crowd as he forcefully pushed his way through to get to Cedric.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!"

Thea fell off her chair and fell to her knees. Marquis managed to pick her up and hold her tightly so she wouldn't do anything she would regret later. 

Thea immediately began thrashed out trying to get to her brother. "Let me go!"

"Thea, no."

"Let me go! You have to! I need to get to him."

Thea continued to break down in Marquis' firm hold, he was refusing to let her go despite being just as upset and shocked as she was. Thea just couldn't believe that the one person who completely cared about her and always made her feel special was gone. 

"P-please." Thea's voice cracked. "Just let me go see him. I have the right."

"Ok, Thea," Marquis said letting her go. 

"No, Cedric. Why? You promised me..."

A/N: I'm crying right now and have this entire last week. I really didn't want to write this scene but I had to...