Chapter 3

Sauf's POV.

Oh My Allah, what is he doing here?

Could he be the one Kamal is getting married to? Oh don't be stupid Sauf, two men can't get married to each other.

Or maybe he's the bride's father. Oh no! He's too young and handsome.

Or her husband! Oh no. She's not married.

Or her...

I couldn't believe my eyes. The blue-eyed guy is here and is standing in front of me. His eyes are the most beautiful things I've seen in my life. Forgive me Ya Allah! I didn't lower my gaze.

Why did my parents have to make me stand in front. Should Kamal be standing in front since he's older or rather since he's the groom? Or at least sister Mona. Now I have to come eyeball to eyeball with him.

"Reply his salaam Sister," Ismah said.
I quickly replied to a salaam I didn't hear at all. I was left with my mouth open throughout. Only Allah knows how stupid I looked.

I walked in and stepped aside to let everyone walk into their beautiful living space first. I stayed there with my fingers intertwined together, playing with them. He walked past me to what seemed like a room or whatever.
He came back and stood beside me or rather in front of me.

"Won't you go and sit with them?" He said. He had a deep yet sweet voice. And his lips, pink and plumpy.

I slowly walked away and went to where the rest were. I picked up little Jasmine that was crawling on the floor aimlessly and sat near sister Mona since that was the only space left. Well not the only space left but I obviously couldn't sit near the bride's parents. It would feel so awkward.

Both my parents and her parents were already discussing about random stuff and Dad was already telling them about how wide his business is.

The blue-eyed guy kept staring at me. One minute, he's smiling and the other minute, he's frowning. What a weirdo.

After what seemed like 10 minutes, the girl came out wearing a navy blue abaya and a white floral scarf neatly tied around her face. She said salaam to everyone and we all answered simultaneously. Well, except for me because my mind was in the blue-eyed guy.

The parents proceeded to talking about the date for the wedding and it was set for 20th April. Which is my birthday as well.

"It's confirmed. Congratulations Mr. Walid," Mr. Hussein said.

"Congratulations to you too," My dad replied.

We proceeded to have dinner. It was so good and tasty. There was shepherd's pie, tarts, spicy chicken paella, and mango and papaya smoothie. If it was Asmaara(which is said to be the girl's name) who made the food, then Kamal will always be in heaven.

After dinner, everyone went back to the living room to settle down.

"Umm I'll be out for some fresh air," I informed everyone as I stood up slowly.

I really needed it, because I was suffocating.

Ammar's POV.

5 minutes after she had gone out, I followed her to the foyer outside.

"Hey," I said.

She turned around looking frightened.

"Sorry if I frightened you," I apologized immediately.

"It's okay. Umm sorry about the other day, I was worried that my parents will be worrying about me unnecessarily and wondering where I was, sorry." She said nervously.

"No problem. Sorry about how I reacted. I was just not in a good mood too," I apologized too.

"It's fine."

"What's your name? Oh you must be Ismah. I heard your mum say the name a while ago," I asked.

"No that's my younger sister. The one with the black dress. I'm Sauf," she explained.

"Oh that's really a beautiful name. Just like you," I said, smiling and I noticed she was smiling too. I didn't miss the way her cheeks turned pink and slowly red.
She really was a pretty girl.

"And what's your-" she began but I already knew what she was going to ask.

"Ammar," I answered before she finished her sentence.

"Oh nice," she replied. "What do you do?" She asked.

"I work with Ashton Magazine company. As their production manager." I answered.

"Oh"

"What do you do?"

"I graduated College last year. I'm waiting for clarifications to open my own platform on architecture. "

I really liked how ambitious she was. But all in one, she really cared about her family very much.

We conversed for a while before exchanging numbers. Her Sister then called her in to say good bye.

Sauf's POV.

I really enjoyed my conversation with him. He seemed really nice and gentle. He told me that he was Asmaara's cousin. I smiled at what I thought he was to her...

"See you some other time Asmaa," I gave her a tight hug before I left.  As I stepped out of the house, I saw Ammar standing outside where I left him.

"Goodbye," he said to me almost whispering.

I smiled and nodded and then walked to the car.
The ride home was quite interactive as everyone was happy about the outcome of the visit. I would only chip in some words where necessary.

Immediately we went home, I got Aiza to bring me some hot tea so I could sleep as I was stressed out.

I went upstairs to my room. I walked into the bathroom and performed wudhu. I then said my salaat and recited some Du'as.

Just after I was done, Aiza brought my tea and I sipped it immediately.

My phone beeped immediately after taking the first sip.

"Salaam, hope you arrived home safely"- Unknown Number.

Oh Ammar, I forgot to save his number and then I quickly replied him with a smile plastered on my face.

"Yes we did, Alhamdulillah"

What a nice man he is.

Meanings.

Ababya- a long dress worn by Muslim women.

Salaat- a form of worship to show gratitude to Allah.

Wudhu- ablution made by Muslims for purity to perform different acts of worship.

Du'as- supplications made by Muslims to ask for something.

Alhamdulillah- thanks be to Allah.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please be sure to
Vote
Comment and share.

Asmaa❤